0.11.0e Patch Notes

"
lamboexile wrote:
I think the level 25 restriction wasn’t made to be something to “stop RMT” in its tracks. It does slow them down, but the real purpose is that the RMT characters will usually follow a very similar pattern especially a bot. This restriction gives GGG 25 levels of data about a character’s behavior that will help them sniff out these guys. Well done, I don’t know you guys even respond to complainers, which some percentage are probably using the RMT sites. Great game guys loving Anarchy league.

"
whrsmycoffee wrote:
Change is big. RMT sites will want to automate the lvling process (botting). This provides extra opportunity to find and ban the accounts before the damage is done.

This is genious.

i think these guys get it more than the ones who whinin about no trade before a certain lvl...now GGG has plenty of time to learn botters/rmt habits. where to look and what to look for and now all the evil bastards have to work harder lol...what a kik in the pants!
[quote="Mark_GGG"]damage modifiers don't can currently can't apply to degen.[/quote]
"Getting all life nods on passive tree should give additional survival, not the mandatory basic survival."
.\1.2/
..\3/
[img]http://ertaislament.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/pentavus.jpg[/img]
It's better to do it this way, rather than ruining the game with an RMAH

While i give GGG a +1 for trying to continue their fight against RMT's. I dont know if this lvl restriction is a good thing.

I myself would think the best way to combat RMT's is to remove peoples need or feeling like they need RMT's to get by or to do stuff. Ive always been a big believer in the phrase....Give a man a fish feed him for a day....Teach the man how to fish feed him for a life time. Maybe GGG should look at the possible reasons why people would feel the need/desire to turn to RMT instead of just playing the game.

By no means am i defending nor condoning the actions of those who use RMT's. I just looking to point out other possible ways that GGG could possibly combat them.

After reading through 17 pages of responses the general feeling was. RROOOARRRRR!!!! and i dont give a damn about new people. And yet its those same new people combined with the continued support of the old that will give GGG the resources they need to actually give us new content on a regular basis.

I definitely think that GGG should let new players know ahead of time with a pop up box or some thing that hey just so you know kinda thing. you cant trade orbs/crafting mats till your lvl 25 we did this in an effort to curb illegal real money transactions.
"
Moesan wrote:
I definitely think that GGG should let new players know ahead of time with a pop up box or some thing that hey just so you know kinda thing. you cant trade orbs/crafting mats till your lvl 25 we did this in an effort to curb illegal real money transactions.

I fully support this change that GGG has made. It may not be the only thing driving inflation, but I believe it does enough harm to warrant attention. It's a good idea, and I believe that they're doing other stuff behind the scenes in addition to this. We'll see how it goes, but I like where this is heading.

Meanwhile, I do second your idea of a little info box. To expand on it, I thought they might want to post a single, generic pop up that directs people to the official forums to learn more about the game (including item value), to prevent them from being ripped off, or from making costly mistakes early on. Personal disclaimer that I haven't been in that situation, having played online games for years.

P.S. I do wonder just how much of an effect RMT has had on the game's economy thus far?
"
dr3af wrote:

Yes ,it will slow down a legit player too, but only for the first 25 levels of his first character. I think every new player can say "i'm ok with that" if GGG also creates a nice "excuse" message on each new player who is trying to trade. That way new players will get why this helps and is a good trade-off for the game's economy!

So, GGG think about adding a message to new accounts! In case you didn't already!Players love good and honest explanation and you are the best company for that!

I doubt new, legit players will even notice. It's only "currency items", excluding portal/wisdom scrolls, that cannot be traded. A group of new players just starting out can trade all the equip-able items/scrolls they want. And before they know it, they will be level 25 and running around in Act 2. Even new players with a high level friends can be twinked with equip-able items and stacks of scrolls. It's just currency items they cannot receive, which when just truly starting out, they have no use for, nor probably any idea how/when/why to use.

Anyway, awesome job GGG.
"
Synchro69 wrote:
It's a good step to reduce RMT, but it does not address the issue at all at the same time. Level 25 can be reached within 1 hour tops. Bots / multiboxers will have several accounts up to 25 within that 1 hour.
Funny, because looking at the results for 90 minute races, it seems only one or two get to 25 before the race ends, and that's with full manual control.
"
Moesan wrote:
I myself would think the best way to combat RMT's is to remove peoples need or feeling like they need RMT's to get by or to do stuff. Ive always been a big believer in the phrase....Give a man a fish feed him for a day....Teach the man how to fish feed him for a life time. Maybe GGG should look at the possible reasons why people would feel the need/desire to turn to RMT instead of just playing the game.

By no means am i defending nor condoning the actions of those who use RMT's. I just looking to point out other possible ways that GGG could possibly combat them.
When you spend an entire paragraph sympathizing with RMT buyers, you are defending and condoning their actions; actually condone is the perfect word to describe the behavior. Adding a disclaimer afterwards saying that you aren't is nothing but denial.

Here's how it really works: Botters come in and shit all over the economy. Because trading has become harder, random user gets frustrated and feels the temptation to buy some items with real money. When he does, he fund the very botters who came in and shat all over the economy. How anyone extracts a "hey, this is GGG's fault" out of that is completely beyond me.

Yes, GGG has work to do. But it's not their fault they have to do the work; it's the fault of the RMT buyers who are fucking it up for everyone. It's merely GGG's job, just like it's the job of the guy that has to clean the restroom at McDonald's. You don't go up to him and say "You should have thought of ways to make it easier to pee inside the urinal." So stop telling GGG that they have to remove the temptation to RMT.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jun 14, 2013, 3:25:08 PM
"
"
Chris wrote:
It will not be worth their time to bother with our game. We are not going to give up this fight.

Then you're a bigger fool then I thought you were. It is literally impossible for you to stop it. Ever. It always amazes me how stuck in the past you are, but making an insane statement like that is mind blowing. Its really saddening that you have such a lack of understanding of how and why RMT happens.

The audacity/ignorance that you think you're going to show up over a decade after something has started and do what no company has ever really done...wow. Stop wasting time on pointless things that have no real effect on your game and fix/balance something.

Ban him soon please.
IGN: Gonorreitor
"
Synchro69 wrote:
I don't believe anyone can come up with solution to webpages like d2jsp.

Remove all trading (easy mode) from the game.
King of Off Topic
Noble intentions. While its probably possible to make PoE such a hard nut to crack that the vast majority of rmt sites give up in favor of easier and more profitable targets, its also probably likely that the time and resources required to do so are well beyond the scope of a small indie team with a free to play business model. Best of luck with the battle in any case.

Cant say im fond of the trading restriction, as it will have some negative effect on legitimate players (however minor). It also sets an unsavory precedent that im concerned will end up being expanded upon later.

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
As an interesting unintended consequence, a subset of sweatshop farmers is going to become very good at 90 minute races.

This was the first thing i though of when i read about the new trading restriction. Funny stuff.
IGN: KoTao
Great change. I seriously doubt this will impact anyone legit. Also like that now they can probably track a new account that levels to 25, gets tons of orbs from one account, then trades to another never using the account rushed to 25 again. Ban all of them.
Best results as Ranger
rank 29 (1 Hr Lethal TI Solo (S02E148))
rank 40 (2 Hr Fixed Seed Solo (S02E249))
rank 49 (1 Hour BLAMT Solo (S02E258))

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info