D4 will probably not beat PoE 2, but...

"
xPiranha wrote:
"
Nubatron wrote:
I'm glad I didn't give in to the free try hype this weekend. I just saw the 3080 TI cards being bricked. I have a 3080 TI. :-/
Haha wtf hoho

Yeah, I was a little surprised reading that this morning. I will knock the current Diablo franchise for a lot of things, but optimization and performance would not be top of the list by a long shot.
"
Nubatron wrote:

Move on to D5*

It's hard to fault them, they are making a lot of money with their approach.

I doubt they would make less money if they actually stuck with their game for a while instead of abandoning it after half a year. The ARPG market should be quite decent in size and it's basically empty. So many people sticking with POE despite all it's massive and unneccessary flaws is prove of it. How much of POEs playerbase would still play this game if a relevant alternative or 2 were on the market? I'd say less than 50%. By relevant i mean with similar content update cycles and overall content amount.
Last edited by Baharoth15 on Mar 25, 2023, 10:19:36 AM
"
Baharoth15 wrote:
"
Nubatron wrote:

Move on to D5*

It's hard to fault them, they are making a lot of money with their approach.

I doubt they would make less money if they actually stuck with their game for a while instead of abandoning it after half a year. The ARPG market should be quite decent in size and it's basically empty. So many people sticking with POE despite all it's massive and unneccessary flaws is prove of it. How much of POEs playerbase would still play this game if a relevant alternative or 2 were on the market? I'd say less than 50%. By relevant i mean with similar content update cycles and overall content amount.

Nah, they definitely won't kill it fast. Your timeline seems more in line with what they would do typically. Initial release, a few costly expansions, then life support for a few years, and finally the next iteration of it (D5).
Blizzard is out of lore bosses...

Lilith as more endgame than Diablo, Baal, is just a joke..

I expect in D5 Tyrael to be Fighting Thor..

The whole diablo franchise has become a pure MEME at this point..

70euro for a MEME game.. Think about it..

The really sad part is Blizzard shines the hook and the simpleminded swaloww it without even looking or thinking..

D4 wont last even 3 months before it becomes boring copy-pasta of d3/dimortal.
Last edited by Ivanovv83 on Mar 25, 2023, 10:47:58 AM
What I dont yet understand is why those who are enjoying PoE, or don't like D4, care at all what anyone else does in any other game? Whether is D4, or Elden Ring, or Last Epoch, or FIFA, what is this zero sum game that is being engaged in?

Bottom line is play what you want. You will be ok. Being so mad isn't healthy.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on Mar 25, 2023, 2:08:14 PM
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
What I dont yet understand is why those who are enjoying PoE, or don't like D4, care at all what anyone else does in any other game? Whether is D4, or Elden Ring, or Last Epoch, or FIFA, what is this zero sum game that is being engaged in?

When the casuals complain about how PoE has horrendous quality of life, the mechanics are so obscure and unnecessary complex, GGG be like: "This game is not for you, bud."

Now the PoE veterans complain about how D4 is so dumbdown, game is so simple, itemization is boring, Blizzard be like: "This game is not for you, bud."

PoE fans got a reverse taste of their own medicine. They expected that Diablo4 will be more PoE and less Diablo3. And boys, they got disappointed. It's pretty apparent now that the target audience of PoE and Diablo4 are very different. Both games will be fine as long as GGG or Blizzard don't do something that kills their games.

The Diablo3 refugees can now go back to Diablo4 instead of begging GGG for QoL improvement, etc. GGG won't budge.
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

hoho bonk!
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

Being mad about POE gud, being mad about D4 bad
Last edited by RandallPOE on Mar 25, 2023, 3:32:55 PM
Played a ton of D4 beta, and PoE is far better than D4 overall.

Who gives a shit about graphics and fluid combat when everything else is awful?
"
RandallPOE wrote:
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

Being mad about POE gud, being mad about D4 bad

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info