0.11.0e Patch Notes

Nice move! i hope it works.

Can someone explain to me, why captchas at account creation wont work?
Are they too easily hacked and need to be updated on a regular basis or why wont you use these?

another thing is filtering party descriptions with banned keywords or perhaps even better, the often wished for report button in game. e.f. if a single account, gets reported by say 50 different ppl/accounts -> automated ban.
let your playerbase help to clean up the place and speed up the process.

moderators wont have to actively seach for spammers nor react to each mail send to support, by every player wanting to report.
instead they only get a automated email with account info once enough ppl reported an account, and check if the account/player name fits the description. (mostly random letter combinations as player names)
which might also help get rid of the spam accounts which are allready created and need to be banned nonetheless.

the best "firewall" against RMT spammers, is your own playerbase, constantly reading chats oder checking parties. even leveling to lvl25 via bots wont help them much, if they can get identified and banned the very instant they advertise their stuff.

yeay...bot smashing as the new minigame :D
i want a scroll for each legitimate ban
competition game mode / loot allocation: http://redd.it/18eodl

modular item crafting:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/387738
http://redd.it/1emvm9
ohhh, hope the chat link bug is fixed!

Great work peeps :) gj
"

another thing is filtering party descriptions with banned keywords or perhaps even better, the often wished for report button in game. e.f. if a single account, gets reported by say 50 different ppl/accounts -> automated ban.
let your playerbase help to clean up the place and speed up the process.

moderators wont have to actively seach for spammers nor react to each mail send to support, by every player wanting to report.
instead they only get a automated email with account info once enough ppl reported an account, and check if the account/player name fits the description. (mostly random letter combinations as player names)
which might also help get rid of the spam accounts which are allready created and need to be banned nonetheless.

the best "firewall" against RMT spammers, is your own playerbase, constantly reading chats oder checking parties. even leveling to lvl25 via bots wont help them much, if they can get identified and banned the very instant they advertise their stuff.

yeay...bot smashing as the new minigame :D
i want a scroll for each legitimate ban

Similar systems have been suggested often enough but have been knocked down because of possible abuse.

I personally think it would work, as soon as someone gets 100 reports he gets checked. If his chat log stinks of RMT his account gets banned and randomly selected 10 people out of first 100 who reported get an alt orb or something, nothing too fancy but not completely worthless either, people are randomly selected to make farming alts using this pretty much pointless.

In case that reports turn out false, everyone who reported get banned for a day.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Jun 14, 2013, 6:47:53 AM
I really don't want to bother quoting all the ignorant stuff I've seen on this post . There have been some fair points but I'm pretty sure I can explain why this is good as well as add a suggestion to make it better for lower level players.

Firstly, to say that this wont make a difference is completely unfair, and what most players aren't understanding is that RMT split up their assets,much like the phrase "dont putball your eggs in one basket" so that if a ban hammer comes down they don't lose nearly as much product. Low level accounts are also used to move items rapidly after they are sapped from the stashes of hacked players. Generally by the time someone realizes they've been hacked, their items have changed hands atleast 3 times. By introducing a level cap for trading they are significantly slowed down.

Even if you're still convinced that it won't make a difference, atleast look at it from the devs perspective. You have people complaining that not enough is being done about RMT, you come up with a solution. Even if its not a cure-all, you have to do something right? You have to try. You wouldn't just let your game die, you try to prevent it, you do what you can to slow it down.

Now to the counterpoint about the restriction being tough on new players. Lets be serious here, what does it really take to get a character to level 25, an hour maybe? Even starting brand new and knowing nothing about the game it's still attainable within 3 hours. And have you ever used any real currency before level 25? A 4 link isn't even possible until you're in level 26 areas, so fusings seem to be useless. Really alterations, transmutes and some alchs are all I could see being used up to that level.

So say you want to get a friend into PoE an want to help him out early on. You could either
A. Create the items for him
B. Perhaps GGG could make a trade limit avaliable to those players below level 25.
For instance, don't allow them to trade currencies above the fuse/alch/scour tier and limit those trades to say, 10 every 15 minutes.
This would allow for a reasonable amount of low leveling currency to be granted to new characters while still making it extremely tedious and not worthwhile for RMT operators.

This is just what makes sense to me, I think it was a good update,but still allows for some expansion.
Last edited by ImNeverGonnaDanceAgain on Jun 14, 2013, 6:49:00 AM
And yes, i don't mind currency trading restriction. Playing Elsword I live with much more restricted trading, you can't trade AT ALL until your character is at least 3 days old and reached level 15 to obtain the first character class upgrade. Until level 25 you can't even share stash.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Great :D

Can't really see any downside. Possibly a higher level char whould be able to give to a lower level char so that you can still give away equipment to newbs/friends.
About the only downside I see is that I will no longer be able to sell some gems to lower-level chars since they can't pay me :(
Dear Maligaro,
I left my head in San Francisco, I lost my legs in Peru
My liver and kidney are on holiday in Sydney
And I am sending my Heart to you
--- Love, Malachai
This just made my morning.

Fantastic work as always, GGG.
I think it's a great move in the battle against RMT.
"Man, it's like we're fighting housewives and their equipment." - Millennium
"
In my experience in other games, rmters will just bot their toons to lv up and meet requirements, and then requirements will escalate. First this, then no whispers from characters under lv10, then lv25, then you cant use trade or global until lv20...and then....heres my favorite from aion....you are completely mute until lv10!

These are all reasonable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info