D4 no gud, send me poe2 thx

"
CAKE wrote:
Leveled all D4 classes avaible so far and i gotta say that D4 managed to be downgrade of both D2 and D3 in every way but graphics.
It is basically diablo immortal with less p2w.
I thought that it will be at least able to compete against path of exile 1, but nope. Even the single advantage D3 had(which was how smooth the gameplay in it is) is missing in d4 and got sacrificed for being more "mmo-like"...

What i expected from d4: Game focused on casuals with better graphics, smoother combat, better music, better story, better coop, better feel both visual and sound when hitting enemies than previous diablos.

what i got: Better graphics than d3(it was quite laggy and frames drop a lot but lets assume that gets fixed in 2 months which is hard to believe)

That simply is not enough to justify the $90 price tag(disclaimer i got the game for free).

If path of exile 2 can be path of exile 1 but with slightly better graphics then it is already like 3 times better game in every way.

And even if poe2 gets deleted by god himself, poe 1 is still better in everything but graphics. And lets face it, we do not play arpgs for graphics, good graphics just mean worse performance.

So this "poe killer" will kill itself after the honeymoon phase ends(i give it 3months max)

I get that d4 was not meant to go head-to-head against poe because it is way more casual focused, but it is not good even in the casual sense for there is not that mindless fun of downing hordes like there was in D3. And you can not teleport spam bosses like in d2...

GGG 1 Blizzard 0 see you in poe2 beta.

Where are any of your points? Like you didn't even list a single specific criticism. And there's many you could have.

Well I guess technically you kind of talked about performance, which I'll have to disagree, playing at 21:9 at 2.5k, it was very smooth and usually hit my 144fps cap.

Anyway I mean, at least list your criticisms and offer up solutions.
"
pr13st wrote:
I wonder if D4 is going to make more money than D3 (3.5 million sales first 24 hours / 6.3 million sales first week).

Jesus. Thats a lot of error 37.

I felt it was a given that DIV would outsell D3 but that was me forgetting how people felt about D3 before error 37. I would like to believe a Diablo game without an overt p2w system like the RMAH would curbstomp one that was perversely proud of it, but 2012 was a very different time. It will be very interesting to see how many of the beta testers become purchasers.

We do know that well over a million people tried the beta last weekend, and the burger promotion was US only. So it's probably fair to say they are close to a million units in pre orders already. After this weekend, assuming the test isn't a total shitshow, I expect preorders to jump again. So would that 3.5m units include those or just sales for the 24 hours post release?
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Mar 21, 2023, 10:58:06 PM
"
"
pr13st wrote:
I wonder if D4 is going to make more money than D3 (3.5 million sales first 24 hours / 6.3 million sales first week).

Jesus. Thats a lot of error 37.

I felt it was a given that DIV would outsell D3 but that was me forgetting how people felt about D3 before error 37. I would like to believe a Diablo game without an overt p2w system like the RMAH would curbstomp one that was perversely proud of it, but 2012 was a very different time. It will be very interesting to see how many of the beta testers become purchasers.

We do know that well over a million people tried the beta last weekend, and the burger promotion was US only. So it's probably fair to say they are close to a million units in pre orders already. After this weekend, assuming the test isn't a total shitshow, I expect preorders to jump again. So would that 3.5m units include those or just sales for the 24 hours post release?

Oh their pre-orders are already north of 1 million, of that there is little doubt. After this week of so much talk and buzz, this weekend should be huge. With two months to go, a summer launch window, my god it could be a 5 million total with pre-orders & day 1 purchases scenario.

*also keep in mind the entire video game market is up like 80% since 2012. It's simply just a much larger base of folks interested in games, so the potential statistically is much higher.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on Mar 21, 2023, 11:06:50 PM
BuT aRpGs aRe DeaD...as the kids might snark.

The GF is quick to remind me that Blizzard are shit and do really shitty things and she is 100% right but she did say this while loading up an EA game so y'know ESH. One way or another, ESH. Might as well play what you enjoy in the absence of morally sustainable developer support.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
I still can't understand why people think POE2 going to be brand new game.

It will be a big big expansion, thats it. And i hope it will be great don't get me wrong.

Get your facts straight fellas.
"
Deadandlivin wrote:
What's your point?

People are still gonna play it and the game with launch with 30 times more people playing than during any PoE league.

Dunno why people insist on this being some black and white case where you either play PoE or Diablo4. Just play both, if you don't like it, then don't play it.

Whenever GGG messes up and releases another Expedition or LoK league, log into D4. Whenever Blizzard introduces some bullshit P2W mechanic, log into PoE.
If both games are fun, play both.

PoE is a fantastic game. [Removed By Support]

It's called tribal mentality. Back when we were still monkeys and lived in cave, there was this tribal and that tribal. Obviously, our tribal is better. 'Nuff saying.

Nowadays. it's PoE master-race vs D4 filthy casual.
dont tell OP that has been playing with poe2 features for a while now..
"Parade your victories, hide your defeats. Mortals are so insecure."

Once you break the cycle of fear no angels or demons can whisper you their sweet nothing words.

Retired since crucible.(Not a free tester anymore for a multi billion dollar company).
Last edited by Xystre on Mar 22, 2023, 4:28:24 AM
Yep. They didn't even try to hide that. "Incremental implementation of features" was the official message, which is awesome if you are paying attention but seems a little lacking in confidence on GGG's behalf when it comes to delivering a big, feature-rich, game-changing expansion in one hit.

So it's good for design but kinda bad for marketing.

"
Yep. They didn't even try to hide that. "Incremental implementation of features" was the official message, which is awesome if you are paying attention but seems a little lacking in confidence on GGG's behalf when it comes to delivering a big, feature-rich, game-changing expansion in one hit.

So it's good for design but kinda bad for marketing.

I think the main draw of the 4.0 expansion will be the new acts and new ascendancies. There are things from the previews that look different in terms of camera zoom but I expect that is just for marketing purposes. If the camera is zoomed out further that would be big improvement in my opinion, but I've already convinced myself that isn't the case.

Some of the existing systems in place today will shift like the linking gems rather than items. That is a great change as well. During the campaign I never really link/color anything because it's such a waste.

I know the character models/animations will change, which I guess is important to some people.

New Game? Probably not. Semantic worth fighting over? Also no. :)
"
Nubatron wrote:

I think the main draw of the 4.0 expansion will be the new acts and new ascendancies.

Perhaps, but their track record here isn't spectacular. Hell half the ascendancies choices now are poorly balanced and not played much. Adding 12-16 more could be super problematic. That said I generally agree. I've long said PoE should get more specialized classes and create identities for your character. This is a good way to do that.

The acts are mostly irrelevant in terms of the engame loops, and even then, the endgame isn't new. It's shared with PoE1. So if all that really happens is people choose the new path to get to endgame, is that really a "draw" after the initial experience? Maybe I guess?
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info