[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

Your damage won't change much from the passive tree/level/attributes raziekeljr. The only thing that really matters is the physical damage from your items and gems. Every point of physical damage is multiplied 10 times just by the facebreakers alone(not to mention the attack speed, hatered, support gems etc.). I mean you need 2500 (!!!) strenght to get only half of the bonus damage from the Facebreakers.
I'd advice you to switch the added fire damage with multistrike.
I wish you good luck and i hope that i've been able to help.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Dear Korgoth,
I want to thank you for this awesome Build i played alot builds (6 Chars over lvl 60+) but this Spec Holy Cow i rape Maps everything explodes and when i get some reflect and harder Maps no problem i take Dominating Blow and bring my Army in.

About 1 Week ago i self found a pair of Facebreaker

I was WTF this must be a sign so screw it this my new Mainchar and all my currency goes in this Char.

At the moment i try to include more IIQ/IIR it is not that easy i bought yesterday a new ring damn that was expensive (maybe too expensive?) but it was a really nice ring.

So you like my new ring? :)

The next Step is buy Melee Splash Q20, new Amulet and another new ring.
I dont like that much my other Ring and Amulet but i will see what i can improve ..

So your guide is flawless everything is so nice written and maybe i will try next week you new Flicker Strike Build..

with kind regards ..
Last edited by ultron1337 on Aug 24, 2013, 4:22:30 AM
Thanks for the kind words ultron1337 I'm really glad that my guide helped you :)
The Behemoth Loop is really great. Might i ask how much did you spend for it?
The other ring and the amulet are not.. bad... but they really can be alot better.

P.S. 1000% Facebreakers - that really is a sign!
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
I am jealous of the prismatic rings and onyx amulets in standard league. They seem to be able to get crazy rolls :D

Oh also, the RNG gods shined on me and I chanced this puppy a couple of days ago.

Last edited by runnin17 on Aug 24, 2013, 9:52:39 PM
Really liking the build and have made this my main.. my question is how are you running the 4 auras? Its probably more a general POE question but what % mana reduction do you need or is one of them being linked to blood magic and I missed it.

Currently have the 2 mana reduction nodes and a Q16 level 16 reduced mana.
"
cr8 wrote:
Really liking the build and have made this my main.. my question is how are you running the 4 auras? Its probably more a general POE question but what % mana reduction do you need or is one of them being linked to blood magic and I missed it.

Currently have the 2 mana reduction nodes and a Q16 level 16 reduced mana.

You need to have reduced mana at level 20 ( i think that level 19 is enough too ) and the 2 nodes ( wich you already have )

The quality on the reduced mana support gem doesn't work with auras only with skills. I know that it sounds crazy and impossible but thats the ugly truth. You can test it - just link an aura to non-quality and to quality gem at the same level and you'll see that there is no difference.

Nice runnin17... i've actualy never chanced a unique... not that i've tried hard enough..

P.S Oh the wiki has the info about the reduced mana too:
Spoiler
"Each percentage of quality adds +0.5% reduced Mana Cost.
Note that unlike the gem's mana cost multiplier, the quality bonus does not apply to mana reservation, such as found on Auras. The quality effect is the same as "Reduced Mana Cost" passives in the skill tree."
Last edited by KorgothBG on Aug 25, 2013, 3:48:41 AM
"
KorgothBG wrote:
Thanks for the kind words ultron1337 I'm really glad that my guide helped you :)
The Behemoth Loop is really great. Might i ask how much did you spend for it?
The other ring and the amulet are not.. bad... but they really can be alot better.

P.S. 1000% Facebreakers - that really is a sign!

I bought the Ring for 5 Ex..
"
You need to have reduced mana at level 20 ( i think that level 19 is enough too ) and the 2 nodes ( wich you already have )

The quality on the reduced mana support gem doesn't work with auras only with skills. I know that it sounds crazy and impossible but thats the ugly truth. You can test it - just link an aura to non-quality and to quality gem at the same level and you'll see that there is no difference.

Cheers for reply. I didnt realise the quality from reduced mana didnt work on auras, luckily I found it and didnt spend currency. will just roll with 3 until then
"
ultron1337 wrote:

I bought the Ring for 5 Ex..

Oh...5 Ex...
This was 1 Exalted Orb:
Hey, Korgoth.

Now that I've replaced my 800% facebreakers that have been sitting in my stash for a coupole of months with a 960% pair, I decided to look around for a FB build and settled on this one (great guide, by the way). I do have one question, though.

I'm a piss poor theory crafter so maybe I'm just missing it, but why is Lioneye's Remorse considered a must have for this build? It's got good armor and life, but apart from that I'm not getting why it would be vital to the build. Is it to make up the armor lost due to BoR and not having a chest piece?

Sorry if the answer is painfully obvious. I'm just not at all good at seeing in a guide how everything works out in game.

Anyway, having just started this build (only level 16 at the moment), I'm using

and it seems to be working out fairly well so far.

-EDIT- I think I may have answered my own question. derp
Last edited by Thaelyn on Aug 26, 2013, 1:04:45 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info