The removal of ALL aura specific mastery reservation nodes ruined the league for me

I just think it's funny at this point. Esp when players try to defend defense nerfs.

Yea, it's small... and constant. Block, Dodge, Immortal Call, Fortify, Second Wind, Inquisitor regen, Zerker Shout regen, Defenses rework, Granite Flask then somehow most the community didn't notice they removed DR from nearly every Ascendancy. You can't make a character half as durable as you could a year ago with using defense auras and that's not an extradition.

GGG forced the community into using defense auras since they removed everything else.
"Never trust floating women." -Officer Kirac
Last edited by Xzorn on Mar 31, 2023, 6:28:37 AM
"
Xzorn wrote:
I just think it's funny at this point. Esp when players try to defend defense nerfs.

Yea, it's small... and constant. Block, Dodge, Immortal Call, Fortify, Second Wind, Inquisitor regen, Zerker Shout regen, Defenses rework, Granite Flask then somehow most the community didn't notice they removed DR from nearly every Ascendancy. You can't make a character half as durable as you could a year ago with using defense auras and that's not an extradition.

GGG forced the community into using defense auras since they removed everything else.

Plus we got AN mods and damage multipliers to all monsters that double/tripple their damage. Shaperballs for example do 15k damage on average now instead of 7,5k. People keep talking about "defense rework" and the "buffs" we got there never even realizing they got fucked. The defense rework just removed low effort defense and replaced it with high effort defenses and then they followed that up by doubling monster damage essentially nerfing both player defense and player damage while 90% of the community cheered for them. It's somewhat admirable honestly.
There's nothing wrong about nerfs... They're the natural response to power creep :-)

Someone also said this well some years back:
"You're supposed to die in this game"
Just that we didn't have any powercreep on the player end since 3.13. We just get weaker every patch while the content get's tougher. Maybe at the absolute top end where Empy and consorts play there is some for a few builds but not for the average guy. This game is supposed to be a powerfantasy but we keep just losing power nonstop both relative and absolute.
"
Baharoth15 wrote:
Just that we didn't have any powercreep on the player end since 3.13. We just get weaker every patch while the content get's tougher. Maybe at the absolute top end where Empy and consorts play there is some for a few builds but not for the average guy. This game is supposed to be a powerfantasy but we keep just losing power nonstop both relative and absolute.

I think we're playing different games, powercreep is constant and huge. Exarch/Eater implicits or masteries to begin with, don't forget about awakened gems too (and they're more common since they can drop not only from Maven now).
Biggest compliments for my crafted items - "bs, they must have been RMT'ed"

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
Last edited by Nomancs on Mar 31, 2023, 7:09:26 AM
A game that is a cakewalk is boring and won't keep players playing it.

Just rolling through content with no thought might seem like being fun, but it only 'seems' to... That's why the nerfbat inevitably have to be taken out on mechanics that facilitate that, like the increased Mana Reservation Efficiency masteries...

"You improvise, you adapt, you overcome!"
- Gunnery Sergeant Thomas Highway
"
Cyzax wrote:

"You improvise, you adapt, you overcome!"
- Gunnery Sergeant Thomas Highway

That is the PoE I enjoy!

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
"
Nomancs wrote:
"
Baharoth15 wrote:

I think we're playing different games, powercreep is constant and huge. Exarch/Eater implicits or masteries to begin with, don't forget about awakened gems too (and they're more common since they can drop not only from Maven now).

Exarch/eater don't provide anything that we didn't have with regular influenced gear and they are mutually exclusive with that. Awakened gems were already there in 3.13. Yes they can drop from map bosses now but the rate is so low it doesn't even matter while Mavens drop rates were nerfed. There is Forbidden Flame/Flesh, Melding of the Flesh and Nimis in terms of new items that acutally provided a powerboost that i could list of the top of my head. Ashes, as good as it is, is inferior to +2 amulets you could have in 3.13 with ease. Omnis is roughly on par or even weaker than general stat stacking. Other stuff that was introduced hardly even sees play. Meanwhile what did we lose?

Support gem nerfs
Flask nerfs
Mana nerfs
passive tree nerfs times two now
mana reservation nerfs times two
defense nerfs
movement skills -> nerfed
cluster jewel nerfs
COC/CWC -> nerfed
dozens of ascendancy nerfs where "filler stats" were just removed
Warcries and second wind -> nerfed
Mana builds -> nerfed
threshold jewels -> removed
a bunch of other important jewels -> removed
bunch of skill gems -> nerfed
Ultimatum stuff -> didn't go core
Sentinels and recombinators -> didn't go core
Kalandra -> didn't go core
Sanctum -> won't go core
AN, well that was powercreep but on the wrong end

Feel free to list important stuff in case i am missing something, i am pretty sure i am but i am also pretty sure it can't even begin to compensate for all those losses.
Last edited by Baharoth15 on Mar 31, 2023, 7:37:18 AM
"
Baharoth15 wrote:
"
Nomancs wrote:
"
Baharoth15 wrote:

Exarch/eater don't provide anything that we didn't have with regular influenced gear and they are mutually exclusive with that. Awakened gems were already there in 3.13. Yes they can drop from map bosses now but the rate is so low it doesn't even matter while Mavens drop rates were nerfed. There is Forbidden Flame/Flesh, Melding of the Flesh and Nimis in terms of new items that acutally provided a powerboost that i could list of the top of my head. Ashes, as good as it is, is inferior to +2 amulets you could have in 3.13 with ease. Omnis is roughly on par or even weaker than general stat stacking. Other stuff that was introduced hardly even sees play. Meanwhile what did we lose?

Support gem nerfs
Flask nerfs
Mana nerfs
passive tree nerfs times two now
mana reservation nerfs times two
defense nerfs
movement skills -> nerfed
cluster jewel nerfs
COC/CWC -> nerfed
dozens of ascendancy nerfs where "filler stats" were just removed
Warcries and second wind -> nerfed
Mana builds -> nerfed
threshold jewels -> removed
a bunch of other important jewels -> removed
bunch of skill gems -> nerfed
Ultimatum stuff -> didn't go core
Sentinels and recombinators -> didn't go core
Kalandra -> didn't go core
Sanctum -> won't go core
AN, well that was powercreep but on the wrong end

Feel free to list important stuff in case i am missing something, i am pretty sure i am but i am also pretty sure it can't even begin to compensate for all those losses.

Most of your list are just fillers, not relevant nerfes (like flasks, we do the piano same as before, maybe with a lil bit more consideration sometimes), or me leap slamming whole map in seconds - where is that movement skill nerf? respect me a little bit more, friend.

If you're saying that cheap exarch/eater items that bring my molten strike extra fire dmg and dmg on marked enemies and that bring nothing to the table because there are some other influenced items that don't bring mods used by this build, then I'm not sure we have a common ground at all here.

And yet, despite all those nerfs, old "one digit in mlns" dps builds that were good 10 leagues ago are now considered to be not enough, because people do "three digits mlns" builds?
100x higher dps than before is no powercreep? Arn't people insta deleting bosses?

Last edited by Nomancs on Mar 31, 2023, 7:52:20 AM
"
Baharoth15 wrote:
Exarch/eater don't provide anything that we didn't have with regular influenced gear and they are mutually exclusive with that.

'We' didn't have that influenced gear... It was hard to craft and too expensive for most people. The new mods are MUCH more available.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info