Some 0.11.4 Changes

This is hilarious.

All you damned children wailing that Alpha's Howl no longer has a use, here's a thought, use it to run the same amount of auras you did previously?

IGN: Pastryfighter
"
Thunderflux wrote:
Thank you for making the abusers cry, GGG :D

I am an exploiter and this nerf will hit me hard, but I knew it would happen sooner or later and I actually want GGG to fix the game. :D
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
if this destroys the blood magic uniques that is so bad for build diversity, the blood magic gem shouldn't be so expensive for aura's really hurts builds.
"
Kyu wrote:
"
TheuberClips wrote:
You can still use Covenant and Malachai's to cast BM auras, but you have to do it at the start of every map.

What?

Currently how you have to use it is by going in a zone, equipping Malachai, casting your auras, putting back on your normal helmet, leaving the zone, going back in the zone, put up your mana auras.

This wouldn't work with your method if it reset every time you swapped maps. o;

Why leave the zone? It worked for me as you described except that I did not leave the zone between activating BM and Mana auras.
Crit happens.
"
dspair wrote:
THE TEARS

They are Dericious!

Funny how people are still proclaiming that the alpha's howl abuse is "clever use of game mechanics".

So why do you have to match the order and color of the sockets in your helms to be identical to that of Alpha's Howl? It is quite obvious that this is abuse of a bug regardless of whether GGG acknowledges that it is. If this was intended, you would not have to go out of your way to make it work.

Clever use of game mechanics =

Using blood rage as CI to avoid the chaos damage.
Using blood rage as low life to get attack speed bonus.
Using righteous fire as low life to gain the more spell damage bonus.
Using Shavs to make a low life build.
Using puncture+chance to flee.
Flanking titty-b*tches in the middle of their attack animation.
Using flammability + elemental weakness to make Igna Phoenix kill herself with righteous fire.
Using viper strike to kill bosses(such as piety) with ES.

The QQ about Alpha's Howl makes no sense. It was an obvious exploit that needed to be fixed.
IGN: ThrobbinRobin
Last edited by Sodomee on Aug 13, 2013, 4:42:25 AM
"
Problematique wrote:
"
Kusqt wrote:
You can take this patch as my resignation. Back to DotA 2.

Done recommending this game to mates. Sorry for throwing a temper tantrum.

drama drama

I'll think of something productive to say, but until then I'll say this.

If cov and alpha gets fixed this patch I'm a kaom's user, I have a LACK OF sockets, I can't run blood magic gem for my wrath/grace/anger. Without taking 5 points out of my build and placing them elsewhere, I also won't be able to go hatred/determ/purity and haste/vitality.

You might be saying oh great you can't aura stack big scrub! But the only thing that keeps a life based player ALIVE at the very top level of play is the aura stacking.

I recommend reverting the IR changes and life changes to give life builds a fighting chance vs CI, honestly, and without me whining like a bitch, this change KILLS, KILLS, KILLS, KILLS. KILLS life builds at the VERY HIGHEST LEVEL OF PLAY.
IGN HC: KusqtThrowback, Shop http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/299961
IGN Tempest: KusHuntinWabbits, Shop https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1316479
I do cross league trade mediation.
I have 0 respect for players who chicken script.
you are the best developing programers I have ever seen in a game (I am a programer my self so I really appreciate your work)
"
Severas wrote:
Argh, the Blood Magic reservation with Auras trick is going to be fixed? Which means most of us will lose 3 auras! :( I think using it is creative use of mechanics, and not a bug/exploit of the system.

no youll lose 1 aura, which will be replaced with a blood magic gem and youll use the other 2 at a horrid cost multi. Or you might even use all 3 and have to dip into another linkup, removing other skills you were using like curses.

Chris I beg you to make a blood aura gem with a little less harsh a multiplier so that people can still use a 4 link with 3 auras and 1 red gem to cast off life. Make it cost more than it would with a cov, ok, but make it a workable cost, bm gem alone with no reduced mana is too harsh. Make it not stack with reduced mana if u want. Alternatively change blood magic gems quality to be reduced mana reserved.

I have builds that cast auras off life, I have builds that dont, I have builds that do it and already use a bm gem + reduced mana cause its only grace so who cares, easier than messing around + trivial cost. Its life based weapon users who this hurts, compared to life based spell casters and ci builds they are already a disadvantaged group. This is one of the last things that gives any plus points to using a health build over ci or a weapon build over spells.

One things for sure, were going to have to find a new home for our enduring cry gems. I prey mercy is shown and thats the only squeeze we will see on our already limited socket space for skills. I dont want to see people being pushed into using less and less active skills/supports on anything but their main spam.

"
Kusqt wrote:
"
Problematique wrote:
"
Kusqt wrote:
You can take this patch as my resignation. Back to DotA 2.

Done recommending this game to mates. Sorry for throwing a temper tantrum.

drama drama

I'll think of something productive to say, but until then I'll say this.

If cov and alpha gets fixed this patch I'm a kaom's user, I have a LACK OF sockets, I can't run blood magic gem for my wrath/grace/anger. Without taking 5 points out of my build and placing them elsewhere, I also won't be able to go hatred/determ/purity and haste/vitality.

You might be saying oh great you can't aura stack big scrub! But the only thing that keeps a life based player ALIVE at the very top level of play is the aura stacking.

I recommend reverting the IR changes and life changes to give life builds a fighting chance vs CI, honestly, and without me whining like a bitch, this change KILLS, KILLS, KILLS, KILLS. KILLS life builds at the VERY HIGHEST LEVEL OF PLAY.

Start playing in parties where you do not cast all auras that you need. If it is still an issue, then people should get q20 auras.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
"
deathmongoose wrote:
That last point. It's an abuse? Makes me sad.

Good patch though!

I dunno if anyone has answered this.

When Chris uses the word 'abuse' he uses it literally but not necessarily negatively or accusingly.

Improper use
Misuse.
Not using as intended.

This is a beta, we are encouraged to push build limits, we are encouraged to find bugs and unintended or imbalanced mechanics, we are also encouraged to use skills to our best advantage, sometimes unintended but sometimes intended use. Chris uses the word abuse when he talks about solo benefit of auras, to paraphrase 'the quality bonus on auras is range because auras can be abused solo enough'.

When you see Chris use the word abuse, he can be anything from accusing to complimenting.

This needed fixed, as do the other aura abuses, even though I need to find me a shit ton of int now -_-. (As I presume this also covers the low level gem abuse).

"
sidtherat wrote:
"
Fall3nLEg3nds wrote:

Apparently you don't play Ranger or Bow builds that actually use the Alphas Howl since its considered best in slot. But to avoid argument, yes it did have other non-itended usage but for bow builds alphas is the helm and required no switching.

it seems that i do play ranger (lvl 79 at this time, thank you) and consider this

to be much better for me.

if not for that exploit youd be probably the only one using this helm as (due to lack of life) it is a very risky choice for non-CI characters. in the future please avoid assessing my game experience as you clearly are not good at that

lvl 90 ranger, and I fully agree. Starkonja's ftw.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Aug 13, 2013, 4:40:38 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info