PC Gamer unveils Descent race events

"
xatharas wrote:
I didn't do any races sofar, but I'll definetely do this one!
Sounds great, I'll finally have a chance for the top gear! ;)

Keep up the great work GGG!!

Lol then all your top gear gets DELETED! No thanks.
IGN: lVlage (96 Witch)
"
bilun wrote:
I'd love to see some lomher interval leagues with this ruleset. While there definitely shouldn't be a permanent Descent league, I'd love to see 1 day, 1 week, and 1 month variations.

if you dont like the idea of a perm league, how about a perm challenge? I think if you scaled the difficulty of the floors so that after 6 hours it was virtually guaranteed death for everyone, then you could remove the time aspect and make it about how far can you get into the dungeon, it would be an xp challenge, who can level the most before death. You could just leave that open, doesnt have to be a thing everyone does at the same time, it can have a permanent ladder that works like a highscore board as no char will live beyond a session.

One thing about races is that its a set time, thats awesome, i love the community aspect, but it would be cool to have things I can log on and do when I feel like it too, but still have that community challenge factor.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
bilun wrote:
I'd love to see some lomher interval leagues with this ruleset. While there definitely shouldn't be a permanent Descent league, I'd love to see 1 day, 1 week, and 1 month variations.

if you dont like the idea of a perm league, how about a perm challenge? I think if you scaled the difficulty of the floors so that after 6 hours it was virtually guaranteed death for everyone, then you could remove the time aspect and make it about how far can you get into the dungeon, it would be an xp challenge, who can level the most before death. You could just leave that open, doesnt have to be a thing everyone does at the same time, it can have a permanent ladder that works like a highscore board as no char will live beyond a session.

One thing about races is that its a set time, thats awesome, i love the community aspect, but it would be cool to have things I can log on and do when I feel like it too, but still have that community challenge factor.

This could certainly work- and would certainly add something new and distinct. Perhaps have the record boards for it reset and rewards dolled out each patch(since patches have balance changes that may make the old top score's build impossible to replicate, it would be a natural time to reset the leaderboards regularly so as to prevent stagnation)
Talisman softcore IGN:disappointment
Nice decent event sounds great!
OMG they killed Kenny... You bastards!
I think PoE is going to be "The next BIG thing"
OMG they killed Kenny... You bastards!
"
bilun wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
bilun wrote:

This could certainly work- and would certainly add something new and distinct. Perhaps have the record boards for it reset and rewards dolled out each patch(since patches have balance changes that may make the old top score's build impossible to replicate, it would be a natural time to reset the leaderboards regularly so as to prevent stagnation)

ya that would be cool. There would definitely be a learning curve for the devs where things would be tweaked and old scores rendered meaningless, certainly over the first months. Maybe after a while it would stabilise as they stop tinkering with it and it could run the length of the 4 month ladders, with 'first to reach' milestones that award prizes, perhaps that would always be something where the next milestone was added after the last was reached, giving he devs some scope to adapt to how fast people seem to be improving.
This sounds like a terrible race but a good idea for a new league. (deletion? No Thanks!)
Crafting doesn't exist in POE. Gambling does...and the house always wins.

Velocireptile - I LOL'ed. Which made me fart. I wish the office were empty right now :(

Hardlicker - I had to push the dog out of the way so I could get to the sexy quilt.
Why does this have to take place of the 135 signature races? I would be happy to do these and think its another great signature race but I don't see why a race that was successful for you guys last year had to disappear. A lot of the serious racers enjoyed doing signature races and liked the whole race record tally thing at the end of the season. I love how you guys have a new idea but keep the old stuff too!
Last edited by Rithz on Jun 23, 2013, 11:50:56 PM
"
Rithz wrote:
Why does this have to take place of the 135 signature races? I don't see why a race that was successful for you guys last year had to disappear.

Cause they use the whole system of races and season(s) to tryout new things, to find new ways to challenge the people... The old signature was more of a comparision race, the new type will be a harder fight against the circumstances ^^
That the next season introduces a new type of signature, did not mean the old race is buried forever. I also liked the fixed seed ones and can imagine that I like the new type less, but that didnt make me worry... I'm more unhappy whith that I've never seen an official final result for the S2 signature event -or may I've just missed it :-?
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
Still no update.

I don't even know if it will be in HC. Else players find nice items and commit suicide to keep those items in default.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info