0.11.0e Patch Notes

"
DarkRAVER wrote:
"
fatmechanic wrote:
After googling on PoE RMT sites I found quite a few. Isnt it possible to take actions against those directly?

GGG can't shut down sites that they do not own, all they can do is ban players that do RMT (buyers and sellers). Community has to play important role in this process and report any RM offers ingame to GGG.

Not even legally? Thanks for reply tho. Yea, I used to report the spammers every now and then. "Every now and then" simply because it became too tedious after a while to report every case. The last few months tho, I havent gotten much private message spam.
"
Chris wrote:
though I'm sure that's going to be fun for them *evil laugh*
Casually casual.

"
We're sorry for any inconvenience that the new trading restrictions cause, but they will have a dramatic impact on our mission to destroy RMT sites. It's not so much about forcing them to manually level up thousands of accounts to level 25 (though I'm sure that's going to be fun for them), but about slowing down how quickly they can move items between new accounts.

Now you can concentrate on D2jsp and finally ban players using it.
Also have fun banning RMT scum creating threads on d2jsp that want level services or old accounts.

The only problem I see from this that some RMT sites will use stolen accounts to trade now.

"
Edit: Because this keeps coming up, I should clarify that the same restriction applies to drop trading. The item becomes permanently allocated to you.

I feel like trolling players with this join a public party with a new account drop an exalt/divine/gcp walk away see 5 players stalking the currency items lure monsters to them. ;D
Ofc you troll them earlier with:"I heard [hard monster area < lvl 25] drops [insert rare currency here] more often"

But one question have you considered Vendorreceipe trading?
Junkitems for Augs/Alts/Transmutes/Jewelers/Fusings/Chances
Rare matches for chances
Rare sets for Chances, Chaos and Regal.
Junk 6 links for divines.
Rainbow link 2 x 2 3 x 1 items for chromatics?

"
Not even legally? Thanks for reply tho. Yea, I used to report the spammers every now and then. "Every now and then" simply because it became too tedious after a while to report every case. The last few months tho, I havent gotten much private message spam.

They could if they argue like their spambots are heavily stressing the servers or accounts related to this are crashing the servers for exploits aka duping.

The problem is rather RMT sites around this have a paypal account with Names like John Doe and the bank could be the bank account of some Nigerian Prince.
Even if you know in which country the real masterminds are located legal steps are hard to push through since most RMT sites made money with D2 or other games and they opened foreign bank accounts to cover up their identities in future games.
Else you would have seen Blizzard taking one RMT site down after another(including D2jsp) simply because they could argue that the RMAH is their way to make money and RMT sites are loss of their money. Similar they used to argue against a WoW bot-->The bot plays 24/7 a normal player plays max 12/7-->Loss of subscription time.

The best thing you can do against RMT sites are hard restrictions, permbanning and botscam them via fake paypalaccounts(chargeback), so they have to mule numerous items to fakeaccounts just to find out they got scambaited.

Players should know how they can help developers with this fight against RMT sites.
* Do not help low level people! (Below level 25!)
Maybe he is just a RMT seller waiting for help from the community to poison it later.

:P
Love it. a firm blow struck and a clear message sent to RMT scumbags, this is possibly more important than any other change made in the 0.11 rollout :)

Having to level my trade mule to level 25 is a tiny tiny price to pay for this :D

Now if we could just have some movement on the front of a better trade interface than chat spam for those of us doing legitimate deals it would be really awesome :D

Oh and... when are you implementing pants?

Fighting against RMT is never being successful in the way that they destroy the sites completely. It is all about business and getting money in a certain relation to time. The efforts of GGG are pretty destructive for RMT sites on that matter.

PoE is not the only online game with a trade economy available. There are much more games where getting RMT done is less dangerous and does not take much effort. It is fast profit. When GGG tries to make the RMT situation uncomfortable and unprofitable, RMT sites may reconsider their orientation to other games giving more profit in relation to work and time. The RMT service in PoE may get drastically bad and therefore have way less influence than now.

Thanks Chris and GGG for being so stubborn on this.
It shows that you actually care for your game.
Last edited by Nightmare90 on Jun 14, 2013, 5:39:13 AM
gj, to me you could even make it higher level ^^
ign: ALLRAUDER
"
Chris wrote:
"
bobbing wrote:
Can you still drop trade?

It permanently allocates to you. We thought of that!

+1

Nice work gents :) Keep those scumbags down.
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
"
Chris wrote:
It's not so much about forcing them to manually level up thousands of accounts to level 25 (though I'm sure that's going to be fun for them)
Change is big. RMT sites will want to automate the lvling process (botting). This provides extra opportunity to find and ban the accounts before the damage is done.

This is genious.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info