Patch 0.11.2 deployment success, Twitch Streaming and Extra Gore!

"
Promo1987 wrote:
I don't get some people flamin over respecs out of the LAST part of their tree build.
Is it that hard to put in some Regrets yourself? Cut the guys at GGG some slack will ya

why? it was as easy to give us a respec as not. They said that if you had nodes that were being moved you would get a respec, then they listed nodes that were being moved, then didnt give people a respec on characters that had those nodes.

Im sure their exact wording got around this in retrospect, but its still bullshit, like this is a competitive game were playing here between the devs and us where they actually get something out of pissing us off and wasting shitloads of our time? What is to be gained by not giving us a respec after a big tree change? Who benefits from that in a game in its testing phase? Why mislead people and then chuckle and say 'well you should have read the small print!'? Whos interest does that serve?

"
Galtrovan wrote:

Looks like someone got caught trying to get a free respec by putting nodes into that chaos res node... Who in their right mind gets IR and then puts a few more points into the tree to get 8% CHAOS RES??!!

"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
Im fundamentally against the idea of giving full respecs whenever people want, but in a game that is constantly changing where it takes so much of peoples time to try out a single build if you want people to actually try out a bunch of stuff and feel motivated to level new characters you have to give people respecs now and then. You want people to actually try different stuff out and not end up with literally 100s of hours invested in characters that they might as well delete now. What motivation do I have right now to level a new character after deleting one with 370 hours on the clock? What motivation do I have to spend possibly up to 3 weeks farming enough crap to get the regrets for a full respec?

Really...? Really?! If you have as many chars at that high of level and spent that many hours, then that would mean you have gear to EASILY lvl to 70 in 30 hours of game time.

And you were also the person who ended up with that type of skill tree after the patch... Once again I ask WHY ARE YOU PUTTING THAT MANY SKILL POINTS IN TO GET A CHAOS RES NODE THAT NO ONE GETS ANYWAY??!!

You have that many chars that high of levels and don't know how to make a good build? Shame on you for getting mad because you got caught trying to get a free respec too.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
Promo1987 wrote:
I don't get some people flamin over respecs out of the LAST part of their tree build.
Is it that hard to put in some Regrets yourself? Cut the guys at GGG some slack will ya

why? it was as easy to give us a respec as not. They said that if you had nodes that were being moved you would get a respec, then they listed nodes that were being moved, then didnt give people a respec on characters that had those nodes.

Im sure their exact wording got around this in retrospect, but its still bullshit, like this is a competitive game were playing here between the devs and us where they actually get something out of pissing us off and wasting shitloads of our time? What is to be gained by not giving us a respec after a big tree change? Who benefits from that in a game in its testing phase? Why mislead people and then chuckle and say 'well you should have read the small print!'? Whos interest does that serve?

Seriously get off your high horse... I'll give you 3 regrets for whatever league you're in.

Edit: actually i'll give you 4 because I know you didn't actually want that chaos res node.

Edit2: Btw show your full tree.. it will give us all a great explanation of why you don't get a free respec.
Last edited by NeOZealouS on Jul 16, 2013, 9:04:08 AM
"
NeOZealouS wrote:
Looks like someone got caught trying to get a free respec by putting nodes into that chaos res node... Who in their right mind gets IR and then puts a few more points into the tree to get 8% CHAOS RES??!!

That's besides the point, it's the principle of the matter, another day and another redesign and it can be a much larger issue.

If they had refunded the 3 points to get to the chaos node there would be no grounds for complaint, no matter your reasonings to get it in the first place.
In game contact @MajorAsshole

Challenge T-Shirt: 4/6 | Full Challenge Totems: 21/27
"
Redblade wrote:
"
NeOZealouS wrote:

That's besides the point, it's the principle of the matter, another day and another redesign and it can be a much larger issue.

If they had refunded the 3 points to get to the chaos node there would be no grounds for complaint, no matter your reasonings to get it in the first place.

Like I said to the other guy... Sorry, but you don't DESERVE a full respec. Quit being a cheapo. You shoulda went further into the tree. I'll give you 4 regrets for FREE.
"
NeOZealouS wrote:
"
Redblade wrote:
"
NeOZealouS wrote:

Like I said to the other guy... Sorry, but you don't DESERVE a full respec. Quit being a cheapo. You shoulda went further into the tree. I'll give you 4 regrets for FREE.

Don't need your free regrets nor do I want them, I want GGG to own up to their poor decision and change their policy to refund dead pathway nodes when doing a redesign like this.
In game contact @MajorAsshole

Challenge T-Shirt: 4/6 | Full Challenge Totems: 21/27
"
Galtrovan wrote:
"
Redblade wrote:
Valid sure...making sense? Not in a million years.

OK. I have a Duelist and knowing my build and seeing this picture, I can guarantee that when I log in I am going to have the same problem in this area of the tree. Prior to your shifting the tree around, those now extraneous Dex nodes were required for Iron Reflexes and/or the 8% Chaos Resist node. No one in their right mind would take those Dex Nodes now unless wanting Point Blank, and even with that no one would have taken that very last Dex Node. Seriously, anyone with a build in this area of the tree should have been given a free respec.

Funny, because I just checked my 79 Duelist who has Iron Reflexes and his tree looks nothing like that.

I smell something fishy on your end.
Last edited by Zoen on Jul 16, 2013, 9:14:12 AM
well lets sing the mimimimimiiii song and whine like pros... we are in beta and beta means beta ;)
They had absolutely clearly stated that the character will receive a free respec only in case his new build has discontinuities.

Your new build does not have discontinuities. So, you get no respec. To put it simple - nice try to speculate on free respec but the plan backfired and the regrets is the price.

In my opinion, this solution GGG put in place was the best in regards of fair play concerning the keystone allocation challenge. Which is probably the reason behind you speculating on that chaos resist node.
chris would love to come and meet you guys in melbourne :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info