D4 will probably not beat PoE 2, but...

it revealed, once again, that PoE users' experience is stuck in the 2000s and GGG won't budge to improve it any time soon. I'm not even going to mention trade system improvements, just one small thing. Inventory auto-sort. Heck, Titan Quest had this in 2006. D4's combat fluidity, presentation (besides the terrible UI) and mechanical responsiveness are absolutely spot on and will put PoE 2's "new engine" to shame, sad to say it. PoE 2's arrows that get stuck/bounce off the wall and new gem system (which will probably lead to even greater balance issues due to the increased number of 6-linked skill gems available to players) are NOT the flex GGG thinks they are. PoE players need more QoL improvements, but as it looks right now PoE2 will just introduce new issues on top of a poor gameplay engine/design philosophy. I hope that whatever they have prepared for the next ExileCon will prove us wrong.
Last bumped on Mar 31, 2023, 11:03:51 AM
Call me when it beats Poe1..
"
Ivanovv83 wrote:

Sure thing, bud.
I'm glad I didn't give in to the free try hype this weekend. I just saw the 3080 TI cards being bricked. I have a 3080 TI. :-/
"
Nubatron wrote:
I'm glad I didn't give in to the free try hype this weekend. I just saw the 3080 TI cards being bricked. I have a 3080 TI. :-/

AMD SUPREMACY :d
It won't even beat POE1 lol.
"
Nubatron wrote:
Haha wtf hoho
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
"
Ivanovv83 wrote:

leave your number please, because this call should have happened last week.
Never invite Vorana, Last To Fall at a beer party.
"
Vendetta wrote:
"
Ivanovv83 wrote:

I mean i hate GGGs idiotic stance on Qol and trading more than most but saying D4 is going to beat POE is just delusional. It might win out in concurrent players for a few weeks, if that, but in the long run? D4 will be the overpriced core game, maybe 2 or 3 overpriced DLCs and then end of story. It's not going to last, Blizzard won't care enough to make it so. They will milk the franchise a bit and move on, just like with D3.
"
Baharoth15 wrote:
"
Vendetta wrote:
"
Ivanovv83 wrote:

I mean i hate GGGs idiotic stance on Qol and trading more than most but saying D4 is going to beat POE is just delusional. It might win out in concurrent players for a few weeks, if that, but in the long run? D4 will be the overpriced core game, maybe 2 or 3 overpriced DLCs and then end of story. It's not going to last, Blizzard won't care enough to make it so. They will milk the franchise a bit and move on, just like with D3.

Move on to D5*

It's hard to fault them, they are making a lot of money with their approach.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info