[OSX] Unofficial Path of Exile port - 30/12/2018 status update

Anyone know how to get the game to recognize my.actual graphics card the quality of.gameplay and graphics is kind of ... Not modern looking lol
"
Faerie_Storm wrote:
"
thepadowan wrote:
"
Faerie_Storm wrote:
what OS version are you using?

EDIT:
On another note, I have a tendency to get random freezes using this wrapper. Has anyone else experienced this?

Also not sure if it is the wrapper or not but I cannot link items in chat (Ctrl + Alt + Click doesn't work)

EDIT 2:
Ok the wrapper was working fine, I crashed and now I can't restart it. I get the "cannot create audio buffer" error. It was just working and it suddenly stopped... I have never gotten that error from this wrapper before. Not sure why it suddenly started... I wonder if is is data corruption?

It's Mac OS X Version 10.7.5. Sorry if the screenshots I posted last time were too blurry, here are better screenshots and btw I haven't fixed the problem yet because I have no idea as to what I should do. Please help :(

Here's the first thing that shows up:

After a few clicks this shows up:

well first off:

-Go download and install xQuartz
-right click on the .app and select the option "show package contents"
-double click on wineskin inside that application bundle.
-click the "advanced" button
-go to the "tools" tab
-check the option "force use of installed xQuartz instead of default wine"
-close wineskin (app package folder too)
-launch the game.

^
hopefully the above will fix the issue, I had to do the same on 10.7.5 to get it to run, although now I'm having a different issue :/

"
Fabio89 wrote:
I finally got the game to work then I had to log out and in cause I got.booted for trying to hdmi my mac.to my tv now.it opens in too small of a screen command and enter don't work any suggestions

search your mac for production_config.ini and manually set the size to 750 x 1024. Hopefully you will only have to do this once :)

Since xquartz's already pre-installed i only needed to do a few clicks and then i was able to do what you asked me to do. One correction though, the "force use of installed xQuartz instead of default wine" is in the option's tab.

I thought it was gonna work and my hopes were up but then i still got the same error :/
"
thepadowan wrote:

Since xquartz's already pre-installed i only needed to do a few clicks and then i was able to do what you asked me to do. One correction though, the "force use of installed xQuartz instead of default wine" is in the option's tab.
Spoiler

I thought it was gonna work and my hopes were up but then i still got the same error :/

Looks more like corrupted wrapper to me. (or custom wrapper with missing Direct3D installation)
Last edited by julus on Dec 9, 2012, 10:25:29 AM
Julus do you have any suggestions for the graphics saying that I'm using direct3D HAL?
I have the invisible ape thing going the graphics look.mediocre
"
Fabio89 wrote:
Julus do you have any suggestions for the graphics saying that I'm using direct3D HAL?
I have the invisible ape thing going the graphics look.mediocre

I also have invisible apes, invisible vaal constructs, invisible oversoul, and some curses don't show over the monsters heads when I cast them.
Julius's path of exile wine bundle for mac here: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/48708/page/1
Last edited by Faerie_Storm on Dec 9, 2012, 12:00:26 PM
"
Dark0mens wrote:
The invisible mobs and missing spell particles are due to the wine engine in this wrapper as someone previously pointed out. If you go back a few pages you will find how to download and use other wine engines to fix this. Many people are having great success with the 1.4.1 wine version.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/36608
FAQ made through many hours of enduring global chat in Normal

Am I supposed to be using that quartz program ? My graphics are horrible says im using direct3D HAL
"
Dark0mens wrote:
"
Dark0mens wrote:
The invisible mobs and missing spell particles are due to the wine engine in this wrapper as someone previously pointed out. If you go back a few pages you will find how to download and use other wine engines to fix this. Many people are having great success with the 1.4.1 wine version.

This version of the wrapper causes me to crash ever time I try to join a party.
Julius's path of exile wine bundle for mac here: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/48708/page/1
"
Faerie_Storm wrote:
"
Dark0mens wrote:
"
Dark0mens wrote:

This version of the wrapper causes me to crash ever time I try to join a party.

Well, have you tried other engines besides WS9WineCX11.2.0 (wrapper's default) and WS9Wine1.4.1? Never stop after a couple of engines, there are dozens you can try.
Yes I have, either I crash when trying to join a party, or it simple refuses to launch... right now the default in the wrapper is the most stable. I've tried like 6 or 7 different engines and haven't found one that works yet.
Last edited by Faerie_Storm on Dec 9, 2012, 2:32:32 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info