0.11.0e Patch Notes

"

CanHasPants wrote:
Beyond that, my only gripe is that this actually reinforces extra stash tabs as pay to win, as the alternative is multiple account creation. This fix consequently furthers the discrepancy between convenience and time = value. It does not quite make stash tabs pay to win yet, but it does make mule accounts more difficult to manage by requiring more time to make them actually mule-able. don't think level 25 will quite be enough to deter RMT in a way that is more valuable than the inconvenience it generates, and that sets the precedence to raise the bar higher, which sets the precedence to make mule accounts even more difficult to manage, ergo bringing stash tabs even closer to pay to win.

I agree with Chris here. You can create mule accounts to hold extra rare, unique, white items. Even with my 25+ stash tabs, I have barely ever filled up half a page with currency items. On a separate note, there is no point trading for items if you don't have a lvl25+ character anyway. Just enjoy the game for a while. I see nothing wrong coming from this. Yes RMT sites will try to get around this restriction but its like Chris said, the harder they make for RMT sites to exploit their game, the less they will. There are other games they can exploit and eventually they will (hopefully) find it too hard to work on this game and give up.
Domination IGN: The_Bloody_Fist and Aurora_Temptus
http://poexplorer.com/ - Forum Item Search
http://exilestats.com/ex/ - Approximate currency exchange rate.
http://www.poebuilder.com/ - Advanced skill tree builder.
Keep up the good work! :-)
GGG rules! Pay2win haters gonna hate. Keep up the good fight, guys!
I assume its the same for dropping currency...
Great work Chris and ggg gang, lets keep the gamehackers/scammers out of our game.
Life sucks; but damn i'm havin a ball doin it.
"
BrianWeissman wrote:
"
CanHasPants wrote:
Beyond that, my only gripe is that this actually reinforces extra stash tabs as pay to win, as the alternative is multiple account creation. This fix consequently furthers the discrepancy between convenience and time = value. It does not quite make stash tabs pay to win yet, but it does make mule accounts more difficult to manage by requiring more time to make them actually mule-able. don't think level 25 will quite be enough to deter RMT in a way that is more valuable than the inconvenience it generates, and that sets the precedence to raise the bar higher, which sets the precedence to make mule accounts even more difficult to manage, ergo bringing stash tabs even closer to pay to win.

You're missing an extremely important point here. The trade restriction only exists for currency items, and probably 99.99% of stash space is dedicated to non-currency. This means that you're completely free to make 500 free mule accounts to store your extra rares and white items, without being affected by the new trade rules at all. Look at the stash of even someone who's been playing the game for months and months. If they're not a botter/RMT seller, it's rare you'll see even a single stash tab full of currency items, much less multiple tabs.

Even Kripparrian's stash has only half a tab full of currency. ;P
i too fas fo youuuuuuu
I think the level 25 restriction wasn’t made to be something to “stop RMT” in its tracks. It does slow them down, but the real purpose is that the RMT characters will usually follow a very similar pattern especially a bot. This restriction gives GGG 25 levels of data about a character’s behavior that will help them sniff out these guys. Well done, I don’t know you guys even respond to complainers, which some percentage are probably using the RMT sites. Great game guys loving Anarchy league.
They are some bad news with this, but as long as it helps against the RMT, its an awesome move!

Thanks GGG. Things like this one are the kind of ones that keep many of us involved in the game.

I hope we will win this fight against RMT!
IGN: Gonorreitor
If it kills off even a part of RMT, it's good news.
IGN : Jovial
How many legit players mule currency, anyway? Not many. Stop trying to find things to complain about when the change doesn't affect you and only exists to improve the game.

If you have so much currency that you need to offload some to a mule account, you clearly spend hundreds of hours playing the game. You can spend 2-3 hours leveling a mule to 25.

If you're playing an alt account and want to mule your currency over to your main, you'll hit 25 long before you have enough currency to warrant muling in the first place.

Stop crying; this change doesn't hurt you.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info