Upcoming Patches

"
KarraKurri wrote:
"
Chris wrote:

I am very happy with the Map system (especially the difficulty to get and stay at high Maps)


There is nothing 'difficult' in beating pure RNG. Monkey can do this with enough time and LUCK.
If this attitude and happiness will not change soon you will 'revive' (this fellow is right btw.. game is basically near death atm compared to 3 months ago) POE preety often.
Just sayin.

Srsly.. you should focus more 9as a game designer) about 'my players are happy' not on 'im happy with crappy system'.

Just sayin again.


Lol...the game is not near death...it had an influx of curios people and sheep, after finding the game wasn't to their liking they left, same with every other online game.
The spirit is weak

It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without violence.

"
mushioov wrote:
More party loot options.

First patch note I don't like. You said you were against meta-options. Why did u change your mind? Caved in for the casuals finally?

"Options" perhaps these options are toggled when creating a group?

Giving group leaders the ability to say weather or not these kinds of changes are even present.

Don't knock it till you've tried it pal, they haven't given us all the info and the OP does read "options"!
Last edited by shiftnative on May 13, 2013 11:37 AM
Sounds like a patch worth waiting for. Good show GGG!
*drum roll*
IGN: Flashy | League:Nemesis | Time Zone: GMT 0 (UK) | Play Time: 10:00 - 02:00
"
Chris wrote:
"
PROguzhan wrote:
This will revive .. or lets say lure more people to play PoE actively :D


We have a lot of active players so I disagree with the term "revive", but I'm certainly looking forward to the big improvements this patch offers. We've been planning it for a while and I'm really glad it's certain enough that we can start to talk about it now.

I dunno.. 1 month ago PoE had like 5500 ppl on twitch, yesterday it had 300.
Right at THIS moment (went and checked) D3 has 2200 viewers and PoE 201)

People move on, especially when you keep ignoring core issues like:

-XP in maps (No Chris, doing 70 maps as lvl 80+ is really no fun, really!)
-RNG (putting +1000 fuse in 1 item & not get a 6L is really no fun!)
-Making this game a lot more rewarding item and loot wise

I see that 11 patch won't adress any of those issues, so you're obviously not listening to the community. kinda like the D3 devs except they can afford to because people will keep playing that game no matter what. PoE? Not so much. What a shame. Lots came here from D3 and have moved on to Neverwinter. I expect ppl to go play Grim Dawn as well when beta starts.
Last edited by Harke on May 13, 2013 12:00 PM
"
Chris wrote:
"
PROguzhan wrote:
This will revive .. or lets say lure more people to play PoE actively :D


We have a lot of active players so I disagree with the term "revive", but I'm certainly looking forward to the big improvements this patch offers. We've been planning it for a while and I'm really glad it's certain enough that we can start to talk about it now.


People like me have been gone because the desync is killing us hardcore players.
I will be back if you're actually fixing it, for the most part, with these upcoming patches.

Thoughts, comments Chris?
Catch me on YouTube, "Ted The Atheist".
I should be pretty clear, because people are already expecting this patch to "fix desync" - our goal for the first changes is just that sync problems that would cause death are caught earlier and resynced. Once that is done properly and you're happy with it, the rest is relatively cosmetic and can be added bit by bit as it is tested.

"
Harke wrote:

I dunno.. 1 month ago PoE had like 3500 ppl on twitch, yesterday it had 300.


I have that data too, and it pretty much shows when Kripparian is streaming PoE vs other games!
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
newmaps
Will there be a first, major pass on overall performance optimization (preloading skills, minimizing FPS spikes) in that patch Chris? It's been 4 monts since open beta and we still haven't heard any straightforward answer regarding those issues :(
"
Chris wrote:
I have that data too, and it pretty much shows when Kripparian is streaming PoE vs other games!

Its not only kripp. Other people like nugiyen moved on aswell.

Too bad ur not replying to the core issues i posted.. That some people moved on is a fact. U should ask yourself WHY. For me the answer lies in the stuff i posted and not in the fact that the other games are that much better. Neverwinter isn't good, i tried it. Its a WoW clone with annoying bugs and its close to Pay 2 Win.
Last edited by Harke on May 13, 2013 11:59 AM
That is the one thing Diablo 3 has over POE for me right now,poe shares loot drops. Nothing like being in a party and having people play like vultures to get all the orbs/yellow drops. It just isn't worth it to party hunt. I refuse to play the "race to the item and click madly hoping I get it" game. I would just as soon not get a drop than have to stop fighting a pack of mobs because an orb dropped.
Last edited by johnduplechain on May 13, 2013 11:56 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info