PC Gamer unveils Descent race events

No portals or waypoints huh?

Should make questing a hell of a lot more interesting.

Would instances reset in this one? Or would the monsters just be wiped?

Edit: Now that I think about it, you can't go back to hand in quests due to places like just after brutus now allowing you to go back into the prison. Interesting.
"Minions of your minions are your minion's minions, not your minions." - Mark
Last edited by ciknay on Jun 21, 2013, 11:42:43 PM
Haven't done any races yet. This, though, sounds fun as hell. Gritty and challenging. Can't wait.
Delete
Last edited by Jooopiee on Jun 28, 2013, 9:32:12 PM
Cannot wait to try these out. Glad the signature event is a 1hr as it gives the above average players a chance to win with a couple powerful drops. Only thing I'd like to see would be if you got to keep exalted and eternal drops because there is no reason to use them in a race like this. That being said I wouldn't be surprised if GGG took those out of the loot pool for that very reason. Looking forward to season 3 and hopefully get to race in more than my season 2 total of 40 events.
Best results as Ranger
rank 29 (1 Hr Lethal TI Solo (S02E148))
rank 40 (2 Hr Fixed Seed Solo (S02E249))
rank 49 (1 Hour BLAMT Solo (S02E258))
WOW Sounds awsome can't wait hope there is times that i can make them since i work a shit ton!! Love the game keep up the cool shit ggg!!!!
Seeing as how everything will be destroyed at the end please tell me the drop rates really are going to be through the roof! This will be so much fun if unique and insane rare items are dropping like crazy and we have to ditch items because we can't port back to town and stash them!
IGN: _Blue_Box_
"
ciknay wrote:
No portals or waypoints huh?

Should make questing a hell of a lot more interesting.

Would instances reset in this one? Or would the monsters just be wiped?

Edit: Now that I think about it, you can't go back to hand in quests due to places like just after brutus now allowing you to go back into the prison. Interesting.

I have a feeling there won't be any questing at all. Based on the picture of the stairs from a previous announcement, I think the race might take place entirely in a large dungeon. You'll also notice that there is no world map or quest icon in the normal location on the UI.

Spoiler
I hope races are less about RNG this time around.

We need more fixed map, fixed spawn, fixed drop races...heck, even fixed class races. That would be a fairer race than the RNG crap-shoot we have now were one person faces a cross country run and another is on a 100 meter track.

I've watched a lot of streamers and when someone they hadn't heard of finished in the top 10-20 they all said they must have some great weapon(it is a pretty close knit community at the top). They all say anyone can win if one gets an amazing drop early on as the item has a greater impact than player skill.
Ascension tied to Lab is the worst thing GGG has done...apart from GGG's philosophy on Trading. Oh and Gambling Loot boxes. And selling out to tencent.

I used to love GGG. I supported to ensure GGG remained independent, now I just wish I could get my money back. -_-
"Descent"wow great ideal. I think this is a race that I might even try
Is minic a gheibhean beal oscailt diog dunta!
"
Chameleon wrote:
I hope races are less about RNG this time around.

"
Chameleon wrote:
I've watched a lot of streamers and when someone they hadn't heard of finished in the top 10-20 they all said they must have some great weapon(it is a pretty close knit community at the top).

So on one hand you think there is too much RNG variation in races, and on the other hand you admit it's the high-skilled streamers that are consistently at the top regardless of RNG. You do see the flaw in your reasoning here, don't you? There isn't a huge impact if one random guy makes it every once in a while.
Last edited by jcmjx on Jun 22, 2013, 2:35:41 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info