[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

So my idea is to try this build with the soul taker axe there are so many advantage over the Facebreakers
+you can wear Gloves (life,Res,+dmg etc.)
+an extra free Gem Slot in BoR for Blood Magic
+you can have movement spells like leap slam or Flicker Strike
+3 more Sockets from Soul Taker
+maybe one more aura through more int from gloves for example Tempest Shield (?)

anybody tried this and can confirm my idea ?

Well i can comment on the "+" and put some "-" and help you to decide ;)
"you can wear Gloves (life,Res,+dmg etc.)"
A nice "+" indeed
"an extra free Gem Slot in BoR for Blood Magic"
A Life gain on Hit or Added Fire Damage would be my choice.
"you can have movement spells like leap slam or Flicker Strike "
well... you can leap slam around...but you don't really need movement skills in PoE(personal opinion)... but the flicker strike is not a good movement skill if you ask me... as for a main attack skill it is good only with crits and crit with Soul Taker is a big "NO"
"3 more Sockets from Soul Taker"
I don't really see how this is a good "+"
"maybe one more aura through more int from gloves for example Tempest Shield"
If you plan on using the 4 auras in this build you'll reserve ~98-99% of your mana so there is no place for another aura (especially Tempest Shield wich reserves 25% of your mana)

And now for "-"
-less damage unless you spend skill points into damage nodes and if you do that you'll have to sacrifice life and the gloves won't compensate for that
-Insane price .. i mean come on 30+ exalts(!!!) really?

And some more "+"
+you can try some cool skills like double strike

If you have a Soul Taker try it out and post comments i'll be very happy to see if it works well :)

"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Sep 2, 2013, 10:25:15 AM
Facebreakers are OP as fuck. I am expecting an incoming nerf!!!

Play time 1 day 14hours !!!
http://i.imgur.com/2G23Xqa.jpg
Spoiler
Last edited by rathik5 on Sep 2, 2013, 10:45:42 AM
"
KorgothBG wrote:
Well i can comment on the "+" and put some "-" and help you to decide ;)
"you can wear Gloves (life,Res,+dmg etc.)"
A nice "+" indeed
"an extra free Gem Slot in BoR for Blood Magic"
A Life gain on Hit or Added Fire Damage would be my choice.
"you can have movement spells like leap slam or Flicker Strike "
well... you can leap slam around...but you don't really need movement skills in PoE(personal opinion)... but the flicker strike is not a good movement skill if you ask me... as for a main attack skill it is good only with crits and crit with Soul Taker is a big "NO"
"3 more Sockets from Soul Taker"
I don't really see how this is a good "+"
"maybe one more aura through more int from gloves for example Tempest Shield"
If you plan on using the 4 auras in this build you'll reserve ~98-99% of your mana so there is no place for another aura (especially Tempest Shield wich reserves 25% of your mana)

And now for "-"
-less damage unless you spend skill points into damage nodes and if you do that you'll have to sacrifice life and the gloves won't compensate for that
-Insane price .. i mean come on 30+ exalts(!!!) really?

And some more "+"
+you can try some cool skills like double strike

If you have a Soul Taker try it out and post comments i'll be very happy to see if it works well :)

I thought someone have a Soul Taker to test it am only at 12 ex currency so i need some time.
Flicker Strike is so strong for moving from pack to pack dont meant for dmg.
I hope i can substain my 18k dps with soul taker that is for me the importance part but we will see..
I think you over did it with the blocking skill points.

With lioneye remorse and your skill points you should total at 77% block which is 2 over cap.
Block cap is at 75%, anything else above that gets ignored.

The build bellow shows how to gain 10 dexterity and have 75% block.

Basically when going for templars health nodes, don't take the 2 nodes of 2% block, take the 10 dexterity instead.
Grab the 2% shield block which are located above the reduce mana reservation and resistance clusters.

EDIT
Spoiler
15 base block + 33 from shield + 27 from skill points = 75% (cap)
Base block = Bringer of Rain
Missed typed.

15 Bringer of Rain + 33 from shield + 27 from skill points = 75% (cap)

Your welcome :).
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]Non legacy Mjölner. Uber down. -thread/1474288
[2.0]Shatter Chuck Lite COC -thread/1324981
[2.0]SRS Magic Find Culler. Uber capable. /w budged build -thread/1406603
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
Last edited by Rathik2 on Sep 3, 2013, 7:23:57 AM
"
Rathik2 wrote:

With lioneye remorse and your skill points you should total at 77% block which is 2 over cap.

Basically when going for templars health nodes, don't take the 2 nodes of 2% block, take the 10 dexterity instead.
Grab the 2% shield block which are located above the reduce mana reservation and resistance clusters.

You are absolutely correct. I've been with a little less than 75% and i've missed that somewhere along the way. Thank you :)
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Sep 3, 2013, 4:31:26 AM
Your welcome.

Its a great build. Very tanky with high DPS.
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
"
Rathik2 wrote:

Are you sure for the "15% base block"? I always thought it was only for dual wielding and not for shield.

Thank you KorgothBG, I took your build for Marauder. I'm 52, on Onslaught league, and I duo with a Templar Necro, it's so strong and resistant with your template ! Only one thing, you should advise to take a ring with "1% of Physical Attack Damage Leeched as Mana" when leveling. With a such ring, I don't have to take a "Mana Flows" node, for leveling.

PS : Sorry for my bad english, it's not my native language
Last edited by Zareva on Sep 3, 2013, 6:44:26 AM
"
Zareva wrote:

Are you sure for the "15% base block"? I always thought it was only for dual wielding and not for shield.

It's actualy 15% block from the Bringer of Rain (shields doesn't have base block) but in the end the numbers are correct

"
Zareva wrote:

Thank you KorgothBG, I took your build for Marauder. I'm 52, on Onslaught league, and I duo with a Templar Necro, it's so strong and resistant with your template ! Only one thing, you should advise to take a ring with "1% of Physical Attack Damage Leeched as Mana" when leveling. With a such ring, I don't have to take a "Mana Flows" node, for leveling.

PS : Sorry for my bad english, it's not my native language

Yes 1% mana leech helps while you are still using mana(i usualy use the Peregrine unique helmet) but i still take Mana Flows(bigger mana pool + mana regen affects the mana leech)
Last edited by KorgothBG on Sep 3, 2013, 7:00:08 AM
Sorry about that, I had something else in mind and instead of Bringer of Rain I typed Base block...
IGN Riokar | My guides

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info