0.10.7 Patch Notes and adjustments to Season Two Race times

Nerfing LS+MS? Really? Seriously, the game was like 5000 times more fun due to multistrike (100% more AS) and now it is useless. Is there something that devs dont understand about their armor system or why multristrike is so awful? You nerf stuff like LS+MS, and we still have cookie cutter builds like gmp+FP or LA+chain+lmp?. Very dissapointed...
My best char so far https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1211377
Last edited by topcatti on Apr 18, 2013, 8:12:26 AM
"
Chris wrote:
"
H2oGatesy wrote:
Well Im disapointed..... again.

After throwing the towel in with the horrible race times in season one, I had a small hope that S2 would be better.... oh well.

I will just stay away longer. I always said that I'll keep supporting a game as long as it keeps supporting me. Looks like I'll wait to see how S3 turns out, although I dont hold out much hope.

Your timezone has events at 8pm and midnight - what times would you prefer?

A 24-hour solo league restricted to 1 hour of gameplay per person - so everybody can participate, but nobody has an advantage. Think of it like a one-hour league that runs all day.

Example: There are five 12-minute Turbo events on the 27th. I could normally make 4 of those, but I'm at work, so I can at most make 2. I like unforgiving games as much as the next person, but please throw me a bone here. I hate ArenaNet with a passion for running an MMO and having one-time events with unique rewards - it took an exceptional level of boneheadedness for them to do that once, but it took a truly Special mind to do it repeatedly. You're not doing that here, but I don't want you to start.

And these leagues can only be solo so that people don't get frozen while in the middle of someone else's instance.
IRON MAN
Last edited by Dreggon on Apr 18, 2013, 8:19:54 AM
the problem with queueing(?) races is that people can make multiple accounts and take away all the prizes...and since multiple accounts arent forbiden they couldnt set a IP block or something like that

I think there are good race times for everybody. I work, have family and friends and still can make 2 or 3 races in weekdays(west EU timezone). Im happy with that, but i dont have the ambition of winning a season...even if i won all the races i could do, people still will beat me in quantity. If you have a "normal" life, you should just accept that youre not gonna win a season. There are some people out there tha can put in a lot more time that you.
"
Dreggon wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
"
H2oGatesy wrote:
Well Im disapointed..... again.

After throwing the towel in with the horrible race times in season one, I had a small hope that S2 would be better.... oh well.

I will just stay away longer. I always said that I'll keep supporting a game as long as it keeps supporting me. Looks like I'll wait to see how S3 turns out, although I dont hold out much hope.

Your timezone has events at 8pm and midnight - what times would you prefer?

A 24-hour solo league restricted to 1 hour of gameplay per person - so everybody can participate, but nobody has an advantage. Think of it like a one-hour league that runs all day.

Example: There are five 12-minute Turbo events on the 27th. I could normally make 4 of those, but I'm at work, so I can at most make 2. I like unforgiving games as much as the next person, but please throw me a bone here. I hate ArenaNet with a passion for running an MMO and having one-time events with unique rewards - it took an exceptional level of boneheadedness for them to do that once, but it took a truly Special mind to do it repeatedly. You're not doing that here, but I don't want you to start.

And these leagues can only be solo so that people don't get frozen while in the middle of someone else's instance.

The same thing could be accomplished by having a 1 hour race, starting every hour. At then end of the day all the races are compiled into one pool and prizes are awarded by the pool
The game does not adapt to you, you adapt to it.
really nice updates and changes , even though i was going to do a LS+MS build :P.Anyway as for the race time u cant really satisfy everyone as much as u try and people should be happy with 1 race for working day , it would be really stupid for me to think playing more than 3 hours or so in my working days so if i would have a race for day after 5 pm i would be really happy .
Game? Who needs to play the game? Forums are funny enough

"
Delmas wrote:
The same thing could be accomplished by having a 1 hour race, starting every hour. At then end of the day all the races are compiled into one pool and prizes are awarded by the pool

Thats how Races basically work as of now and it motivates no-lifers demoralizing people with way less time at their hands and giving them no chance to compete in high (overall) season ranking.
Sweet, 8pm races, the perfect time! Bring on the RPs!!
Thanks for addressing the players want for long-duration solo races with point prizes. I think a main reason why the between season period evens didn't receive much attention was due to the lack of any prizes for people beyond first place, which would seem to me to be a huge de-motivator.

On the topic of solo leagues, do you have any thoughts in regards to the permanent solo league threads that are appearing all over the forums of late?
Still waiting on a Move Only keybind.....I suppose I can create a workaround by putting Move Only in the middle mouse slot then binding that slot to spacebar or something, but it would be nice if I didn't have to waste one of the very limited skill slots to do this.
~IGN: Nagisan
"
Nagisan wrote:
Still waiting on a Move Only keybind.....I suppose I can create a workaround by putting Move Only in the middle mouse slot then binding that slot to spacebar or something, but it would be nice if I didn't have to waste one of the very limited skill slots to do this.

Wait what? They just gave us a bunch more key options and you can put move to any of them...
IGN: FireFlameSputter (Hardcore) Defunctive (Default)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info