[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

Thanks for the guide :)
I've been running this with a Thief's Torment ring, and the mana on hit has let me replace the blood magic gem (currently been using increase AOE radius) dunno how long I will last with this ring, but I've been able to solo merc so far. having fun with it.
"
r4nd0mn35s wrote:
Thanks for the guide :)
I've been running this with a Thief's Torment ring, and the mana on hit has let me replace the blood magic gem (currently been using increase AOE radius) dunno how long I will last with this ring, but I've been able to solo merc so far. having fun with it.

Well Thief's Torment is a nice ring for some time BUT you loose alot of potential life; damage and resists
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Ok so here is my issue with this I like dominating blow better then infernal but when I switch to dominating I need to waste 4 talents and get blood magic cause I need to put a life leach in the gem instead of just using a blood gem heres my gear any info on how I can not waste those points to get blood lust
Is Carnage Heart a good amulet to use here? The life loss looks like it could potentially be a pretty bad downside for this build.
I really don't see why do you need life leech gem when you are using dominating blow sgtmadman. I'm usualy with dominating blow and i have no problems with the blood magic gem. Sure the cost is a bit high and it can be dangerous (if you are not careful) in Physical reflect maps but it's not that bad and unbearable.
Other than that i must say that your rings(storm circle is not bad) and amulet(escpecialy) are just...terrible. I'm sorry but they are try to get better ones ASAP

I already had the "carange heart question" but i'll just answer again. Carnage Heart is terrible for this build. The 25% less life is very bad but even worse is the lack of physical damage on the amulet. That will cost you 5000 maybe more DPS. And for what? Some more life steal? As i've said 1% is all that you need here ;)
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Sep 5, 2013, 5:23:36 AM
Anybody got some rings and ammy'S for sale on america anarchy pm me plz
I want to thank you for your build, I didn't think that a melee was viable even in Onslaught. Right now, I'm level 70 and it works like a charm. To be more tanky with Enduring Cry and Immortal Call, I have spent some nodes in endurances charges and taken the endurance charge from bandits reward in merciless.

My current build (Marauder) :

My 107 points build :

My Gear :
Spoiler

I plan in near future to have a Lioneye's Remorse in place of Daresso's Courage.
Looks goot to me Zareva. :)
I took most of the major elements of this build and kept them- but really changed the direction of the end-game with the following intentions:

+ Never use Blood Magic for more DPS on IB
+ Capitalize on Mana for Aura's
+ Reduce Mana and Reservation points

Here's the alternate build I am playing now @ 76

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQBAdwB5wJxBLMFLQz3E1sUIBRNGlUb-iQlJd8n7TB1Nug64TwtR35M_03jT31QR1FgValV1lcNWK9Z814TYEthIWTnZU1mnm5pcH1wu3KpdO14DXq4eu982YBWgziE2YTviPGQVZe0mSuazJ7NoLSiAKQZplenMKluqZWrxaxZrKqsr6y6rpOvbLXytz69gb6KvqfAD8Aaw4bEuMT2xYrGrtIh0k3V-OHa4urnY-eR73zwH_JF9tr3vvuq_gr-jw==

Aside from the basics of the OP build, I've got the following perks:

1. -20% Mana Reserved
2. -20% Mana from Skills
3. More +Defense nodes (and one more +30 at 77)

So far it's been a great spec. I'm running without BoR (can't afford it yet) and I completely destroy Piety and most of the maps.
Infernal Blow with +Melee/Splash/MS is doing 10k damage, and only costs me 38 mana
I'm stacking 4 Aura's on mana (Purity, Hatred, Vitality, Determination) with 80 points to spare for IB. Coupled with 2% Life Leech from Skill, and the 2% Mana Leech from my ring- I don't ever swing for base damage, and I am constantly at about 95%+ Health.

What this should mean for my DPS (once I get Bringer) is an additional Added Fire, Melee on Full Life or Life on Hit gem for Bringer instead of Blood Magic- should be interesting.

Note- my build does sacrifice 2% armor and 2% Movement speed, but gains an additional 14% Life from the original build- while spending less "useless" points.

Gear
Spoiler
Last edited by Rules on Sep 9, 2013, 3:06:00 PM
well not using Blood Magic is a cool possiblity. But im not sure that you'll still be able to use mana when you have more gems linked to your infernal blow. Anyway i hope that you won't have a problem because it would be cool NOT to use Blood Magic. Personaly i don't like Blood Magic...
Last edited by KorgothBG on Sep 9, 2013, 2:24:45 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info