[OSX] Unofficial Path of Exile port - 30/12/2018 status update

wooo totally lost now... tried to open the new game but all that opens is X11 and quartz... this is what i did step by step...
i downloaded the new one... unpacked it, went into my old game client show package contents copy and pasted the file i was told to into the same package contents folder that i got the old one out of... put the old game client path of exile into the trash so i didn't get the 2 mixed up and the new one only opens the 2 programs i mentioned ..
hi guys i want to ask what is the purpose of the XQuartz?
"
johnmayor wrote:
hi guys i want to ask what is the purpose of the XQuartz?

XQuartz is windows server (nothing to do with microsoft). It actually maintains windows. The Wineskin can use the integrated one (pretty icon, no terminal opened at launch, but may crash whole computer), or the system one (stable but ugly icon :). Wine code cannot use native osx cocoa window server yet, so this is only workaround.

"
PoptartOnRye wrote:
"
Fabio89 wrote:

No no lol I wasn't saying that at all trust me I am.just comparing it to my brothers performance.. yes he runs on a pc but I mean macs don't get a 10$ graphics chip let's be honest D3 our gameplay visuals are very similar this is a night and day difference.though I see lines on the stone in town act 1 that aren't. Normally there I have invisible apes constructs etc...

You can always take a screen shot, upload it somewhere and link us to it if you think there is something out of the ordinary.

julus, i'll try gc -2, as gc -1 wasn't helping. and it gives me an "unexpected disconnect" error in the bottom left, for the person who was asking. I'll check the log too.

Its -gc 1 and -gc 2, the minus is before letters, not before numbers ;) Also look take a look into this forum: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/43513/page/1

"
julus wrote:
"
thepadowan wrote:

Since xquartz's already pre-installed i only needed to do a few clicks and then i was able to do what you asked me to do. One correction though, the "force use of installed xQuartz instead of default wine" is in the option's tab.
Spoiler

I thought it was gonna work and my hopes were up but then i still got the same error :/

Looks more like corrupted wrapper to me. (or custom wrapper with missing Direct3D installation)

So, Julus, what do you suggest I do to fix this problem of mine?
Ok, after testing -gc 2 isn't allowing me to enter Dark Forest, and I was having the disappearing mouse bug as well.

I checked the log files, and the only error was:

Spoiler
err:winediag:shader_generate_glsl_declarations The hardware does not support enough uniform components to run this shader, it may not render correctly.

So I enabled glsl as described in the original post. That fixed the invisible mouse issue, but it still won't let me into Dark Forest.

This is all with the 3.5beta build.

edit: tried --nosound as well, still no fix. Oh well, I guess it's just a bug they're still trying to work out on the GGG side of it all.
Last edited by PoptartOnRye on Dec 11, 2012, 12:47:06 AM
"
thepadowan wrote:

XQuartz is not preinstalled on Mac. X11 is but that is a different X Windows Server. Also, if the wrapper might be corrupt you should download it again and copy your Path of Exile install into the new wrapper, as was described a few posts up.
"
PoptartOnRye wrote:
"
thepadowan wrote:

XQuartz is not preinstalled on Mac. X11 is but that is a different X Windows Server. Also, if the wrapper might be corrupt you should download it again and copy your Path of Exile install into the new wrapper, as was described a few posts up.

Oh. Since it's already very obvious that I am a noob in stuff like these would you mind educating me as to how i can "copy my POE, and install it in a new wrapper". Just for fun's sake, even if it's posted a few posts up. :)
Tried 3.5beta compared to stable 3.1.

Good:
All the graphic effects I tried are correct, didn't see any oddities.

Bad:
Huge FPS drop, from 60 => 30-40 with major frame drops in combat.

Ongoing Issues:
Long load times remain (on SSD).
Font issues remain.
IGN @dime
"
thepadowan wrote:
"
PoptartOnRye wrote:
"
thepadowan wrote:

Oh. Since it's already very obvious that I am a noob in stuff like these would you mind educating me as to how i can "copy my POE, and install it in a new wrapper". Just for fun's sake, even if it's posted a few posts up. :)

Sorry, but why would I do that? It's literally a page or two back, and fully described in clear detail.
Last edited by PoptartOnRye on Dec 11, 2012, 12:58:51 PM
"
PoptartOnRye wrote:
Ok, after testing -gc 2 isn't allowing me to enter Dark Forest, and I was having the disappearing mouse bug as well.

I checked the log files, and the only error was:

Spoiler
err:winediag:shader_generate_glsl_declarations The hardware does not support enough uniform components to run this shader, it may not render correctly.

So I enabled glsl as described in the original post. That fixed the invisible mouse issue, but it still won't let me into Dark Forest.

This is all with the 3.5beta build.

edit: tried --nosound as well, still no fix. Oh well, I guess it's just a bug they're still trying to work out on the GGG side of it all.

This isn't an "official" GGG mac port. This is a mac port made by a community member.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/36608
FAQ made through many hours of enduring global chat in Normal

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info