0.11.0e Patch Notes

After googling on PoE RMT sites I found quite a few. Isnt it possible to take actions against those directly?
I started playing again a little over 2 weeks ago. I haven't been whispered spam or seen it in chat at all any time I've played. Doing a great job, IMO.

ॐ "Metal Gear!?!?!?" ॐ
Onslaught: FixinToDie + Awnslot
"
"
Chris wrote:
It will not be worth their time to bother with our game. We are not going to give up this fight.

Then you're a bigger fool then I thought you were. It is literally impossible for you to stop it. Ever. It always amazes me how stuck in the past you are, but making an insane statement like that is mind blowing. Its really saddening that you have such a lack of understanding of how and why RMT happens.

The audacity/ignorance that you think you're going to show up over a decade after something has started and do what no company has ever really done...wow. Stop wasting time on pointless things that have no real effect on your game and fix/balance something.

They may not stop it, but they can reduce it. What's your problem with that? You are going to sleep again, what's the reason to make your bed when you wake up? With your mindset, they should not even ban RMTers. Also, since you think you are not a "fool" , you might probably be blind. They fixed some bugs in this patch. A fix like that is not so time consuming and they clearly work on more important things and they improve the game in much faster rate than big companies do.
"
"
Chris wrote:
It will not be worth their time to bother with our game. We are not going to give up this fight.

Then you're a bigger fool then I thought you were. It is literally impossible for you to stop it. Ever. It always amazes me how stuck in the past you are, but making an insane statement like that is mind blowing. Its really saddening that you have such a lack of understanding of how and why RMT happens.

The audacity/ignorance that you think you're going to show up over a decade after something has started and do what no company has ever really done...wow. Stop wasting time on pointless things that have no real effect on your game and fix/balance something.
Spoiler
I applaud the effort to curb RMT. It's definitely a tough battle, but at least there is an effort on the part of the devs.

I do have a concern about how effective the level 25 restriction will be though- it seems like a good attempt to curb botters, but what is to stop them from just leveling one character to 25, then transferring the currency of low level bots to the shared stash and using the single high level character to trade their ill gotten gains?

In any case, keep up the good work. I hope you make some headway against the RMT sites.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Wow. Drastic.

I would have preferred a cascading system (able to trade Alchs earlier than 25, unable to trade Exalts until 50+), but I guess something like this is okay too. Adding a "Tradeable at Level X" text line to each currency's description would be nice too.

Fuck RMT.

I appreciate the way this was done. It is more sophisticated than the previously suggested strong arm approach of "characters cannot trade until (x) occurs." For starters, it only prohibits the transfer of currency items out of an account, not into. This could be a big deal, except it also only affects the first character on that account (assuming that character reaches level 25). Legitimately new players should, for the most part, not care about trading currency for items, if only because PoE is overwhelmingly successful at presenting a steep learning curve that would prohibit new players from knowing what they want to trade for.

Despite that, though, there will still be new players who want to trade unknowingly, and they should rightly be allowed to do so. But as you said. Fuck RMT. Beyond that, my only gripe is that this actually reinforces extra stash tabs as pay to win, as the alternative is multiple account creation. This fix consequently furthers the discrepancy between convenience and time = value. It does not quite make stash tabs pay to win yet, but it does make mule accounts more difficult to manage by requiring more time to make them actually mule-able. don't think level 25 will quite be enough to deter RMT in a way that is more valuable than the inconvenience it generates, and that sets the precedence to raise the bar higher, which sets the precedence to make mule accounts even more difficult to manage, ergo bringing stash tabs even closer to pay to win.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
"
"
Chris wrote:

I find it funny that you're arguing with someone clearly knows more about what they are doing to prevent such things then you do. He stated that there are other measures that they are taking. Maybe other games have failed, it doesn't mean that this game will, especially with all of the time and effort that they are putting into it, and the fact that it is a priority for them makes me believe that every measure that can possibly be taken to prevent RMT will be taken. To me, that's enough, and if what they say is true, it very may will be enough to discourage or even prevent it in the long run.
I'm just worried now that RMT labor camp workers cant be made to spam new accounts if theyr going to be put to work to try to steal accounts. The email confirmation works great now but there are alot of assholes who will put their skills to use for this kind of shit
"
Qarl wrote:
Version 0.11.0e
  • Trading Currency Items away to other players is now blocked until you have a level 25+ character on your account. This rule does not apply to existing accounts created before this patch. It does not affect Scrolls of Wisdom or Portal Scrolls. This change is designed to disrupt RMT and should not affect legitimate players very much.
  • Fixed an instance crash related to the Vaal Oversoul.
  • Fixed a bug where you could restore an Imprinted item to an equipped item slot.
  • Fixed a bug where linking an item in chat would sometimes link the wrong item.

The Trade Requirement should because getting level 25 is not to hard and it will make the farmers angry.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jun 14, 2013, 4:02:35 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info