0.11.0e Patch Notes

Cheaters suck... I hate it when I see normal players suffer because cheaters exist. But you have to do what you have to do. As long as you can trader regular items, wis, and portal scrolls I think this should be fine really. I doubt many RMTers are selling items below Ilevel 25 anyway.. :P

So good job finding a way to hinder them with very minimal impact to the legit player base.
Very good work so far guys. Keep up the good work
GitGud, GitNerfed, Repeat.
"
"
Chris wrote:
It will not be worth their time to bother with our game. We are not going to give up this fight.

Then you're a bigger fool then I thought you were. It is literally impossible for you to stop it. Ever. It always amazes me how stuck in the past you are, but making an insane statement like that is mind blowing. Its really saddening that you have such a lack of understanding of how and why RMT happens.

The audacity/ignorance that you think you're going to show up over a decade after something has started and do what no company has ever really done...wow. Stop wasting time on pointless things that have no real effect on your game and fix/balance something.

Your post is so aggressive and filled with unsubstantiated claims. I feel bad that Chris even took the time to answer you.

I really like this solution. I wish the player base would just stop engaging in RMT, but any change that you devs feel is necessary in fighting the battle, is welcomed.
While I admire the action taken you have bigger problem than the RMT webpages. It's called d2jps. I am not sure if their forums goes into the category of RMT webpages, but I believe they have much bigger impact on the economy then the official RMT sites.

I don't believe anyone can come up with solution to webpages like d2jsp.
IGN: Mahakali
What is d2jsp?
I commend GGG for their attitude towards RMT. I like this change & feel that it will have a bigger impact on RMT than it will the playerbase, good job.

I think GGG have done a stellar job of dealing with RMT so far, the chat spam is almost none existent & I haven't had a PM in months, great job.

Now if we could only see the same attitude applied to multiloading I think we would have a hat trick on our hands. Multiloading arguably has a large negative effect on the games' economy & has also been an ally of RMT/bots. Unfortunately the current GGG attitude has lead to people not only feeling justified to use multiloading but also feel like others are stupid for not doing it. They freely mock 'regular' players for not multiloading & they feel safe & secure talking about how many uniques they happen to find on their boss runs.

I really feel like you have contradicted yourselves being so hard line on RMT but endorsing multiloading. It's never too late to change.

But, because of this statement I will be buying a Divine pack today rather than putting it off to see how the next balance patch works out.

"
Chris wrote:
These changes will have the effects that we want because we are doing an awful lot of other stuff to go with it. You may claim it's impossible to destroy RMT, but we see clear improvements with each change we make. It will not be worth their time to bother with our game. We are not going to give up this fight.

GG GGG
Last edited by lethal_papercut on Jun 14, 2013, 12:02:00 PM
Great to see a good fight against RMT sites.
Kind of kills low level uniques though.

I was wondering why I disconnected during Vaal the other day. Was quite annoyed with that, thought it was just a hiccup. Who knew there was a cure for hiccups :)
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
"
BrianWeissman wrote:
"
CanHasPants wrote:
Beyond that, my only gripe is that this actually reinforces extra stash tabs as pay to win, as the alternative is multiple account creation. This fix consequently furthers the discrepancy between convenience and time = value. It does not quite make stash tabs pay to win yet, but it does make mule accounts more difficult to manage by requiring more time to make them actually mule-able. don't think level 25 will quite be enough to deter RMT in a way that is more valuable than the inconvenience it generates, and that sets the precedence to raise the bar higher, which sets the precedence to make mule accounts even more difficult to manage, ergo bringing stash tabs even closer to pay to win.

You're missing an extremely important point here. The trade restriction only exists for currency items, and probably 99.99% of stash space is dedicated to non-currency. This means that you're completely free to make 500 free mule accounts to store your extra rares and white items, without being affected by the new trade rules at all. Look at the stash of even someone who's been playing the game for months and months. If they're not a botter/RMT seller, it's rare you'll see even a single stash tab full of currency items, much less multiple tabs.

That is a good point I had not considered :) But my point still stands (albeit, it was late, I probably had a few too many gin and tonic, and reading back I definitely miscommunicated my intent). That, should these measures be proven ineffective, and I believe they will, and stricter measures be required, a potential consequence is to blur the line between convenience and paying to win, possibly driving stash tabs closer to the latter.

"
WhiteBoy wrote:
How many legit players mule currency, anyway? Not many. Stop trying to find things to complain about when the change doesn't affect you and only exists to improve the game.

If you have so much currency that you need to offload some to a mule account, you clearly spend hundreds of hours playing the game. You can spend 2-3 hours leveling a mule to 25.

If you're playing an alt account and want to mule your currency over to your main, you'll hit 25 long before you have enough currency to warrant muling in the first place.

Stop crying; this change doesn't hurt you.

I am not crying or looking for something to complain about, it is a legitimate concern. I brought it up only just in case it was not a factor taken into consideration.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
"
Qarl wrote:
Fixed a bug where linking an item in chat would sometimes link the wrong item.

Finally! Thanks a lot!
<Tyrfalger> Exactly, the next act is going outside Sarn and into those wheat fields (see the map) to become a farmer. Then we can spend our days endlessly farming. Wait a minute...
Very good job guys ! Maybe it would be also a good idea to make level restriction higher for some rare currency like exalted, eternal or mirror.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info