D4 will probably not beat PoE 2, but...

I don't even drink beer. I just thought the analogy was apt. =9[.]9=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
forget D4, diablo 3 is beating poe when it comes to qol by a mile and its embarrassing tbh. were 10 years in, ggg needs to get their heads out of the sand when it comes to qol, a lot of their ideas are so outdated and seem based on a principal they had when they were theorycrafting poe and have nothing to do with the reality of playing 1000s of hours of poe in 2023.

ive been meaning to make a feedback thread on it, after the league buzz has died down ive got a few feedback threads like that need made.

if they want their game to maximise its potential when they launch poe2 they need to get their heads in the game when it comes to qol now, implement it now, bug fix and streamline it now before poe2 comes out.

"
Nubatron wrote:

2M for each league feels very very high though. Maybe across the lifetime of POE.

chris has stated that multiple millions of accounts log in every league. theres bots in there, theres bots in d3 figures too, people had bot farms with 100s of bots in d3 and those are all on their sales figures for copies. they used to do the same thing poe does, they would do a ban wave and that would trigger a ton of sales because 50k bots just got deleted and need a new copy/currency tab. the bots were playing for themselves easily through the rmah.

poe must have had so many accounts by now, it was 10 million accounts in about 2014/15, and the game was tiny then compared to now. wouldnt surprise me if theres been 50-100 million accounts made. my guess would be about 10-20% of them are real individual people who have played the game, the other 80-90% are bots and alt accounts.

right now the game is hitting 250k conc players, i know maybe 30 people from guilds well who are dedicated poe fans, none of them have played the last few leagues, most of them havent played in the last year. they will play poe2 tho, games been out 10 years, people need breaks. i think theres more poe players who are long term fans not playing any given league than playing it. the numbers gonna be way higher than 2 million across the 10 year life of the game given 1/4 million people are peaking at one time in leagues.

i reckon D4 is gonna hit 10 million copies sold by the end of the year. i wouldnt be surprised if it hit that in the first month tbh. i didnt play the beta, my ex streamed it for me on discord tho, she played 2 days, looked awesome. dont rly matter if it holds up over time, the first impression was big thumbs up and thats gonna shift copies.

Pretty sure d4 already made more money and game not even out yet
probably not beat ? XD

u must be nice delusional if you think that.
but keep at it, i usually just dont argue with someone way more stupid
"
nibas wrote:
it revealed, once again, that PoE users' experience is stuck in the 2000s and GGG won't budge to improve it any time soon. I'm not even going to mention trade system improvements, just one small thing. Inventory auto-sort. Heck, Titan Quest had this in 2006. D4's combat fluidity, presentation (besides the terrible UI) and mechanical responsiveness are absolutely spot on and will put PoE 2's "new engine" to shame, sad to say it. PoE 2's arrows that get stuck/bounce off the wall and new gem system (which will probably lead to even greater balance issues due to the increased number of 6-linked skill gems available to players) are NOT the flex GGG thinks they are. PoE players need more QoL improvements, but as it looks right now PoE2 will just introduce new issues on top of a poor gameplay engine/design philosophy. I hope that whatever they have prepared for the next ExileCon will prove us wrong.

D4 could be a literal dog turd and it will beat PoE; the numbers won't be in the same ballpark. These companies don't play in the same sandpit.
"
Pathological wrote:
"
nibas wrote:
it revealed, once again, that PoE users' experience is stuck in the 2000s and GGG won't budge to improve it any time soon. I'm not even going to mention trade system improvements, just one small thing. Inventory auto-sort. Heck, Titan Quest had this in 2006. D4's combat fluidity, presentation (besides the terrible UI) and mechanical responsiveness are absolutely spot on and will put PoE 2's "new engine" to shame, sad to say it. PoE 2's arrows that get stuck/bounce off the wall and new gem system (which will probably lead to even greater balance issues due to the increased number of 6-linked skill gems available to players) are NOT the flex GGG thinks they are. PoE players need more QoL improvements, but as it looks right now PoE2 will just introduce new issues on top of a poor gameplay engine/design philosophy. I hope that whatever they have prepared for the next ExileCon will prove us wrong.

D4 could be a literal dog turd and it will beat PoE; the numbers won't be in the same ballpark. These companies don't play in the same sandpit.

Yes, they kind of do play in the same sandpit. Who else would you want to compare PoE with?
"
nibas wrote:
"
Pathological wrote:
"
nibas wrote:

Yes, they kind of do play in the same sandpit. Who else would you want to compare PoE with?

The fact that there isn't a better comparison doesn't make them a good comparison.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

"
Nubatron wrote:

2M for each league feels very very high though. Maybe across the lifetime of POE.

chris has stated that multiple millions of accounts log in every league. theres bots in there, theres bots in d3 figures too, people had bot farms with 100s of bots in d3 and those are all on their sales figures for copies. they used to do the same thing poe does, they would do a ban wave and that would trigger a ton of sales because 50k bots just got deleted and need a new copy/currency tab. the bots were playing for themselves easily through the rmah.

poe must have had so many accounts by now, it was 10 million accounts in about 2014/15, and the game was tiny then compared to now. wouldnt surprise me if theres been 50-100 million accounts made. my guess would be about 10-20% of them are real individual people who have played the game, the other 80-90% are bots and alt accounts.

right now the game is hitting 250k conc players, i know maybe 30 people from guilds well who are dedicated poe fans, none of them have played the last few leagues, most of them havent played in the last year. they will play poe2 tho, games been out 10 years, people need breaks. i think theres more poe players who are long term fans not playing any given league than playing it. the numbers gonna be way higher than 2 million across the 10 year life of the game given 1/4 million people are peaking at one time in leagues.

i reckon D4 is gonna hit 10 million copies sold by the end of the year. i wouldnt be surprised if it hit that in the first month tbh. i didnt play the beta, my ex streamed it for me on discord tho, she played 2 days, looked awesome. dont rly matter if it holds up over time, the first impression was big thumbs up and thats gonna shift copies.

Yeah, for all accounts there is probably 10's of millions. I was referring to unique user accounts though.
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"
Raycheetah wrote:
"
HeroEvermore wrote:
D4 will make more on pre sales then GGG makes in 10 years, no offense but this is a tiny spec of a game compared to D4.

Which would you prefer? A craft beer, or a Bud Lite? =^[.]^=

Yeah, "Pshh I only drink craft beer" is just as snobby as it sounds.

Unironically enjoying 'American' (pretty sure all that stuff is owned by foreign companies at this point) light lagers is just as awful as it sounds too.

So where does that leave us?
"
innervation wrote:

Unironically enjoying 'American' (pretty sure all that stuff is owned by foreign companies at this point) light lagers is just as awful as it sounds too.

So where does that leave us?

Ideally letting people drink whatever they want without looking down on them for what they decided, or thinking your choice was "better".

High goals for the internet admittedly, but you asked.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on Mar 31, 2023, 11:04:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info