0.10.8c Patch Notes

I'm really disappointed in the curse change. I hope you guys reconsider it. Merciless Vaal is scary enough while cursed pre-patch.
"
tbc_of_gen0 wrote:
Some of you really need to take your self-entitlement elsewhere. These guys are making a free game for you. They make an update that you don't like, and you treat them like this? Shame on you. Instead of demanding things and saying they "ruined the game", be constructive and give legitimate ideas.

As for the content idea, I do agree with this guy.
"
astralgazer wrote:
Why don't you make it something like 25% reduction for the 1st curse, 50% reduction for 2nd curse, 75% reduction for 3rd curse, and so on. This would effectively prevent using more than 2 curses.

This seems like a pretty solid fix for the issue that the devs seem to be trying to fix.

Keep up the great work devs. I trust that you'll work out any problems that arise from this patch and I hope people remember this is A BETA, and thus there will be balance issues sometimes.

There is no need to give a legitimate idea of change when the larger % of players feel no nerf at all was needed for curses. There are an extremily small % of people abusing curses most of which abuse them due to dimound unique items with GGG put in the game.

Want an idea for change here: If you spent the 9 points to get the extra curse passive both your curses work 100% effectiveness. Any extra curse from an item such as the boots or ring have its effectiveness cut by 50%. Allow a max of 2 curses per mobs, and give curses 2 independent spots so people with 1 curse arent always over writing a person with the passive/item. People specced into whispers of doom can now apply 1 curse to curse immune mobs. Reduce the mana cost of all curses. Reduce enfeeble by 15% overall.
"
Qarl wrote:
This patch should be deployed tomorrow.

Version 0.10.8c
  • Act and map bosses now have reduced effect of curses on them.

Suggestion

You wanna nerf curses? Cool, but dont nerf the people who specifically go for a curse build. I would suggest to either add a couple of nodes that nulify this nerf for people who are willing to pay for it or even add it as an additional effect to Hexmaster.

The curse area is complete trash to begin with and for most builds simply a complete waste of points, let alone that you have to get garbage nodes like curse cast speed to finally get the node you so desire.
"
Malzarius wrote:

There is no need to give a legitimate idea of change when the larger % of players feel no nerf at all was needed for curses. There are an extremily small % of people abusing curses most of which abuse them due to dimound unique items with GGG put in the game.

Want an idea for change here: If you spent the 9 points to get the extra curse passive both your curses work 100% effectiveness. Any extra curse from an item such as the boots or ring have its effectiveness cut by 50%. Allow a max of 2 curses per mobs, and give curses 2 independent spots so people with 1 curse arent always over writing a person with the passive/item. People specced into whispers of doom can now apply 1 curse to curse immune mobs. Reduce the mana cost of all curses. Reduce enfeeble by 15% overall.

Well that's the point of discussing it, rather than having the QQ kids on this thread muddying it up.
"
Qarl wrote:

[li]Act and map bosses now have reduced effect of curses on them.[/li]

Curse stacking should have been nerfed for the very few that have the ability and gear to do it, you should not have nerfed curses across the board this negatively affects thousands substantially more who only use one curse or put the passive points into two. The curse stacking uniques were the problem.

Not very happy with this at all.
Last edited by johnce6 on May 20, 2013, 4:36:10 PM
"
THEHORNEDRAT wrote:
So how do you know if an enemy blocks your hit?

Do you see them block? Currently it appears you have missed.
If so, how does this effect resolute technique? Can they block your always-hitting hits now?

RT stops enemies from evading your attacks, not blocking them.
IGN = Dellusions_Duelist
"
Rory wrote:
"
Spikey00 wrote:
"
Act and map bosses now have reduced effect of curses on them.

Beyond the question that was already asked above, is this a consistent reduction of curse effects across all bosses or is it variable?

These monsters, and their equivalent versions in Maps have 50% reduced curse effect:

Brutus
Vaal Oversoul
Merveil
Piety (Does not apply in the Crematorium)

All other Map bosses have 40% reduced curse effect!

