0.10.8c Patch Notes

Lotta complaints about the curse nerf in this thread. I gotta say it sounds great. Temp/Enfeeble made so many bosses way too easy.

I hope GGG continues to stick to its guns and keep this game challenging. If anyone can beat all the content with time investment, the game is too easy. I personally have never even attempted a 75+ map and am happy to say I am willing to admit I'm not the best PoE player. But I want there to be things I can't accomplish easily in this game. I want to lose HC characters to low-level maps, act bosses and unexpected events with mundane enemies alike.

Bring out the nerf bat!

"
Ketsu wrote:
So much negative posts about this change, IT SHOULD BE RECONSIDERED.

:( hate this patch
negative +1
The curse change is not well thought out. It hurts the average player in spite of the "elite" player/manipulator of game mechanics. I have another idea for (I think) a better remedy:

I think the best solution would be for each enemy to be capable of being affected by 100% of a curse. Once a second curse is cast upon him they each (all) become 50% affective. A third, they are each (all) 33.33...% effective. Fourth, (all) 25% [effective] and so on. What do you think about this idea?

I am only not sure how the items/passives that allow multiple curses from one player would affect this, perhaps there should not be a limit placed on curses and the items/nodes should be changed into 100% increase curse affect. Then players with the modifier can still get 100% from 2 curses, while players without get 50% if they choose to apply 2 curses.
Last edited by piperazinedream on May 20, 2013, 6:41:03 PM
"
slyme wrote:
The curse change is not well thought out. It hurts the average player in spite of the "elite" player/manipulator of game mechanics.

It seems that PoE goes more and more "hardcore". Good for the Pro-Gamers, bad for average players like me who just plays from time to time for fun.

I see it coming, at the end, only Kripparrian & Co. will be able to play and survive PoE. :D

I switched back to Diablo 3 (at the moment), it's more relaxing and I don't get angry and turn into Hulk because in D3 you don't loose 15% XP during deaths. PoE is still a great game but so incredible frustrating sometimes, really not a "relaxing game" at all.
Last edited by Fusion_Power on May 20, 2013, 6:50:33 PM
no wonder this game is F2P, try fix some of the fundamental crap instead, like the uber shitty preformance, memory leaks and crafting.
For those who see the nerf to curses as a game-breaking change, you should realize that this was a needed nerf. This game is still beta and things will be overpowered and things will be underpowered before things are balanced. Get over it.

If you are complaining about how useless this patch is, you probably haven't realized that this patch is just a stepping stone before the next big patch, 0.11.0, coming very soon...
Identifying items on the ground: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1562689
Talismans as quest rewards: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1690768
"
Brigs wrote:
For those who see the nerf to curses as a game-breaking change, you should realize that this was a needed nerf. This game is still beta and things will be overpowered and things will be underpowered before things are balanced. Get over it.

If you are complaining about how useless this patch is, you probably haven't realized that this patch is just a stepping stone before the next big patch, 0.11.0, coming very soon...

You don't need to nerf PvE. It's not like Brutus or Piety is complaining about curse being OP. It plain stupid to nerf PvE. GGG needs to spend time making the game fun, more contents, and fix bugs.
"
Brigs wrote:

It may be needed eventually, but right now "overpowered" defensive curses are the only thing propping melee builds up against certain bosses with absurd one-shot abilities. Nerfing these defensive curses without first addressing that problem just fucks melee even harder - and melee are already pretty fucked compared to ranged.

If this change goes live, the message they're sending is that the only valid gear choice for melee is Kaom's Heart. The fact that one item is the only choice is bad enough, but that further means that dual wield and 1h+shield melee builds are out the window. 2h or bust, because you can't use Koams unless you use a 2h to get enough links.

I'm not going to say that a curse nerf is out of the question, but it is absurd to do it before addressing this issue.
"
brevven wrote:
Lotta complaints about the curse nerf in this thread. I gotta say it sounds great. Temp/Enfeeble made so many bosses way too easy.

I hope GGG continues to stick to its guns and keep this game challenging. If anyone can beat all the content with time investment, the game is too easy. I personally have never even attempted a 75+ map and am happy to say I am willing to admit I'm not the best PoE player. But I want there to be things I can't accomplish easily in this game. I want to lose HC characters to low-level maps, act bosses and unexpected events with mundane enemies alike.

Bring out the nerf bat!

What you wrote is just what will make me and tons others quit the game or already have quit already. People should be steam rolling content at this point, we still have another half of act 3 and all of act 4 which will be released which raise difficulty there is no reason if you are over lv'd you shouldnt be beating content easy. Maps are a temp end game, a 75 map should not be hard for a lv 80 lol how does that make sense when through the rest of the game content is equal to your lv?

A game should be hard and challenging the first time you go through it not after you have spent countless hours farming. I enjoyed the game much more in normal and cruel mode before the game got hard enough it made me go through everything slow and safe(I am melee, not one of you summoner/duel totem/max health muarder rangers. Think about it like sports, do people want slow and boaring? If they did Football wouldnt own sports like Soccer and Hockey in income and popularity. Why did basketball change rules to have less defense and more shooting/free throws over the last 15 years? People want action, fun, entertainment. They don't want to grind long hours in fear.

Lot of complants means the community doesnt support the change, and they do not agree with you in the way foward you are saying you want this game going.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info