PC Gamer unveils Descent race events

If the areas aren't new areas, I don't much see the point. If they are somehow new and/or randomly generated, I look forward to it.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
"These events have become wildly popular, helping the player base grow to over two million registered accounts"

The first part is not remotely accurate, and registered accounts means nothing. Its getting so old reading crap like this on gaming websites.

The race type sounds interesting. Been waiting for crazy races/leagues where characters are deleted at the end. Still hoping for some crazy 2/3/4 skill point per level race/leagues.

Still zero interest in the actual seasons though.
Last edited by Magnicon on Jun 21, 2013, 6:36:07 PM
The fact that the gear / characters from these events are deleted at the end of the race will really allow them to push the power envelope to make you feel extremely powerful...I hope.
IGN: Aux
descent sounds like diablo 1
too bad is not you know i`m
kinda bored of wraclast
a dungeon with 8 levels instead of main history would be awesome
waiting to try it...
"
"These events have become wildly popular, helping the player base grow to over two million registered accounts"

The first part is not remotely accurate,

you are incorrect as always

I assume it's randomly generated zones back to back. And the concept of op gear, up all chars whiped at end, is very interesting.

No one keeps their 1hr-3hr race chars anyway :P

I wonder how they'll go about Skill Gems. o_0
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
Hardcore players thought they were hardcore but they never played roguelikes. Now here's your chance.

I assume someone's been watching the online Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup matches on the dev team. I'm pretty excited about this considering I haven't had a chance to play for the last month or so.
Finally wipe events :)

Got so sick of deleting characters over and over, now the game does that for me.
"
jamesl wrote:
"

The first part is not remotely accurate,

you are incorrect as always

Lets brake it down.

"helping the player base to grow to over two million registered accounts"

That doesn't even make sense. The player base is how many people are playing. The number of registered accounts has almost nothing to do with that. Not only are they misrepresenting what the number of accounts means, they are saying the game is "wildly popular" because of it. It should be fairly obvious that that is not remotely accurate.

Also, even if there was 100% retention,2m players in 2013 for an online only game is hardly "wildly popular". Even hardcore fanboys have agreed that the popularity of the game has gone down since OB launch. Makes sense given thats what happens for nearly every single F2P game that has ever been made. Popularity goes down, not up.

GGG, the game, and the community have nothing to gain by a gaming site making ridiculous, marketing type comments like that. If anything, it hurts. People roll their eyes at garbage like that. GGG should not have allowed them to put a misleading comment like that in an article about their game.

That being said, I'm slightly concerned for your health. Being so obsessed with me that you have read every single comment I've made on this site, even though they are all "incorrect", sounds like a serious problem.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info