PC Gamer unveils Descent race events

"
Chameleon wrote:
I hope races are less about RNG this time around.

We need more fixed map, fixed spawn, fixed drop races...heck, even fixed class races. That would be a fairer race than the RNG crap-shoot we have now were one person faces a cross country run and another is on a 100 meter track.

I've watched a lot of streamers and when someone they hadn't heard of finished in the top 10-20 they all said they must have some great weapon(it is a pretty close knit community at the top). They all say anyone can win if one gets an amazing drop early on as the item has a greater impact than player skill.

The reason the same people win is because greater skill is what overcomes better item drops for another player. In reality mob density has the same or even more of an effect at times than your items.

The impact of greater skill on the outcome is far less the shorter a race is.

"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."
Sounds hot! Can't wait to play! Sorry new job, you may have just met your match!
"
jcmjx wrote:
"
Chameleon wrote:
I hope races are less about RNG this time around.

"
Chameleon wrote:
I've watched a lot of streamers and when someone they hadn't heard of finished in the top 10-20 they all said they must have some great weapon(it is a pretty close knit community at the top).

So on one hand you think there is too much RNG variation in races, and on the other hand you admit it's the high-skilled streamers that are consistently at the top regardless of RNG. You do see the flaw in your reasoning here, don't you? There isn't a huge impact if one random guy makes it every once in a while.

I see no flaw. I can think of a number of reasons why they are at the top that has nothing to do with skill per se.

Even in their skill bracket it is the RNG that determines who wins. Kripp has often said whoever gets a piece of good ele gear as a Templar is pretty much guaranteed a win.
Ascension tied to Lab is the worst thing GGG has done...apart from GGG's philosophy on Trading. Oh and Gambling Loot boxes. And selling out to tencent.

I used to love GGG. I supported to ensure GGG remained independent, now I just wish I could get my money back. -_-
Sounds like it's gonna be just a hoot!Can't wait!!!
Exactly why doesn't this dump to Standard? Who cares about overpowered items in Standard anyways?
Can't wait for this !!!! This kind of content is so refreshing.
This sounds fun if it was longer then 1h

The idea is simply amazing! :-)
This race type looks awesome! i'm gonna get me a better internet connection right now so i dont have to play the races in the middle of the night to avoid lag!
"

People seriously need to stop shitting on The Little Engine That Could. It's all just sour grapes now. Get. Over. It. Go play something else, because if you're not happy with PoE by now, you never will be. Not even if they 'fix' the desync, or 'balance the classes'. You will ALWAYS find something else to whinge about.

I don't mean this to be incendiary, since I don't really care about magnicon's post.

The statement about not being happy about PoE is total bullcrap though, particularly relating to something as major as desync fixes, as I know a few people who simply refuse to play the game because of it. You're free to believe what you want, but you don't get to arbitrarily decide what's acceptable for someone else or what would make that person happy.

There is absolutely no point in pulling potential (and going from evidence and experience, highly unlikely, in the short term) technical improvements as some form of argument for something as opinionated and subjective as fun or happiness.

For example, I could say, no matter how much money I donate, they will never fix desync.

Regardless, even if someone is happy, there is room for improvement. Whinging or criticism isn't necessarily a bad thing either, sometimes it's completely valid and at least shows some form of care, barring obvious trolling.

I used to be mostly happy with PoE, somehow that regressed, strange how that works.

Yeah I'm sure you know who I am.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info