[OSX] Unofficial Path of Exile port - 30/12/2018 status update

"
PoptartOnRye wrote:
i'm downloading the new beta version now, thanks julus!

am i the only person having trouble with Dark Forest? it's booting me to the login screen every time i try to enter. i just did a full harddrive wipe and upgraded to os 10.8 and it's having the same problem. the poe install is fresh too, by the way.

Well if you have issues with Dark forest, it can be only fixed by adding -gc 2 to exe flags (or -gc 1). This occurs on windows too, so I cant fix that. -gc also significantly increase loading times, so I don't want to use it by default.
Julus quick question.. I want to try out the new wrapper you have (thank you by the way) how do i go about doing it? i saw someone said i have to copy the path of exile folder front he "C_drive" i did that i have a new folder ready to go on my desktop screen to save your new beta wrapper too... what do i do from there?
"
Fabio89 wrote:

No no lol I wasn't saying that at all trust me I am.just comparing it to my brothers performance.. yes he runs on a pc but I mean macs don't get a 10$ graphics chip let's be honest D3 our gameplay visuals are very similar this is a night and day difference.though I see lines on the stone in town act 1 that aren't. Normally there I have invisible apes constructs etc...

You can always take a screen shot, upload it somewhere and link us to it if you think there is something out of the ordinary.

julus, i'll try gc -2, as gc -1 wasn't helping. and it gives me an "unexpected disconnect" error in the bottom left, for the person who was asking. I'll check the log too.
"
Fabio89 wrote:
No no lol I wasn't saying that at all trust me I am.just comparing it to my brothers performance.. yes he runs on a pc but I mean macs don't get a 10$ graphics chip let's be honest D3 our gameplay visuals are very similar this is a night and day difference.though I see lines on the stone in town act 1 that aren't. Normally there I have invisible apes constructs etc...

My apologies then, I didn't mean to imply anything. It's just that I have seen it before here people saying that PoE has awful graphics that aren't 2012 and so on.

Playing with Wine won't easily give you the same performance or looks as Windows, sadly. But it can spare you the nuisance of bootcamping.

And Diablo 3 is Mac native, hence the difference. Blizzard is always so considerate towards us Mac users...
that is true i forgot i wasn't running any 3rd party programs for D3.. the graphics aren't as much important to me as the gameplay is.. the lag in every zone is where i see the graphics "gameplay" come together as annoying not having either or work smoothly.. some times i really don't lag and some areas like the dark forest i run as fast as i can without fighting too much cause i know i will lag die anyway.. hopefully this stuff can get worked on by one of our fellow gamers so others like us mac users can enjoy the game as smoothly as possible.. now i just need to learn how to use this new beta wrapper
Some quick thoughts about the 3.5 beta wrapper.

- starts alright no problems
- I have the same issue that I have with AMDSpeedHack engines, the mouse disappears every time I click
- random flickering to desktop and back to game

On the plus side, the game seemed to run faster, especially with higher resolution.

I'll keep on investigating...
ok i get what you guys are saying i found the content.ggpk file in the contents... i see in the new one it doesn't exist yet *** obviously... but i cannot paste the file into that folder in the new one.. cannot drag it cannot cmd + v it at all... any suggestions?
Last edited by Fabio89 on Dec 10, 2012, 2:39:20 PM
"
Fabio89 wrote:
hey krif how did you get to play the new beta wrapper without re installing the game?

Install the beta wrapper in a different folder than the 3.1 wrapper. Then copy Content.ggpk from your current wrapper to the new one. You can find this file

1) Right-click Path of exile.app and Show Package Contents
2) Then go drive_c -> Program Files -> Grinding Gear Games -> Path of Exile
3) Cmd+c to copy and cmd+v to paste the file

I hope this is clear enough.

EDIT If you drag it, it may just create an alias. RIght-click Content.ggpk and select Copy then go to the new wrapper and right-click then Paste item.
Last edited by krifFinn on Dec 10, 2012, 2:42:49 PM
i got it... my dumb #$# forgot to unpack the new one lol ... so i do i just straight up trash and empty trash with the old version of the game i was just running? i don't know anything about computers macs games coding like that at all but I'm just going to make a big assumption here that the file just copied was the whole installing process we did the first time with this current patch we are in.. so just get rid of it ?
NO DO NOT remove the old wrapper or replace it. Keep it in case you have problems with the new one.

Move the new wrapper from the disk image to a different folder than where your current wrapper is. Then do the Content file copying.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info