[OSX] Unofficial Path of Exile port - 30/12/2018 status update

"
Fabio89 wrote:
Am I supposed to be using that quartz program ? My graphics are horrible says im using direct3D HAL

Not necessarily.

Could you please provide more information, like what resolution you are using, what graphics settings you are using?

Or do you mean part of the screen is blurry? This is a known issue too.

Post a screenshot too of the game, if you can. Same size as you play with.
"
Fabio89 wrote:
Am I supposed to be using that quartz program ? My graphics are horrible says im using direct3D HAL

It says that for me too... :/
Julius's path of exile wine bundle for mac here: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/48708/page/1
After the lastest patch, I can't enter the Dark Forest without getting booted to the login screen. Is that a known issue?
"
krifFinn wrote:
"
Fabio89 wrote:

Not necessarily.

Could you please provide more information, like what resolution you are using, what graphics settings you are using?

Or do you mean part of the screen is blurry? This is a known issue too.

Post a screenshot too of the game, if you can. Same size as you play with.

I don't know how to take and post screen shots but this is what I can Give you straight from the game right now
Display rez Fullscreen
Resolution 1024x768
Vsync checked
Shadow type variance shadow mapping
Antialiasing quality off
Tex quality medium
Tex filtering 2x
Post processing checked
Screen shake checked

I don't really mean blurry all though the txt of people typing does look blurred a bit
I mean the graphics just don't look too great at all besides the invis apes.. I lag a lot my guy just looks slow too
So...should I just completely give up hope, or what?
"
Fabio89 wrote:
I don't know how to take and post screen shots but this is what I can Give you straight from the game right now
Display rez Fullscreen
Resolution 1024x768
Vsync checked
Shadow type variance shadow mapping
Antialiasing quality off
Tex quality medium
Tex filtering 2x
Post processing checked
Screen shake checked

I don't really mean blurry all though the txt of people typing does look blurred a bit
I mean the graphics just don't look too great at all besides the invis apes.. I lag a lot my guy just looks slow too

You can improve performance by changing those settings a bit. Turn off shadows, set Texture filtering to Trilinear and turn off Post-processing. Shadows especially can eat up your performance.

If you wish to set everything to max perhaps you need to upgrade your computer or play in Windows with Bootcamp.

I think what you are describing is not really an issue with the graphics. What you see is really how the game looks. Some people like the art style and others despise it. This is what GGG aimed for - they wanted a game that looks gritty, realistic and non-cartoony.

I can understand if you don't like the graphics. But there is so much more to this game, the looks aren't everything ;)
"
DangerMau5 wrote:
So...should I just completely give up hope, or what?

What is your issue at the moment, are you still experiencing the D3ERR_invalidcall and freezing?
Ok using the WS8Wine1.5.1NoXInput2 solved my graphical issues without the invite to party crash bug. If anyone else wants to try this one (should the other version not work for them the someone else posted)

Oh also my loading times sped up a bit with this engine.
Julius's path of exile wine bundle for mac here: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/48708/page/1
Last edited by Faerie_Storm on Dec 10, 2012, 5:16:18 AM
hy guys i just downloaded the installer i also disabled the gatekeeper, i double clicked it but nothing happens. anybody can help me? thanks. I'm using mac os x 10.8.2 btw.
Last edited by johnmayor on Dec 10, 2012, 5:52:12 AM
"
johnmayor wrote:
hy guys i just downloaded the installer i also disabled the gatekeeper, i double clicked it but nothing happens. anybody can help me? thanks. I'm using mac os x 10.8.2 btw.

you need to follow juilius's instructions for disabling gatekeeper for 10.8.2

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info