anyone saw blizzard new season content? LOL

It is the worst patch I have ever seen in any game. As if D4 wasn't grindy and boring enough, they doubled down and nerfed xp and defenses making it take much longer now to level. How they think a game that boring is going to be played by dads and casuals who they said they were targeting IDK.

All I know is that patch moved me over to never logging in to that game again as it stands currently. I am so sick of the Blizzard mentality that you must suffer to have fun. I'm not going to play a game that says I have to earn having fun. If I'm not having fun from the start I will find something else to fill my time with.

I am a dad I may not be so casual, but my time being respected is important to me. There is no comparison as to which game is more dad friendly. I don't want to spend 40 hours leveling to 70 or 80. Nope not going to do it. PoE may be more complicated, but I don't have to play the same boring zone 50 times in a row to get my levels. I can have fun while playing the game. I don't have to be lvl 70 for the fun to start.
POE players complain so hard they complain about other games on a POE forum.

I know Leagues are lasting 5 months and you cant throw a tantrum about POE league content as often.. but this is getting desperate.
"
SPYDER680 wrote:

I know Leagues are lasting 5 months and you cant throw a tantrum about POE league content as often.. but this is getting desperate.

Complaining? LMAO LOOK IT THE D4 COMMUNITY RIGHT NOW and you have the audacity to say POE players are complaining HAHA
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Jul 18, 2023, 7:26:30 PM
"
Coconutdoggy wrote:
"
SPYDER680 wrote:

Complaining? LMAO LOOK IT THE D4 COMMUNITY RIGHT NOW and you have the audacity to say POE players are complaining HAHA

I mean.. every league forum is full of how bad league or X is.

The only Video Game meta these days is Crying.

Yea i thing D4 league is meh, but yea....
Complaining is more fun in general than gushing praises imho

Spewing poison have a cathartic feel praising just lacks

Also, most funny memes, posts, videos and reviews are born by people complaining, articles bashing the product can be funny, articles just praising are yawn-fiestas
"
SPYDER680 wrote:

Complain? This is more like laughing that they would nuke their game from orbit with nerfs harder than expedition in a game that already took Krip around 250 hours to level from 1-100. And they say they are targeting the casual audience.

If anyone thought PoE was bad, they just made Expedition nerfs look light. One of the stupid nerfs they did would be like reducing the drop rate of maps by 60% and then saying you only get loot now every other map. That's what they did to players main source of loot in the end game.

Or to nerf Trickster defense by 40% and their damage out put when they are already one of the weakest Ascendancies in the game, but leave RF untouched and leave Elementalist and Occultist untouched.

It's comical how bad Blizzard has doubled down on making their community suffer to have to have fun, and how people should re-evaluate their complaining about GGG.
"
Phrazz wrote:
Well, most of us 'knew' that Diablo 4 seasonal additions would be somewhat lackluster compared to PoE. That in itself isn't necessarily a negative thing; more isn't always better.

But I struggle to see how PoE players that repeatedly critique PoE leagues as "shit", "boring" or "lackluster" can defend Diablo's approach. I'm also curious about the MTX approach here in a $70 game, which a lot of people defended because "it's going to be a live service game with tons of addons each season".

Mr. DS is on a probation, I think, so he'll probably be unavailable for this one.

I'll give it a shot.

D4 sold a lot of copies and some people like it. Tens of millions of copies sold. It's objectively good.
"
Phrazz wrote:
Well, most of us 'knew' that Diablo 4 seasonal additions would be somewhat lackluster compared to PoE. That in itself isn't necessarily a negative thing; more isn't always better.

But I struggle to see how PoE players that repeatedly critique PoE leagues as "shit", "boring" or "lackluster" can defend Diablo's approach. I'm also curious about the MTX approach here in a $70 game, which a lot of people defended because "it's going to be a live service game with tons of addons each season".

Mr. DS is on a probation, I think, so he'll probably be unavailable for this one.

Hahah that threw me for a loop -- I was known as DS for years on Battle.Net and have, like Diabloski, been something of a fast and loose DIV apologist.

More isn't always better is the key here. Not to mention DIV vanilla came with a heck of a lot more meat on its bones than PoE in any one given state (ie not taking into account the accumulation of league creep) -- you don't really need to add that much to keep even lightly interested DIV players going.

So "shit", "boring" and "lackluster" aren't really synonymous with "sparing" or "simple". Some pretty complex things can also be boring, lackluster or, subjectively, shit.

But what we cannot say is that DIV season content is in any way more satisfying than PoE league content since, well, each is tailored to complement its respective core game.

I know, I am being reasonable here and in a thread of this nature, it's rather unExilean of me, but eh. It is what it is. The two games continue to coexist peacefully outside of petty little pugilistic parlours such as this place. Most DIV players likely have little to no experience with PoE; most Exiles likely have little to no interest in playing any other ARPG because PoE is the best at giving them what they want/need.

For lack of a decent Diabloski response, I hope this helps if even a little.

My relationship to DIV s1 is a bit more personal: it drops the same day as the horse ranch expansion for The Sims and omg has it brought out the childhood horsegirl in my partner. Soooo I will probably just stick with casual Elden Ring altoholism and let her have the gaming conversation remote for a while. :)
The name says it all.
Last edited by 鬼殺し on Jul 18, 2023, 8:53:49 PM
"
SPYDER680 wrote:

Yes PoE Players are all the same and every opinion in this forum reflects every poe Players opinion and overall behaviour.
This now also includes you because you posted here.
If someone starts a sentence with throwing a lot of people in the same basket, it always ends with a very smart take.
"
Gopstop22 wrote:
"
"
RandallPOE wrote:
I will still play Hydra/Incinerate fire sorc, much fun owning everything on WT1 at level 90

I read they nuked sorc, less mana regen and pool, effectively making it the worst class to play now.

it already was the worst class

Sorry I can't corroborate this as I quit after completing story mode during early access weekend. I did play a sorc up to I think lvl 54 tier 3, power felt fine, but haven't played any of the other classes to make a comparison.
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info