Upcoming Patches

So much tease.
Last edited by Lyralei on May 13, 2013, 7:55:25 AM
"
Will there be a first, major pass on overall performance optimization (preloading skills, minimizing FPS spikes) in that patch Chris? It's been 4 monts since open beta and we still haven't heard any straightforward answer regarding those issues :(

They are not aware of any Radeon and performance issues - they said this in interwiew. You have your answer. :)

Some time ago Chris said on redidit that they have shaders issues with readons cards (thats why all this skill use spikes - shaders generation is borked) and he will look at it.
NOthing changes since then.

So you have another answer.

Combine this with typical answer in long loading times topics (POE ahave longer ones than most 90% AAA games including MMOs that loads whole big zones) - "buy a SSD' and you have picture about how they care about core and technical issues in this game.

Shame...

Good that Kripp will be streaming POE - its what matters apparently.

"
Too bad ur not replying to the core issues i posted.. That people moved on is a fact. U should ask yourself WHY. For me the answer lies in the stuff i posted and not in the fact that the other games are that much better. Neverwinter isn't good, i tried it, its close to Pay 2 Win.

They are preety skiled with ignoring whats really matters.

BTW - most hardcore and devoited players quits the game and htey are 'happy with maps system'... just LOL.
Game designers that are happy with players quitting and with systems that are literelly designed to forbid playing.

Hilariuos stuff here in this answers.
Last edited by KarraKurri on May 13, 2013, 8:00:16 AM
Improved descync, melee buff...

Dayummm...

But wait, there is more!

"Some secret awesomeness that I'm not able to reveal just yet. It's bigger than the other changes in the patch."

I do hope it's an increase to 68+ map drops while doing maps ;]

I really appreciate the effort you put into this game, GGG. You're awesome.

EDIT: just found out Chris wrote:

"I am very happy with the Map system (especially the difficulty to get and stay at high Maps)"

That makes me sad. Grinding 66-67 maps for couple of 68+ is no fun at all.
IGN Kinnat (S) / Sihaam (S) / Aedhammair (S) / Ranulfr (S)
☄ 1.0.0 The Butchery of Mages Patch
Last edited by entropus on May 13, 2013, 8:01:08 AM
"
Harke wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
"
PROguzhan wrote:
This will revive .. or lets say lure more people to play PoE actively :D

We have a lot of active players so I disagree with the term "revive", but I'm certainly looking forward to the big improvements this patch offers. We've been planning it for a while and I'm really glad it's certain enough that we can start to talk about it now.

I dunno.. 1 month ago PoE had like 5500 ppl on twitch, yesterday it had 300.
Right at THIS moment (went and checked) D3 has 2200 viewers and PoE 201)

People move on, especially when you keep ignoring core issues like:

-XP in maps (No Chris, doing 70 maps as lvl 80+ is really no fun, really!)
-RNG (No Chris, putting +1000 fuse in 1 item & not get a 6L is really no fun!)
-Making this game a lot more rewarding item and loot wise

I see that 11 patch won't adress any of those issues, so you're obviously not listening to the community. kinda like the D3 devs except they can afford to because people will keep playing that game no matter what. PoE? Not so much. What a shame. Lots came here from D3 and have moved on to Neverwinter. I expect ppl to go play Grim Dawn as well when beta starts.

Right because a game's popularity is determined by how many people are streaming it and viewing it on streams. Derp.
Many extremely popular games have NO channels on twitch at all, or very sporadic ones at best with a few 100 viewers. It is not a reliable metric, stop pretending it is.

OT: Wooooo!
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
Last edited by CliveHowlitzer on May 13, 2013, 7:58:31 AM
It's appreciated that Chris takes the time and answers to people who stand behind a computer, doing nothng and just bashing on other's work.

If i am the last person on earth to be logged in PoE and still will play it. Why ? Because it has everything i need from a game. It could be improved? Yes, but the core mechanics are here and that's what i love.

The main reason i don't want "easier" features is the same reason why i uninstalled Torchlight 2, Diablo 3 and other similar games. No sense of accomplishment, no real risks, loot fest and click away. No thanks.

People can feel free to play any other game. That doesn't mean we need to know your opinion on how bread can be cut with a vacuum. If you get my point. Go play other games and don't bother other people.

Best patch note : Monster damage.
I assume you have sales data. I wonder if you'd humour me - did player activity increase after stash tabs were daily sales? I play less because I have no room to store my loot, and am waiting for a stash tab bundle sale.
IRON MAN
"
Ursuk wrote:
Will there be a first, major pass on overall performance optimization (preloading skills, minimizing FPS spikes) in that patch Chris? It's been 4 monts since open beta and we still haven't heard any straightforward answer regarding those issues :(

These changes will be in whatever the next patch is when they are ready - we're not holding them off for 0.11.0 or anything. There are a lot of improvements we can make there - some already underway and others that we're waiting for a newly hired additional graphics programmer to get to New Zealand to work on.

"
KarraKurri wrote:
They are not aware of any Radeon and performance issues - they said this in interwiew. You have your answer. :)

This is correct. We have tested Radeon cards and cannot reproduce any Radeon-specific performance issues. Every Radeon user that we have investigated has eventually turned out to have weird settings set in their overall control panel. We don't know what other games are setting these, but it's not something we can control.

If you know of a specific type of Radeon card that causes performance problems with Path of Exile "out of the box" on a clean copy of Windows, please let us know. We will buy one, reproduce the problem and fix it. So far this has not worked out, though!
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Even a 5 % improvement on desync would be a welcome site.
Other stuff sounds alright too.
never party so the loot stuff means nothing to me :P
desync reduction would be good
Last edited by Harke on May 13, 2013, 8:08:53 AM
"
Dreggon wrote:
I assume you have sales data. I wonder if you'd humour me - did player activity increase after stash tabs were daily sales? I play less because I have no room to store my loot, and am waiting for a stash tab bundle sale.

The bundles never went on sale, only individual tabs. IIRC, the sale price was not less than the bundle price.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info