The removal of ALL aura specific mastery reservation nodes ruined the league for me

"
SuperMotte wrote:
Are you unable to read?
Or am I unable to read?

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3361403
"
Mana Masteries
(New) 12% increased Mana Reservation Efficiency of Skills

don't forget thats a mana mastery, so you are talking at minimum 3 passive points for any build lost(ok lets say 2, because you were spending a mastery point anywyas), and it won't be as equal to the 25% for the one for alot of builds.
Just take defensive auras and make up for it with the crucible weapon trees... Or drop defensive auras for more damage. Auras aren't supposed to be a braindead "stack every relevant aura" in the first place. They haven't been in a good place balance wise for a very long time..
"
Just take defensive auras and make up for it with the crucible weapon trees... Or drop defensive auras for more damage. Auras aren't supposed to be a braindead "stack every relevant aura" in the first place. They haven't been in a good place balance wise for a very long time..

determination, grace, defiance banner is basically mandatory on every build right now unless you are 1 shotting everything or dont mind dying all the time

the only way to run offensive aura is to use divine blessing

all they did this league was make diadem one of the most valuable items in the game
(سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س
Last edited by RitualMurder on Mar 30, 2023, 8:39:58 PM
Mana Masteries
(New) Regenerate 5 Mana per second
Recover 10% of Mana over 1 second when you use a Guard Skill
10% of Damage taken Recouped as Mana
10% reduced Mana Cost of Skills
10% chance to recover 10% of Mana when you use a skill

Also if something this small ruins an entire league for you, it might be time to take a break from the game :)
"
Mana Masteries
(New) Regenerate 5 Mana per second
Recover 10% of Mana over 1 second when you use a Guard Skill
10% of Damage taken Recouped as Mana
10% reduced Mana Cost of Skills
10% chance to recover 10% of Mana when you use a skill

Also if something this small ruins an entire league for you, it might be time to take a break from the game :)

you are not wrong i played less this league that i ever have before
maybe its just time for me to move on from the game for a while

its a shame d4 was so unenjoyable for me or i would just go there

last epoch here i come i guess
(سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س
"
RitualMurder wrote:
I now have 0 hype for this league at all

what a terrible choice

its already hard enough to run the auras we need to stay alive

you basically just made diadem mandatory
great

Well at first there is the new reservation mastery which is by far better than just the 25% for defensive aura x.

Second thing diadem is not the best option for mana reservation. It's just nice for builds without the need for a specific helmet or ES as additional defensive layer.
A crafted mana reservation helmet is still better cause it gives you more reservation and also on top additional useful stats for your build.

"
determination, grace, defiance banner is basically mandatory on every build right now unless you are 1 shotting everything or dont mind dying all the time

the only way to run offensive aura is to use divine blessing

You can run even more without any of the old mastery points. Besides that you are fine to run just one aura unless you play HC and want to be extra safe.
But hey there are plenty of other ways to obtain mana reservation all along the game.

Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Last edited by Pashid on Mar 30, 2023, 9:41:33 PM
I was interested in the league until I read the Patch Notes. Auras AND Molten Shell got nerfed. It seems they have a very narrow Vision for the game.
When something is too good, of.c. it'll get nerfed. That is how game design has to work...

There's plenty of goodies in the new defensive masteries to compensate for this, and not just the 12% general reservation node. They are however more specific, intended for specific build type, not general across-the-board as the individual aura reservation nodes. They're also single-player focused, meaning that this is also a good nerf for group playing and carrying.

Auras are reduced, but I think that is a good idea... Given that most builds stack them to the max., that is enough proof that they were overpowered.

You can still comfortably run two or three auras if you want.

I'll go on a limb here and ask - was stacking auras even any fun in the first place?

If I had to guess the reason, they probably gave us cheaper defensive/utility auras for the cost of one mastery because people like big numbers too much. Now people saw the value and got into the habit of using them, they really did, last time I checked determination had 70% use rate at high level. In softcore. That's pretty amazing, but also kinda ridiculous, so I assume they will now check if the same auras stay popular and decide if defense really should be cheaper or not.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
im glad auras are nerfed by ton. That was not fun, there are no options, every build bases on them.
Game should offer real gameplay, be harder and not zooming siumaltor where more gameplay is in excells than in game.

people should be stop over emotioned and over-stymulated.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info