[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

Which bandits did you help?
"
brute34 wrote:
Which bandits did you help?

Thanks for the question! Check the Q&A part i've added your question and my answer there.

P.S. I've actually added a "Bandits" part in the main article so you can check it out there too.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
When do you think you will be able to provide a video?
IGN Essence: Shootyah
Last edited by Calden on Jul 2, 2013, 10:18:51 PM
I can't make a video with my PC... so really i have no idea.. maybe never..
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
"
Q.6 Why do we need "only 1%" life leech?
A. Life leech is caped at 20% of your maximum life. So if you have 1000 life you can't leech more than 200 life per second. The facebreaker build delivers alot of physical damage and 1% is all you need to hit that cap.



Your statement makes it sound like having more life leech is pointless, but that's not the case, having more life leech will increase the duration of your leech.

Say you have 1000 life and deal 20000 damage with a hit with 1% life leech. You will leech back 200 health over one second.

Now say you have 1000 life and deal 20000 damage with a hit with 8% life leech. You will leech back 1600 life over eight seconds.

Quite a large difference in terms of survivability.
"
Completed 29 ChallengesDrakqt wrote:
"
Q.6 Why do we need "only 1%" life leech?
A. Life leech is caped at 20% of your maximum life. So if you have 1000 life you can't leech more than 200 life per second. The facebreaker build delivers alot of physical damage and 1% is all you need to hit that cap.



Your statement makes it sound like having more life leech is pointless, but that's not the case, having more life leech will increase the duration of your leech.

Say you have 1000 life and deal 20000 damage with a hit with 1% life leech. You will leech back 200 health over one second.

Now say you have 1000 life and deal 20000 damage with a hit with 8% life leech. You will leech back 1600 life over eight seconds.

Quite a large difference in terms of survivability.

Yes that would be the case if you hit once every 8 seconds since every new hit "refreshes" the life gain from life leech and you can never regenerate more than 20% of your max life per second. Lets take your example Lets say you have 1000 life and deal 20000 damage and you have 1% lfe leech. Then you'll leech 200 life over one second and if you have 8% you'll leech 200 life every second for 8 seconds. But now lets say that you hit once every second in that case you wont leech additional 400 life for the 2nd second 600 life for the third etc. etc.
So having more life leech will allow you to gain life without hitting enemies but really who does that?
So lets sum up all that.
If you have 1000 life and deal 20000 damage per hit and have 1% life leech and hit every second then you'll leech 200 life (capped) every second and as long as you hit enemies you can leech capped amount of life forever.

P.S. Note that this build doesn't use Vaal Pact! Vaal Pact allows you to make use of higher % life leech !
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Jul 3, 2013, 1:51:16 PM
"
Completed 10 ChallengesKorgothBG wrote:
"
Completed 29 ChallengesDrakqt wrote:
"
Q.6 Why do we need "only 1%" life leech?
A. Life leech is caped at 20% of your maximum life. So if you have 1000 life you can't leech more than 200 life per second. The facebreaker build delivers alot of physical damage and 1% is all you need to hit that cap.



Your statement makes it sound like having more life leech is pointless, but that's not the case, having more life leech will increase the duration of your leech.

Say you have 1000 life and deal 20000 damage with a hit with 1% life leech. You will leech back 200 health over one second.

Now say you have 1000 life and deal 20000 damage with a hit with 8% life leech. You will leech back 1600 life over eight seconds.

Quite a large difference in terms of survivability.

Yes that would be the case if you hit once every 8 seconds since every new hit "refreshes" the life gain from life leech and you can never regenerate more than 20% of your max life per second. Lets take your example Lets say you have 1000 life and deal 20000 damage and you have 1% lfe leech. Then you'll leech 200 life over one second and if you have 8% you'll leech 200 life every second for 8 seconds. But now lets say that you hit once every second in that case you wont leech additional 400 life for the 2nd second 600 life for the third etc. etc.
So having more life leech will allow you to gain life without hitting enemies but really who does that?
So lets sum up all that.
If you have 1000 life and deal 20000 damage per hit and have 1% life leech and hit every second then you'll leech 200 life (capped) every second and as long as you hit enemies you can leech capped amount of life forever.


If you're hitting monsters constantly. Sometimes you're not able to do that, and having a longer life leech helps regenerate in between periods where you're able to attack. Sometimes you end fights low on life and could use that extra leech time to help regenerate before hitting the next pack. Having more life leech is never worthless, you can't just say "well, the best case scenario makes X irrelevant" and then assume you'll always be in the best case scenario.
"
Completed 29 ChallengesDrakqt wrote:
If you're hitting monsters constantly. Sometimes you're not able to do that, and having a longer life leech helps regenerate in between periods where you're able to attack. Sometimes you end fights low on life and could use that extra leech time to help regenerate before hitting the next pack. Having more life leech is never worthless, you can't just say "well, the best case scenario makes X irrelevant" and then assume you'll always be in the best case scenario.


Well getting out of fights on low life just desn't happen to me... never.. for this build is 0% of the cases so i'm not talking about "best case scenario" i'm talking about every case scenario. The high life regeneration (344 life per seond) combined with the capped life leech while you hit(in maps you really have no time to rest and you hit things pretty much constantly) combined with the almost capped block chance(71%/75%) combined with maxed resists(80%) combined with enough armour combined with large enough life pool comined with instant recovery life flasks if needed( rarely use these) is more than enough to keep you alive basicly forever and no matter what's up against you.
I'm not saying that more life leech is not good . I'm saying that more life leech makes zero impact to this build. You are welcome to test it out i already did.

P.S. I don't do "theoryraft" here and i most certainly never "assume" things. I've tested everything that i claim in this thread. It would be very disrespectful to all of you fellow Path of Exile players if i give you untested/false information and i have absolutly no reason to do so.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Jul 3, 2013, 2:33:41 PM
hey tried this build. its pretty good cept i used carnage heart for the extra 10% life leach and i'm not dying to ele reflect mobs.
You usualy die to reflect mobs only they are 15+ and you explode them all at the same time with infernal blow. I won't recomend the caranage heart due to its alful -25% life mod + the fact that it has no physical damage(that actualy helps vs reflects - less damage = less reflected damage). As for the life leech read my previous posts.

P.S. ill post damage value without my 13-25 physical damage amulet

P.S.S. I usualy use Dominating Blow and not Infernal Blow. With it you will have 0% from elemental reflecting mobs.. well some because of the hatred... but it's close to nothing
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Jul 15, 2013, 5:13:03 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info