0.11.0e Patch Notes

"
It permanently allocates to you. We thought of that!

Permanently allocates means until the instance ends in this case?
I remember something like 5 mins or until the character leaves the instance as permanent allocation ruleset. Or i missed something?

Other than that, nice patch, keep going guys :)

IGN: Maelifica
"
"
Chris wrote:
It will not be worth their time to bother with our game. We are not going to give up this fight.

Then you're a bigger fool then I thought you were. It is literally impossible for you to stop it. Ever. It always amazes me how stuck in the past you are, but making an insane statement like that is mind blowing. Its really saddening that you have such a lack of understanding of how and why RMT happens.

The audacity/ignorance that you think you're going to show up over a decade after something has started and do what no company has ever really done...wow. Stop wasting time on pointless things that have no real effect on your game and fix/balance something.
Although magnicon's tone is atrocious -- that level of disrespect is completely unnecessary -- I'm a little worried that his overall point may be right. It's very likely that this change will only provide a minor speed-bump to serious RMT operations. Better than nothing, but not by much, and not nearly as drastic as my first impression.

As an interesting unintended consequence, a subset of sweatshop farmers is going to become very good at 90 minute races.

I still believe that the best way to punish RMT is to go after the buyers -- for whom things like convenience matter, and who aren't necessarily tech-savvy -- instead of going after the sellers.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jun 14, 2013, 4:04:10 AM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
"
Chris wrote:
It will not be worth their time to bother with our game. We are not going to give up this fight.

Then you're a bigger fool then I thought you were. It is literally impossible for you to stop it. Ever. It always amazes me how stuck in the past you are, but making an insane statement like that is mind blowing. Its really saddening that you have such a lack of understanding of how and why RMT happens.

The audacity/ignorance that you think you're going to show up over a decade after something has started and do what no company has ever really done...wow. Stop wasting time on pointless things that have no real effect on your game and fix/balance something.
Although magnicon's tone is atrocious -- that level of disrespect is completely unnecessary -- I'm a little worried that his overall point may be right. It's very likely that this change will only provide a minor speed-bump to serious RMT operations. Better than nothing, but not by much, and not nearly as drastic as my first impression.

As an interesting unintended consequence, a subset of sweatshop farmers is going to become very good at 90 minute races.

I still believe that the best way to punish RMT is to go after the buyers -- for whom things like convenience matter, and who aren't necessarily tech-savvy -- instead of going after the sellers.

This is very true. If you punish the buyers, it'd give them less incentive to buy currency with real money again. Also this would prevent botted currency from entering the economy.
ign: _REDIVIDER_
Last edited by Chimmy on Jun 14, 2013, 4:08:59 AM
Another side effect I see of the lvl 25 currency trade restriction is the reduction of new players being scammed out of higher tier orbs. Leveling up to 25 could take brand new players a day or two which would give them a little time to start to understand the value of orbs in their possession.
Luke: Sorry we have to leave you here, but it just ain't right to eat your wife's and daughter's brains. Plus you're really disgusting and I don't want to spend anymore time with you.
If RMT is proven, then I would suggest to ban not only seller, but the buyer as well.

Also, there should be some mechanism for personal identification (for example, credit card charge of 0.01$). Anyone can pass identification or stay anonymous. Anonymous accounts should have permanent item allocation forever (unable to trade with others).
Last edited by warpod on Jun 14, 2013, 4:21:48 AM
Thanks a bunch this will probably bring back the value of exalts to normal levels.. or not :( crossing my fingers
IGN: Megawipe
My no-technician analysis of this measure would be:
-This is not intended to stop account-hacks. That seems to be already securet as far as GGG-team can guarantee, as they say, and if they say so i believe it.
-This is also not focusing in possible chinese-slave-labor-RMT-factorys, as i do not think there is any possibility to stop this kind of thing with any in-game mechanism.
-This measue is directly designed agains bot-programs. Why?

A boter doesn't need multiple characters per account, since he can only log with one at the time to farm. He needs multiple accounts to farm with all of them, get the profit and dispose it in a way that, being that boting-character caught, the profit is already safe for him.
With this simple measure the bot that could farm and constantly deliver his currency now has to farm until level 25 before deliver anything. "So?" So the chance that the program GGG uses to find them have MUCH higher chance to get them before they make ANY profit with that character.
And if they still have "older" non-blocked accounts, it really doesnt matter, since the only advantage this ones have is the possibility to farm with lower-level character and thansfer the income to de market directly, and by doing that they increase the chance that this older accounts also get recognized and banned. It should be a matter of time.

About how it may afect the honest players, my views are:
- It wont stop them from trading equipments, only "more valuable" currencies. In early stages what you need is not currencies, it is a reasonable set, and since there is no true market going for low levels, there is no loss.
- It may even be good to the beginners, since the chance of they being scammed after getting luck in a early drop becomes limited. How can a new player, with a just created account, undestand how much this "Exalted thing" he just droped does not worth the "TEN SUPER CHAOS ORBS" this PRO-guy is offering him right now? He better trade it fast!
In Game: ElaineBelloc
"
CanHasPants wrote:
Beyond that, my only gripe is that this actually reinforces extra stash tabs as pay to win, as the alternative is multiple account creation. This fix consequently furthers the discrepancy between convenience and time = value. It does not quite make stash tabs pay to win yet, but it does make mule accounts more difficult to manage by requiring more time to make them actually mule-able. don't think level 25 will quite be enough to deter RMT in a way that is more valuable than the inconvenience it generates, and that sets the precedence to raise the bar higher, which sets the precedence to make mule accounts even more difficult to manage, ergo bringing stash tabs even closer to pay to win.

You're missing an extremely important point here. The trade restriction only exists for currency items, and probably 99.99% of stash space is dedicated to non-currency. This means that you're completely free to make 500 free mule accounts to store your extra rares and white items, without being affected by the new trade rules at all. Look at the stash of even someone who's been playing the game for months and months. If they're not a botter/RMT seller, it's rare you'll see even a single stash tab full of currency items, much less multiple tabs.
"
fatmechanic wrote:
After googling on PoE RMT sites I found quite a few. Isnt it possible to take actions against those directly?

GGG can't shut down sites that they do not own, all they can do is ban players that do RMT (buyers and sellers). Community has to play important role in this process and report any RM offers ingame to GGG.
IGN: Prgavac
Last edited by DarkRAVER on Jun 14, 2013, 4:43:40 AM
"
vinsimbulan wrote:
I applaud the effort to curb RMT. It's definitely a tough battle, but at least there is an effort on the part of the devs.

I do have a concern about how effective the level 25 restriction will be though- it seems like a good attempt to curb botters, but what is to stop them from just leveling one character to 25, then transferring the currency of low level bots to the shared stash and using the single high level character to trade their ill gotten gains?

In any case, keep up the good work. I hope you make some headway against the RMT sites.

That 'one' character gets banned.The RMT power was the ability to keep making new accounts when they got banned.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info