D4 no gud, send me poe2 thx

Leveled all D4 classes avaible so far and i gotta say that D4 managed to be downgrade of both D2 and D3 in every way but graphics.
It is basically diablo immortal with less p2w.
I thought that it will be at least able to compete against path of exile 1, but nope. Even the single advantage D3 had(which was how smooth the gameplay in it is) is missing in d4 and got sacrificed for being more "mmo-like"...

What i expected from d4: Game focused on casuals with better graphics, smoother combat, better music, better story, better coop, better feel both visual and sound when hitting enemies than previous diablos.

what i got: Better graphics than d3(it was quite laggy and frames drop a lot but lets assume that gets fixed in 2 months which is hard to believe)

That simply is not enough to justify the $90 price tag(disclaimer i got the game for free).

If path of exile 2 can be path of exile 1 but with slightly better graphics then it is already like 3 times better game in every way.

And even if poe2 gets deleted by god himself, poe 1 is still better in everything but graphics. And lets face it, we do not play arpgs for graphics, good graphics just mean worse performance.

So this "poe killer" will kill itself after the honeymoon phase ends(i give it 3months max)

I get that d4 was not meant to go head-to-head against poe because it is way more casual focused, but it is not good even in the casual sense for there is not that mindless fun of downing hordes like there was in D3. And you can not teleport spam bosses like in d2...

GGG 1 Blizzard 0 see you in poe2 beta.
I feel pretty, Oh, so pretty,
I feel pretty, and witty and gay,
And I pity Any girl who isn’t me today!
Last bumped on Mar 25, 2023, 11:53:25 PM
What's your point?

People are still gonna play it and the game with launch with 30 times more people playing than during any PoE league.

Dunno why people insist on this being some black and white case where you either play PoE or Diablo4. Just play both, if you don't like it, then don't play it.

Whenever GGG messes up and releases another Expedition or LoK league, log into D4. Whenever Blizzard introduces some bullshit P2W mechanic, log into PoE.
If both games are fun, play both.

PoE is a fantastic game. [Removed By Support]
Last edited by RoryF_GGG on Mar 20, 2023, 9:24:49 PM
"
Deadandlivin wrote:
What's your point?

People are still gonna play it and the game with launch with 30 times more people playing than during any PoE league.

Dunno why people insist on this being some black and white case where you either play PoE or Diablo4. Just play both, if you don't like it, then don't play it.

Whenever GGG messes up and releases another Expedition or LoK league, log into D4. Whenever Blizzard introduces some bullshit P2W mechanic, log into PoE.

PoE is a fantastic game. [Removed By Support]

I'll never understand this odd stance that either you play PoE, or you play something else. As you stated, it is possible to play more than one game, but the fact is that fanboys/girls/bots don't seem to understand that. I have 1k hours in Grim Dawn, over 2k in PoE, over 1.5k is D3. When I get bored with one I move on to another.

But..it doesn't matter...these threads will just keep happening over and over. It would be nice if mods would nuke them.
Well at least D4 has a release date and soon. PoE 4.0, whenever that actually comes, is basically a big mystery. I can't even remember when we heard anything new about it? A couple of years now?

So they are approaching 5 years in development now, for essentially an expansion to an existing game, which is pretty wild tbh. And they have been extremely tight lipped about it. Who know when we will actually see this come to fruition. Likely in Q1 of 2024 if everything goes well, and perhaps even longer past that.

Giving D4 all that time to hash out and add content can only work against them. D4 on the other hand will be so big that it won't matter much what PoE does. Sure they can exist in the same space but it won't be a 1v1 contest.

And again that's totally fine. I think the hardcore PoE Andy's won't like Diablo much, just like the average PoE player will probably eat up most of what D4 has. I guess we will find out in couple months.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
Deadandlivin wrote:
What's your point?

PoE is a fantastic game. But GGG fanboys like you are extremely cringe.
We get it. PoE is your favorite game. No one cares.

main takeaway from watching the beta on twitch was that d4 is not an arpg anymore its an mmo which i dont enjoy
hate the open world boss bullshit

so i have little interest in it too bad they made world of diablo instead of a real arpg

really says a lot about how dominant POE is that blizzard just noped out of the entire genre cus they know they cant compete with POE as an arpg anymore
(سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س
Clearly every single Exile that uses this forum needs to make a thread about how a game not made for them is not made for them. I mean you could be playing the game that IS made for you instead but eh where's the attention in that?

I made the mistake of deciding to watch the first twenty minutes of the game last night after my bedtime. That was a quick hour. I don't get how people can watch other people play PoE but a more cinematic set up like DIV's? Quite entertaining.

Totally different sort of game to PoE now. And thankfully so. Nice to see the spectrum of ARPGs at play. You are basically comparing two great grandchildren here -- both might be able to trace a shared lineage but obviously they are going to be very different people. That's awesome imo.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Mar 21, 2023, 2:50:21 AM
"
Clearly every single Exile that uses this forum needs to make a thread about how a game not made for them is not made for them. I mean you could be playing the game that IS made for you instead but eh where's the attention in that?

They just need their dose of copium, to cope with the fact that they will probably play with 10k players on league launches.

By doing threads like this they try to influence people to hate d4 and just think about POE.

If they don't do threads like this then people will not know about their opinion about how Blizzard lost the battle even though they lost nothing, and poe still addresses to a niche community while diablo will make millions just by selling the game :))...The only thing Blizzard lost is thread OP, which is a valuable customer, a distinct member of Blizzard society, and a terrible lost for their company. They will just close the curtains and let diablo 4 die in 3 month's as the OP bluntly predicted in his spiritual sessions, because without him and his support they have already lost a war that they didn't start, they are not entertaining and are not even a part of !

You know, they need to believe in something, they are hanging on every thread like this to cling for their sanity, instead of just going on and playing POE which they love it so much but never get past level 80 and 10 hours a league for some reason.
Never invite Vorana, Last To Fall at a beer party.
Last edited by Vendetta on Mar 21, 2023, 2:57:25 AM
...I just hope Crucible is enough to settle their kettles for a while because PoE 4.0 is a ways off.

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
I reckon we will get big POE2 news after crucible. They wanted it released after D4 which has taken longer than expected.

now with D4 being a console mmo confirmed, POE2 can't come soon enough.
"
RitualMurder wrote:
"
Deadandlivin wrote:
What's your point?

PoE is a fantastic game. But GGG fanboys like you are extremely cringe.
We get it. PoE is your favorite game. No one cares.

main takeaway from watching the beta on twitch was that d4 is not an arpg anymore its an mmo which i dont enjoy
hate the open world boss bullshit

so i have little interest in it too bad they made world of diablo instead of a real arpg

really says a lot about how dominant POE is that blizzard just noped out of the entire genre cus they know they cant compete with POE as an arpg anymore

I don't think you understand how many more people are going to be playing D4 compared to PoE. In blizzards eyes, the reason why they are introducing more MMO elements to their ARPG isn't because they can't "compete" with PoE. It's because they think it's what they envision is the future of ARPGs and how to push the genre forward.

Even if you personally don't like the MMO elements for whatever reasons, Blizzard think the majority will which is why they have them. It's pretty evident that Blizzard aren't trying to take market shares from PoE. Blizzard doesn't give a crap about the 50k people who play PoE. The game in trouble is Lost Ark.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info