The removal of ALL aura specific mastery reservation nodes ruined the league for me

It was suggested minion builds would have access to these masteries to somewhat balance all its gear being tied up. Here that is gone.

It's a chore, an unfunny chore. All defenses required and those keep getting removed.
"
RitualMurder wrote:
I now have 0 hype for this league at all

what a terrible choice

It's a choice you should be familiar with since they have tinkered with aura reservations before, when you can get more than 4 on you and your passive choices are to focus heavily on reservation reduction it prety damn obvious that was coming as (like i said) they have done this before with the same reasoning.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
There are TONS of small buffs in this league. I don't get all the whining. The aura specific reservation nodes are CLEARLY easily replaceable by the new mana mastery - well, unless you're running around with one aura, which should make the nerfs a non-issue.

I think people are unable to see the wider picture. Sure, you have to take 2-3 mana nodes, but that's NOT the end of the world if you just use a few minutes to see the alternatives.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
It became a mainstay in almost every build, it was a matter of time. Nerfed or removed, I personally don't care, auras do nothing, I rather have another active ability.
"
RitualMurder wrote:
I now have 0 hype for this league at all

what a terrible choice

its already hard enough to run the auras we need to stay alive

you basically just made diadem mandatory
great

12% global.
chances of getting a beta key 0.000001 %
Determination has 25% increased Mana Reservation Efficiency
Grace has 25% increased Mana Reservation Efficiency
Vitality has 100% increased Mana Reservation Efficiency
Defiance Banner has 100% increased Mana Reservation Efficiency

can you read? i need these masteries to make my build wat is 12% gonna do?
"
Cyzax wrote:
"
Baharoth15 wrote:
Ok i'll bite. What are all those incredibly useful defensive masteries you are talking about?

I said useful, not 'incredibly useful'...

However, that is based on the premise that GGG deemed that aura's in their current state are used by way too many builds as a no-need-to-think mechanic against generally taking damage.
This evaluation is entirely correct in my opinion. As such, aura nerfs did need to happen.

Remember, nothing prevents you from using aura's... you just have to use one or two less. If your build doesn't work without them, that validates that GGGs evaluation of aura's being too powerful is correct...

As also said, I got through to L97 with ease this league without having to use more than Grace and Aspect of the Cat.

Look at the new masteries with new eyes, and see how well they'll synergise with the reduced number of aura's you can still use. You can not use all the auras you could before, nor should you be able to!

we sure can tell you easily got to lvl 97 and a whole 14 challenges done in a extended league you must be a 1 percenter in the game.
"
we sure can tell you easily got to lvl 97 and a whole 14 challenges done in a extended league you must be a 1 percenter in the game.

Getting to L97 does not make you a 1%'er. It just requires that you know how to level without dying. That's easy.

I've done 14 challenges because I don't give a rats ass about them... Those 14 happened naturally without any effort from me. Why on earth should I bother about 'challenges' someone else has defined?

I have however played since 2014, and I do know the game and its general mechanics.

Being a 1%'er is not a qualification for anything either... except of.c. in the eyes of said 1%'er...
Last edited by Cyzax on Apr 3, 2023, 4:10:02 AM
"
Cyzax wrote:
I'm glad I noticed the new reservation mastery and didn't have a knee jerk reaction as a result.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info