The removal of ALL aura specific mastery reservation nodes ruined the league for me

"
SolomonKain wrote:
Yes, it was fun, because there are a bunch of people who don't want to manage buffs. Most builds use 1 primary attack skill, and Auras are easy to support that. Defensive Guard skills all share cooldowns, what else are you supposed to use your gem slots on if not auras?

See, this is an interesting question and I think PoE2 is the answer to it. The new gem system seems to be built for two things:
- easier gear swapping
- using multiple high link skill setups

If we look back at what they have been adding to the game in recent years we see that they like skill combos, having multiple actives and less automation. It started with ED contagion, then we got stuff like orb of storms, hydrosphere or tornado, call of steel, manual-only warcries, more temporary buffs, interactive minions, banners as passive buffs that double as active and so on. I suspect it might be part of their plan to indirectly make people use flasks less, or as Hugh Hefner once said - "I want them all but there's only so many fingers in the hand".

Personally, I like that far more than flask piano, building one skill - fun, building two skills - twice the fun, but I can see that it would rub some the wrong way. PoE never really advertised alch 'n go character building, which was the case at times but I suppose we all can see now that it wasn't really intended, it's possible that they want to make the gameplay more complex too. Now that I think of it, maybe you can thank those that were complaining all this time that:
- All the game is in character builder
- This shit takes zero skill, targeting and awareness
- My babushka can play this while watching turkish soap operas and cooking kompot, blyat
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
I will just stick to Hell let loose until GGGG gets it together. They ain't getting one more penny out of me.
There's pretty close to the same amount of reservation on the board as before, you just need to take a mana mastery now and it'll apply to every aura instead of just some.

*yawns*
I'm genuinely curious about one point a few of you have kicked around: Making bank killing Uber bosses. See the thing is, I've always bulk sold my invites and never ran them after killing each boss once. Not because I can't kill them easily but because in doing the math (value of keys vs. potential value of what they drop) it always left me scratching my head and wondering: "How are the people buying keys to run Ubers not losing their shirts?"

Most of the top valuable drops are like 2% drop rate (so 50 kills to get 1). Yet they sell for less than the price of 50 invites. If you are farming them weeks 1-2, sure I can see it being profitable. But there are people farming them well into weeks 4-8 and beyond.

I get that some people enjoy the fights, the thrill of the gamble that you might be the one to beat the statistical odds and that's fine. But if you guys are suggesting that running ubers is actually profitable, I really don't see it. Anyone have the rough math on why I'm wrong?

Don't get me wrong, I would love for someone to show me the error in my thinking because I would actually love to farm Ubers for a league (not this upcoming, taking a break from a league for once). I just need to see why it's not pretty much a guaranteed loss if I do.
"
dorkdude2 wrote:
"
SuperMotte wrote:
Are you unable to read?
Or am I unable to read?

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3361403
"
Mana Masteries
(New) 12% increased Mana Reservation Efficiency of Skills

don't forget thats a mana mastery, so you are talking at minimum 3 passive points for any build lost(ok lets say 2, because you were spending a mastery point anywyas), and it won't be as equal to the 25% for the one for alot of builds.

Lets say 1, because it is one mastery not two.
"
Baharoth15 wrote:
"
Cyzax wrote:

Look at the new masteries for alternatives... There are so many useful defensive ones that more than make up for the small restriction added on auras...

Ok i'll bite. What are all those incredibly useful defensive masteries you are talking about? ES recover from phys hit, 10% instant leech, 1% max res for full armor gear and maybe 15% increase for using no life armor but that's pretty much it. Rest is niche or outright trash. That's supposed to compensate for 1 or 2 auras? Don't make me laugh.

/edit I guess 10% phys as chaos can actually be counted as well for CI/DF builds.

This whole 1-2 (someone even said 1-3 lol ) auras is totally false.. Go to your build that has both grace/deter and 1 reservation cluster. Unclick it them, on my EA i went from 5% mana to -3% mana that is 8% mana lost. How does that equates to losing 1-2 auras? Given that it gives you back 2 points and you in pretty much every build you can either go for 3-4 point mana reservation which pretty much same reservation as two masteries, or an enchant, or a different anoint. Or maybe lose a banner... It is no where close to losing several auras, it is losing couple of skills points at most.
Baharoth15 and Nomancs going a bit big on this but let me throw my hat in again.

The defense rework was the best sleigh of hand they've done in a while. Now players are fully prone to all penetrating, map mods and new rare mob exposure applies.

For game design this is fine but in practice and lack of compensation it's not.

75/75 Dodge was strictly better on the high end. Just like you could get 75/75 block without glancing blows. Reliable flat mitigation and conversion mitigation the game couldn't take from you.

Hell, Melding of Flesh only lasted 1 league because GGG knew Max Res out performs SS. They removed so many methods to defending ourselves. Either by combo, layering, items or just stats.

We've gotten plenty of power creep but 90% of it is offensive. They somehow managed to go from 3.15's 3-5mil DPS back to 40-50mil in 3 leagues however our defenses never came back. By comparison in Ultimatum I had a character with 1.4mil phys eHP and 800k Elemental with a 70% up-time Immortal Call on 6 charges. You can't make that character anymore.

That character's durability was at the cost of doing 5mil DPS. A fair trade. Now however there is no fair trade which brings the game further to that spam, splat the screen brain dead play. It's obvious GGG has catered far too much to this play style since most of 3.15 changes were reverted and now all progression in the game is measure in splinters, meters or counters. They've been giving the community what they want instead of what they need and it's quite unhealthy for the end game loop. Least IMO. I clear maps and most bosses in a week. Then what? Grind to make maps more trivial?

The game is in dire need of more methodical engagement with enemies. Esp Rares and map Bosses. It can't do this when we do 50mil DPS or move at 150% speed. The same time players trade to defense is now a 1:20 ratio at best so it's not worth building so it's just going to keep spiraling.

"Never trust floating women." -Officer Kirac
"
TemjinGold wrote:
I'm genuinely curious about one point a few of you have kicked around: Making bank killing Uber bosses. See the thing is, I've always bulk sold my invites and never ran them after killing each boss once. Not because I can't kill them easily but because in doing the math (value of keys vs. potential value of what they drop) it always left me scratching my head and wondering: "How are the people buying keys to run Ubers not losing their shirts?"

Most of the top valuable drops are like 2% drop rate (so 50 kills to get 1). Yet they sell for less than the price of 50 invites. If you are farming them weeks 1-2, sure I can see it being profitable. But there are people farming them well into weeks 4-8 and beyond.

I get that some people enjoy the fights, the thrill of the gamble that you might be the one to beat the statistical odds and that's fine. But if you guys are suggesting that running ubers is actually profitable, I really don't see it. Anyone have the rough math on why I'm wrong?

Don't get me wrong, I would love for someone to show me the error in my thinking because I would actually love to farm Ubers for a league (not this upcoming, taking a break from a league for once). I just need to see why it's not pretty much a guaranteed loss if I do.

if u sell the kills, it is very profitable.
"
Latze wrote:
"
TemjinGold wrote:

if u sell the kills, it is very profitable.

That's a good point and one I hadn't thought about. I don't TFT though so can't really be bothered setting that up.
some people are being so extremely shortsighted over those 2 reservation masteries.

- First off, you got 12% generic reservation which is far superior imo

- Second, the grace aura reservation + effect can spawn as a crucible notable on weapons (which means determination must have a similar node).

So you lost nothing and gained a bunch of extra power in the form of 4-8 extra affixes from your 2 weapon slots (some of which are very OP like local added damage and extra support gems)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info