0.11.0e Patch Notes

"
Moesan wrote:
I myself would think the best way to combat RMT's is to remove peoples need or feeling like they need RMT's to get by or to do stuff. Ive always been a big believer in the phrase....Give a man a fish feed him for a day....Teach the man how to fish feed him for a life time. Maybe GGG should look at the possible reasons why people would feel the need/desire to turn to RMT instead of just playing the game.

By no means am i defending nor condoning the actions of those who use RMT's. I just looking to point out other possible ways that GGG could possibly combat them.

When you spend an entire paragraph sympathizing with RMT buyers, you are defending and condoning their actions; actually condone is the perfect word to describe the behavior. Adding a disclaimer afterwards saying that you aren't is nothing but denial.

Here's how it really works: Botters come in and shit all over the economy. Because trading has become harder, random user gets frustrated and feels the temptation to buy some items with real money. When he does, he fund the very botters who came in and shat all over the economy. How anyone extracts a "hey, this is GGG's fault" out of that is completely beyond me.

Yes, GGG has work to do. But it's not their fault they have to do the work; it's the fault of the RMT buyers who are fucking it up for everyone. It's merely GGG's job, just like it's the job of the guy that has to clean the restroom at McDonald's. You don't go up to him and say "You should have thought of ways to make it easier to pee inside the urinal." So stop telling GGG that they have to remove the temptation to RMT.[/quote]

herp derp im sorry i forgot this is PoE forums.....you either agree completely with what ever GGG does or dont post. i thought this game was beta and that player input might possibly be taken into consideration for improved development. herp derp i forgot GGG does no wrong. hold on a sec ill go get my fanboi panties an pull them up so tight it looks like a thong! then we can take pics together and talk about how awesome POE!! is!! together in our nakedness!!!111

yes i know full well that the RMT buyers are just as much at fault as the RMT sellers. thats a friggin no brainer. all i was trying to do was provide possible other ways that GGG could stop RMT's. but apparently you dont do that. apparently all one can do is froth at the mouth and hang on GGG's every word/action like a drugged out street whore begging for another 8 ball of crack.

as far as the toilet analogy. that has happened already. thats why all restaurants now have handicapped wheel chair accessible toilets in them. wait what??? change can some times be good. NO FRIGGIN WAY!! you wouldnt go up to the guy that cleans the toilets he doesnt own nor run a McDonalds you'd go to their corporate office and file a complaint. aka GGG is the corporate office of PoE....no wai sai wha? the real way you stop RMT's is to disable all trade period. and up the drop rate of all orbs by %500 and then you just let people find/craft their gears. but ya that'll never happen would be to much QQ of those who just flip items all day instead of playing the game.
Last edited by Moesan on Jun 14, 2013, 4:28:39 PM
^^
Uh no it's just that their solution is better than yours. Every game has sad sack cheaters that don't want to put the time into playing games and reaping the rewards properly. You aren't supposed to have epic loot and the top end currency within 2 weeks. That's the end game and the reward, the loot. It shouldn't be easy to obtain. So upping the orbs drops 500% is a silly idea and doesn't work within the structure of this game. There are plenty of other ARPGS out there maybe you should try one of those that better fits your idea of a crafting system and economy.
Best results as Ranger
rank 29 (1 Hr Lethal TI Solo (S02E148))
rank 40 (2 Hr Fixed Seed Solo (S02E249))
rank 49 (1 Hour BLAMT Solo (S02E258))
^
^
Disabling all trade is the stupidest idea I've read in a while.
I appreciate the changes. Thanks GGG.
now new players cant get gems/items they need asap? oh well hopefully self found will become the new thing now
Ign: FillyRampage / FillyJetstream / FillyOctavia
MLP 4 Life
It is my pleasure.
"
Twily wrote:
now new players cant get gems/items they need asap? oh well hopefully self found will become the new thing now
Don't new players generally play the game for a while before they start to build around a bunch of other gems and items? Just about any character can make it to 25 before needing to trade. Once an account has at least one character of 25 or higher they can trade on any new characters on that account. So, new players aren't really affected that much.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
"
Qarl wrote:
Version 0.11.0e
[li]Fixed a bug where linking an item in chat would sometimes link the wrong item.[/li]
[/list]

No more [Stale Link] ? or it just wrong items?
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
You guys fixed my vaal problem, I emailed you. You guys are awesome <3
"
Moesan wrote:
the real way you stop RMT's is to disable all trade period. and up the drop rate of all orbs by %500 and then you just let people find/craft their gears. but ya that'll never happen would be to much QQ of those who just flip items all day instead of playing the game.

These "hardcore" gamers (traders) like Path of Economy as it is. I'm sure Trading Gear Games will continue to accommodate them.
King of Off Topic
Last edited by BillNRND on Jun 14, 2013, 7:00:57 PM
As someone who uses mule accounts for rare storage (name matching recipes), I think this change is great. It doesn't affect me much, about the only time it would affect me is if I needed a new account for additional muling and I traded in the matched rares on that account. The simple solution is to not trade in rares on new accounts. Easy as pie.
How Fusings Work: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/38585/page/3#p1451934

IGN: TheHammer

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info