oops =)
ty bro, it works very very well here!

ty again =)
IGN: Joww
"
julus wrote:
"
Sparten890 wrote:
I just downloaded your wrapper and the game loaded just fine but when i try to fast travel to the prison, the game freezes and gives me an error message telling me it has encountered a serious error and needs to close. i tried this several times and it keeps repeating every time i try. this does not happen on V2 of the wrapper. Any solutions?

If the v2 wrapper works fine for you, then use it. It is almost impossible to make a wrapper which works for all configurations (but I am trying to do so :).

If you still want to use v3 wrapper, then I suggest to add "-gc 1" option to EXE flags, the crash may disappear but for cost of longer loading times:
1) Right click the wrapper->show contents
2) Run wineskin->Click Advanced
3) enter "-gc 1" without quotes into EXE flags field.

Also the crash should be gone with the 0.9.12 (hopefully)

If anyone interested, this look like fix:
Fixed a client crash that could occur whenever entities are deleted if they still had effects in the world.
As I already posted in old topic, the all reported crashes (according to the failing function address) are caused by D3DXDisassembleEffect function which seems to be highly related to be the the issue.

Thanks for the help again. i was able to get through the upper prison and beyond no problem. however, in act 2 when i tried to get into the chamber of sins the game freezes and quits. i tried both wrappers with your suggestion and it isn't working. Any possible way to bypass this issue?
@Sparten890

What Operating System are you running? 10.8 Mountain Lion is the latest, if you have an earlier version you could try an update.

Edit

Also check this out http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/29460/page/45. There is a post about a combo update for Snow Leopard if that is your system at the moment.
Last edited by krifFinn on Sep 4, 2012, 3:46:13 AM
I went to see if I could replicate the problems with aforementioned areas that are The Prison, post-Warden's Quarters and Chamber of Sins.

V3 wrapper is smooth as silk, no errors or issues to report.
"
krifFinn wrote:
I went to see if I could replicate the problems with aforementioned areas that are The Prison, post-Warden's Quarters and Chamber of Sins.

thanks for responding. first off, yes my mac runs on 10.6.8 version and i already have all the updates. secondly i disagree with you that v3 runs perfectly because compared to v2, it actually runs worse for me in my opinion because it would freeze every time i try to enter the chamber of sins in act 2, even when i input the -gc 1 in the exe flag field of the wrapper that julus suggested to me the other day. In my opinion, V2 runs better for me but even as i was able to get past the the prison, it now freezes on v2 when i try to enter the chamber of sins or simply wonder the riverside area for a certain amount of time. How will reinstalling the combo update help? thanks. :)
"
Sparten890 wrote:
"
krifFinn wrote:

thanks for responding. first off, yes my mac runs on 10.6.8 version and i already have all the updates. secondly i disagree with you that v3 runs perfectly because compared to v2, it actually runs worse for me in my opinion because it would freeze every time i try to enter the chamber of sins in act 2, even when i input the -gc 1 in the exe flag field of the wrapper that julus suggested to me the other day. In my opinion, V2 runs better for me but even as i was able to get past the the prison, it now freezes on v2 when i try to enter the chamber of sins or simply wonder the riverside area for a certain amount of time. How will reinstalling the combo update help? thanks. :)

I didn't mean to say that v3 is the best for everyone. I was talking of my own experience and to give general feedback about v3 wrapper in Mountain Lion.

I totally agree that you should use the wrapper that works best for you, no argument there.

I'm sorry that I keep banging on about this but out of curiosity, is there a particular reason why you are running Snow Leopard? I'm NOT saying that there is something wrong with that but OS X has evolved much since SL's release.

Finally, doing the combo update will reinstall drivers and could very well improve stability and compatibility.
"
krifFinn wrote:
"
Sparten890 wrote:
"
krifFinn wrote:

I didn't mean to say that v3 is the best for everyone. I was talking of my own experience and to give general feedback about v3 wrapper in Mountain Lion.

I totally agree that you should use the wrapper that works best for you, no argument there.

I'm sorry that I keep banging on about this but out of curiosity, is there a particular reason why you are running Snow Leopard? I'm NOT saying that there is something wrong with that but OS X has evolved much since SL's release.

Finally, doing the combo update will reinstall drivers and could very well improve stability and compatibility.

The reason may be Rosetta, anyway, it's his choice...
With that combo update, it's true... It's like reinstalling windows, but all your applications and files will remain. You never know when something gets corrupted.

Let's recapitulate the versions and how are they made:

FKNKickass v2
Engine: WS 2.5.5 Wine 1.4
lot of unnecessary thing installed

Julus v2
Engine: WS 2.5.6 WineCX 11.2.0
basically same as FKNKickass but added -gc1 option by default, and few registry tweaks.

Julus v3
Engine: WS 2.5.6 WineCX 11.2.0
Completely remade, no additional software installed.

As you can see, we have 3 ports now, and each can behave differently on the systems.

And, as I mentioned before, 0.9.12 should have the crashes fixed.

Also, I am running on 10.8.1 too, and I still encounter glitches and crashes with all of those wrappers, but with v3 the problems are not so often.
Hello, and ty for the file and instructions for it. does it take long to load the login screen or is it just me
Last edited by grubberry on Sep 8, 2012, 6:18:36 AM
"
grubberry wrote:
Hello, and ty for the file and instructions for it. does it take long to load the login screen or is it just me

Yes, the initial loading may take a while (2-10minutes, depends on mood :)
works great! Thanks a lot for the good work and effort!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info