0.11.0e Patch Notes

It will be interesting to see if the price for RMT goes up. It would validate that this change was effective.

I took a look at one of the common ones and see how they still say that they deliver by creating a new account with a lvl 1 character on it and then give you the login info. So essentially it is a throw away account for them. Now they won't be able to load up orbs on the account.

Fight censorship
https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/
"
raics wrote:

Similar systems have been suggested often enough but have been knocked down because of possible abuse...

I think the possibility of abusing something like this is marginal.
My point is, not only the number of reports are important, but that you can only file one report per acount per target. so 50 reports, but from 50 different accounts.

if you use the same level cap as here with lvl25 you get the best possible filter/ban solution with leaving no possible means for abuse.
or would you like to play 50-100 toons on 50-100 different accounts, just to shame and blame someone, when a moderator can easily check the logs and all player names associated to the account to see whether the ban claim is justified?

therefore there is no need for the prosecution of false claims, and wasting time there.

i would really like them to think about it, or give some answer why something like that is no option.

also the point is not, in preventing them to shift items or currency from stolen accounts.

its about preventing them to A.) advertise their bullshit B.) making it harder to actually fulfill the transaction.

A.) is most efficiently (time&money) done by using community support, in my opinion.
and i think every true supporter is more than willing to participate in this clean sweep
-------------------------------

OP: has an interesting point there. guess they will have a lvl25 toon and make the transactions from there, per normal trade.

another part of the currency RMT trade problem is, that it takes a lot of time to find ppl willing to exchange the currency. the trade chat is too crowded, offers no means for filtering.
while i think ggg still pursues a web-only trading solution?
i'd still like them to consider copy&pasting part of the party chat mechanics, to allow trading-group chats.
trade-thread.

-you get filtering
-you get your permanent offer out there in the market, for everyone to see (fire&forget)
-you get a fast currency exchange in game, between players -> less incentive to use RMT (at least if you have other currency lying around)
(try finding someone to sell you 50 fusing when you need them for your other currency solely via trade chat)
competition game mode / loot allocation: http://redd.it/18eodl

modular item crafting:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/387738
http://redd.it/1emvm9
Last edited by DisorderedMind on Jun 14, 2013, 7:53:38 AM
That is rly awesome because now we won`t get "wts 100 fusings for exalt" on a 4 days league... so yeah, it's pretty good that GGG is thinking about the quality on their product and that's why I love this game Thanks guys and keep up the great work!!!
IGN: Culling_Bunny Dual Physical Wander CI Build
I love that you are trying this to curb RMT. It feels like it will have positive impact and has potential to reduce the abuse of it. Thank you!
I like it! Thanks guys!
IGN: Meowauder
IGN: ThatOneGuyThatllDie
worth it to try at least
IGN TylordRampage
Will be interesting to see if this new implementation bears fruit. If anything at least it's effort to try and combat the RMT sites. :)
I don't think this will affect RMT much since RMT does not HAVE TO rely on the trading system. The reason is that real money is not exchanged simultaneously anyway. They can just set up an instance and drop items on the ground.
Good change Chris!

RMT destroyed many other good games. Please do your best to make them go away.
Last edited by jan3sobieski on Jun 14, 2013, 9:25:35 AM
I was wondering how this will affect new players though, wont they rather not bother playing POE if they cant trade currency early?

Regardless, its good they try to stop the RMT sites, its also very sad that some people actually trade with them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info