anyone saw blizzard new season content? LOL

"
Vendetta wrote:
still more people playing d4 than poe...

And even more people are plating Candy Crush.

Comments like that are just BS. A game with a low entry level will always have more players than a game with a high entry level, because the higher the entry level is, the less people out there that are willing to 'pay' that entry level.

Clash of Clans is reporting around 90 million monthly players. Damn, that must be a good game.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Vendetta wrote:
still more people playing d4 than poe...

And even more people are plating Candy Crush.

Comments like that are just BS. A game with a low entry level will always have more players than a game with a high entry level, because the higher the entry level is, the less people out there that are willing to 'pay' that entry level.

Clash of Clans is reporting around 90 million monthly players. Damn, that must be a good game.

Don't forget Raid Shadow Legends, it has to be a great game giving the far more superior player numbers than D4 lol

Not sure why some people always droll over the amount of active players to rate and value game. Besides that it's quite a bold statement since we don't even get a active player count for any of the Blizzard products at all, and the amount of sold copies doesn't reflect the active player count either.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Last edited by Pashid on Jul 23, 2023, 3:17:30 PM
Considering you can absolutely cherry pick any aspect of any game and spin the game as good or bad, the only valid metric is to evaluate what the game has set out to do, has it achieved it, and are players interested in what the game has to offer.

That's why quantity of players is absolutely a metric of how successful it is, all will be regarded as good if it achieves what it set out to do within the players expectation of what the game set out to do. If you evaluate if Candy Crush is a good ARPG, it'll obviously be a "bad" ARPG. The same is true with Diablo, it is successful, trying to argue that it isn't is delusional, but it did failed to meet the players expectation, and that can bite them down the road.

Doesn't matter how "good" a game is, what mechanics it has, graphics, story, gameplay, if no one is interested, it failed. That's why gamers can't ever deny that Raid Shadow Legends was successful, but pretty much everyone says it's trash. Diablo is trash, but it's trendy trash.
Ruthless should be [Removed by Support].
Last edited by AdRonZh3Ro on Jul 23, 2023, 6:41:32 PM
trendy trash is actually spot on hoho.
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
"
AdRonZh3Ro wrote:
The same is true with Diablo, it is successful, trying to argue that it isn't is delusional

That's why no one is doing that. Diablo 4 was going to be successful no matter what. Hell, it would even be successful just through pre-sales without even showing a second of gameplay footage.

And I like your "set out to do" part. Games that "set out to appeal to a more niche audience" will of course fall through any quantity/sale metrics. Diablo 4 "set out to" appeal to 'everyone' and have a very low entry level. That, in addition to being maybe the most iconic franchise in the gaming world, it was going to be successful no matter what - and as you say, disputing that is just madness.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:
That's why no one is doing that.

Oh, I'm sure we can find a few dozen in this forum that would rather die in a cross than agree that any aspect of Diablo is successful. EksDee.
Ruthless should be [Removed by Support].
Last edited by AdRonZh3Ro on Jul 23, 2023, 9:20:35 PM
"
AdRonZh3Ro wrote:
Considering you can absolutely cherry pick any aspect of any game and spin the game as good or bad, the only valid metric is to evaluate what the game has set out to do, has it achieved it, and are players interested in what the game has to offer.

That's why quantity of players is absolutely a metric of how successful it is, all will be regarded as good if it achieves what it set out to do within the players expectation of what the game set out to do. If you evaluate if Candy Crush is a good ARPG, it'll obviously be a "bad" ARPG. The same is true with Diablo, it is successful, trying to argue that it isn't is delusional, but it did failed to meet the players expectation, and that can bite them down the road.

Doesn't matter how "good" a game is, what mechanics it has, graphics, story, gameplay, if no one is interested, it failed. That's why gamers can't ever deny that Raid Shadow Legends was successful, but pretty much everyone says it's trash. Diablo is trash, but it's trendy trash.

Define what it sets out to do? Is it long term engagement? If so why do they not release concurrent player numbers? Its impossible to say Diablo 3 or 4 has had long term engagement or not. Was that their intent in the first place? I dont think so.
It has the worst itemization I've ever seen in an arpg and that's quite an accomplishment
And the renown grind is soooo boring holy shit MAYBE I'll do it again if my family is held at gunpoint.
"
Jonte_84 wrote:
It has the worst itemization I've ever seen in an arpg and that's quite an accomplishment
And the renown grind is soooo boring holy shit MAYBE I'll do it again if my family is held at gunpoint.

One think that i like about itemization in diablo 4 is that there are no tiers for mods. If i drop an ancestral item it wont roll with tier 7 add attack adding 1 damage like happens it poe. There are some useless mods on diablo 4, thats for sure, but its far from the worst itemization i have ever seen.
I have to say that I've always been a big fan of the Diablo universe. D4 is just incredibly boring now. I started playing PoE again and even as much of a grind as it is, I find myself very entertained. there's so many different things to do and systems to learn.

I just need to start learning all the various aspects more in depth and then I should have a fraction of working knowledge about PoE. I would like to mess around with my own builds but that's a ways down the road.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info