Bosses and map bosses are already hardly worth killing so I find this surprising.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
"
tbc_of_gen0 wrote:
Some of you really need to take your self-entitlement elsewhere. These guys are making a free game for you. They make an update that you don't like, and you treat them like this? Shame on you. Instead of demanding things and saying they "ruined the game", be constructive and give legitimate ideas.

For starters, on your second post in 3 weeks of registering/playing, I believe your feedback on the matter holds a bit less weight than others'. Also, very few doomcallers here claiming this will have "ruined the game" and many more expressing disappointment, giving constructive ideas, or simply not wanting such a massive change to sneak in without pushback.

Also, the game is only free until someone has invested money into the game, and make no mistake about it; these guys aren't doing this tor charity or with no intention to at least make a living doing so.

"
tbc_of_gen0 wrote:
Keep up the great work devs. I trust that you'll work out any problems that arise from this patch and I hope people remember this is A BETA, and thus there will be balance issues sometimes.

Seems to me a more gradual approach that potentially introduces fewer problems in the first place would be preferable to one that sweepingly changes a core mechanic that has long existed in its current state.

Changes are expected. Balance fixes as well. However, fine-tuning a bit at a time is far easier to swallow than potentially breaking certain things on a whim which is what this change looks like.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw
"
Koaxx wrote:
For starters, on your second post in 3 weeks of registering/playing, I believe your feedback on the matter holds a bit less weight than others'. Also, very few doomcallers here claiming this will have "ruined the game" and many more expressing disappointment, giving constructive ideas, or simply not wanting such a massive change to sneak in without pushback.

My time here doesn't have anything to do with the veracity of my post here. Not only am I a game developer myself, I've beta and alpha tested many other games and watched their progress. Quite a few people here are saying they're "mad at the devs" and how they are wrongdoing them because it inconveniences them.

It's selfish and wrong. As I said before: providing legitimate ideas for a new way of going about the fix would be far more appropriate than whining and flooding the thread with useless word vomit.

"
Koaxx wrote:
Also, the game is only free until someone has invested money into the game, and make no mistake about it; these guys aren't doing this tor charity or with no intention to at least make a living doing so.

Look at Artix Entertainment. While they have memberships and ways to pay to make yourself better at the game, they still manage the F2P aspect fantastically.

I'm pretty sure the PoE devs will keep this free with the microtransactions that they have now. They'll probably just expand them more.

Regardless, your point is moot to mine. My point is they are making a free game. Whether it is in the future or not is irrelevant. They are making it free NOW, and don't owe it to a couple angry players to bend over backwards to them.

"
Koaxx wrote:
Seems to me a more gradual approach that potentially introduces fewer problems in the first place would be preferable to one that sweepingly changes a core mechanic that has long existed in its current state.

Changes are expected. Balance fixes as well. However, fine-tuning a bit at a time is far easier to swallow than potentially breaking certain things on a whim which is what this change looks like.

Yes, a more gradual approach would probably be more apt. However, that isn't what happened. That is why, as I said earlier, players should be providing better alternatives rather than just bitching and whining.

The devs will see how this works out. If it doesn't work, it will be modified. I doubt this 50% change will stay permanently. In the meantime, it would be best to test out the new change rather than screaming about it before its implemented and make legitimate suggestions on how to better manage the update or fix any potential new problems arising from it.
So getting elemntal users to starve at point where I do a map with %increase elemntal resist and boss with imbued resist makes no sense? Quit or kill boss for long period? Grotto witch with extra fire res vs fire build? How you will counteract that kind of overress with penalty on eleweakness getting cut to 50% ~> -23% ? Even stacking with -fireres curse will just hit arround -45~ -48resist? Bear traps and praying for lols? My dual curse build witch got screwed on some maps, just lovely.

How about cutting down warlordmark for some melee? Some of them can't withstand without wm.
Maybe don't screw over all curses... So much negative posts about this change, IT SHOULD BE RECONSIDERED.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info