D4 no gud, send me poe2 thx

No.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Well just finished Necro to 25. Very smooth! Druid tomorrow and that completes all five to twenty-five. Then I will be ready to make my video...
Spoiler
Lol just kidding.

Seriously though, the beta went about as well as anyone could have expected for a franchise and a game that has basically unlimited potential in the market.

I have seen nothing that concerns me to a great degree. Some things need tweaking for sure, but the core of the game is absolutely solid. This is going to be my main game for a long time if the endgame and live service hold up (which admittedly is a big unknown still, but nothing indicates it will be bad or unfixable)

This summer should be amazing for gaming, not just for Diablo, but wow, I'm looking forward to this launch now. It will be fun to take part in something historical, because I think the interest and players will create some eye watering totals. Perhaps top 5 in games of all time? It won't touch GTA, but 10 million the first month seems doable if the day-one launch & preorders has 4 or 5 million. Just insane numbers for an arpg.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Played the Beta, had fun, hit 20 for the wolf pup. D4 is the best of Lost Ark combined with the best of Diablo. Combat feels like Diablo, so does itemization, rest of the game feels like Lost Ark set in Sanctuary.
"
jdp29 wrote:
Played the Beta, had fun, hit 20 for the wolf pup. D4 is the best of Lost Ark combined with the best of Diablo. Combat feels like Diablo, so does itemization, rest of the game feels like Lost Ark set in Sanctuary.

You're going to need to be more specific about "the best of Diablo". Based upon what I've seen, I think you mean Diablo 3.
"
Nubatron wrote:
"
jdp29 wrote:

You're going to need to be more specific about "the best of Diablo". Based upon what I've seen, I think you mean Diablo 3.

Best of Diablo probably means the world and combat.

D2 was great back in the day, definitely GOATed but it doesn't hold up too well today. Only good aspect of D2 was itemization, but even then PoE does D2 itemization but ten times better.
Been playing free beta with Druid for few hours last night.

Good things

1) Ambiance - so dark it's almost depressing
2) Graphics - beautiful except for skills
3) Music and sound fx
4) Story

Bad things

1) Combat - so damn clunky it's unbearably annoying. By default move, attack and interact are bounded. If you separate the keys, then you have to assign 3 keys each of the action. If you don't separate say goodbye to proper positioning.

Also cursor doesn't detect enemies accurately enough, so it's really annoying to cast ranged skills at distance as it will often move to their position instead of attacking from range.

2) Skills are meh and again clunky to operate. Something GGG also has to realize, "tactical" gameplay in these kind of games sucks balls and it shouldn't be pushed that way!

3) Dumbed down game a lot

4) Painfully slow for my taste

5) End game will be nowhere near PoE good, that's clear. D4 is just baby game in terms of content and depth.

6) whole bunch of bugs which made me appreciate how polished PoE is in that regard

7) constant rubber banding when walking

There's long long way to go for D4 to be really good.

Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Mar 25, 2023, 6:14:22 AM
"
Deadandlivin wrote:
"
Nubatron wrote:
"
jdp29 wrote:

Best of Diablo probably means the world and combat.

D2 was great back in the day, definitely GOATed but it doesn't hold up too well today. Only good aspect of D2 was itemization, but even then PoE does D2 itemization but ten times better.

They specifically referenced itemization, which had me thinking D2 for a moment, because D3 itemization was not a high point for the game for me. I guess D3 itemization is good if you're looking for simplicity -- but I tend to think of itemization as having a lot of choices.

I'm inclined to agree they meant graphics and combat even though they said itemization. The graphics were too cartoon like for me, but they were good if you like that sort of thing.
Last edited by Nubatron on Mar 25, 2023, 6:19:49 AM
"

I'm inclined to agree they meant graphics and combat even though they said itemization. The graphics were too cartoon like for me, but they were good if you like that sort of thing.

Personally I think the D3 itemization is good if your intent is to create a game you're supposed to play over the course of a week. For longevity it's obviously bad.
The problem with D3 items wasn't the items themselves but how you acquired them. It was too easy and after a couple of hours you had everything you needed for a finished build. After that, all you did was farm the same items with better stats which inherently is super boring.
Personally, I didn't think the insane modifier numbers on the items were a problem, eventhough most hate it. In the end, the only thing I care about is how many spellcasts/attacks I need to throw out to kill something. Whether I do 1k or 1 quadrillion damage doesn't really matter if both cases do 40% of a targets HP.
The writing didn't hurt me even once. As with Fallen Order, it is exactly as good as it needs to be.

Not that many Exiles care about these things, but yknow. It does matter to other sorts of gamers.

So with 1 act done, a bunch of cool side quests completed (some of which are not at all signposted, which is awesome), a few dungeons cleared, a whole heap of interesting npc dialogue and interactable objects found...

I can see nothing in DIV that would appeal to someone who still gets what they want from an ARPG out of PoE.

Good thing being "gud" for Exiles was not the assignment.

I hope Exilecon23 and the eventuality of PoE 4.0 leaves you guys half as happy as I am with DIV. :)
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info