[OSX] Unofficial Path of Exile port - 30/12/2018 status update

"
Faerie_Storm wrote:
"
johnmayor wrote:
hy guys i just downloaded the installer i also disabled the gatekeeper, i double clicked it but nothing happens. anybody can help me? thanks. I'm using mac os x 10.8.2 btw.

you need to follow juilius's instructions for disabling gatekeeper for 10.8.2

Game wont start on the first page. - This bug tends to happen occasionally, rebooting osx is the safest method (or forcing to use system xquartz - but you will lose cmd+enter option on multi-monitor setups and you will get terminal always opened when starting)

As for the graphics - I am trying to get some of the latest version work, but this is taking time. I have literally first free day after two weeks. Hopefully I will manage to build some better version.
Yes, I am still having the same problem and I have taken all suggested steps thus far to correct it without avail. I was thinking about updating my os to mountain lion as a possible last ditch solution.
new testing version release.

As I have not much time for testing, I'll let you do the job :)

From my testing - no invisible monkeys, all graphic is rendered, no more crashed when changing resolution.
"
julus wrote:
new testing version release.

As I have not much time for testing, I'll let you do the job :)

From my testing - no invisible monkeys, all graphic is rendered, no more crashed when changing resolution.

I was going to suggest this - if you need testers for your "pre-release" wrappers, anything that can help, just let us know :)

I'll give this a try and report.
"
DangerMau5 wrote:
Yes, I am still having the same problem and I have taken all suggested steps thus far to correct it without avail. I was thinking about updating my os to mountain lion as a possible last ditch solution.

Of course you can upgrade your OS, but there is unfortunately no guarantee that it will help with this. It can even make things worse :/
i'm downloading the new beta version now, thanks julus!

am i the only person having trouble with Dark Forest? it's booting me to the login screen every time i try to enter. i just did a full harddrive wipe and upgraded to os 10.8 and it's having the same problem. the poe install is fresh too, by the way.
"
PoptartOnRye wrote:
i'm downloading the new beta version now, thanks julus!

am i the only person having trouble with Dark Forest? it's booting me to the login screen every time i try to enter. i just did a full harddrive wipe and upgraded to os 10.8 and it's having the same problem. the poe install is fresh too, by the way.

I'm pretty confident this is not an OS X issue, so no need for a hdd wipe. Those are for Windows ;)

Immediately after you get disconnected and thrown to the login screen, can you see a message on bottom left corner?

Or you can check Last Run Logs inside the wrapper after the disconnect and see there is more information.
So how does this work if we have PoE installed already? Do we need to delete the old install and then re-download the entire thing all over again? Just curious as to how to go about changing from the previous version to the new version on the Mac(of which I am a noob so be nice).
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/36608
FAQ made through many hours of enduring global chat in Normal

"
Dark0mens wrote:
So how does this work if we have PoE installed already? Do we need to delete the old install and then re-download the entire thing all over again? Just curious as to how to go about changing from the previous version to the new version on the Mac(of which I am a noob so be nice).

Install the beta wrapper in a different folder than the 3.1 wrapper. Then copy Content.ggpk from your current wrapper to the new one. You can find this file

1) Right-click Path of exile.app and Show Package Contents
2) Then go drive_c -> Program Files -> Grinding Gear Games -> Path of Exile
3) Cmd+c to copy and cmd+v to paste the file
"
krifFinn wrote:
"
Fabio89 wrote:
I don't know how to take and post screen shots but this is what I can Give you straight from the game right now
Display rez Fullscreen
Resolution 1024x768
Vsync checked
Shadow type variance shadow mapping
Antialiasing quality off
Tex quality medium
Tex filtering 2x
Post processing checked
Screen shake checked

I don't really mean blurry all though the txt of people typing does look blurred a bit
I mean the graphics just don't look too great at all besides the invis apes.. I lag a lot my guy just looks slow too

You can improve performance by changing those settings a bit. Turn off shadows, set Texture filtering to Trilinear and turn off Post-processing. Shadows especially can eat up your performance.

If you wish to set everything to max perhaps you need to upgrade your computer or play in Windows with Bootcamp.

I think what you are describing is not really an issue with the graphics. What you see is really how the game looks. Some people like the art style and others despise it. This is what GGG aimed for - they wanted a game that looks gritty, realistic and non-cartoony.

I can understand if you don't like the graphics. But there is so much more to this game, the looks aren't everything ;)

No no lol I wasn't saying that at all trust me I am.just comparing it to my brothers performance.. yes he runs on a pc but I mean macs don't get a 10$ graphics chip let's be honest D3 our gameplay visuals are very similar this is a night and day difference.though I see lines on the stone in town act 1 that aren't. Normally there I have invisible apes constructs etc...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info