I tried the D4 Beta. I think PoE is going to be just fine.

why is there so much smack talk towards D4? is it because people just hate blzzard and they are going to talk bad regardless of what they do?
i'm watching mathil play the necromancer and it looks so much fun. compare that to act 1 and 2 in poe? leveling in poe is a boring chore
"
yeknoms wrote:
but that keeps old builds still viable without removing them from the game, but not leaving them as *the best*.

I pretty much agree with what you said above.

Just want to add that GGG actually tried to nerf 'moderately'. What happened was that people usually tried to make their old builds work by crafting more expensive gears, abusing new mechanics/items, etc. To the point that there is no middle ground anymore. lol.
Last edited by Networm13 on Mar 24, 2023, 6:38:32 PM
"
Lyutsifer665 wrote:
why is there so much smack talk towards D4? is it because people just hate blzzard and they are going to talk bad regardless of what they do?
i'm watching mathil play the necromancer and it looks so much fun. compare that to act 1 and 2 in poe? leveling in poe is a boring chore

It's absolute horsesh*t that's why.

I played D3 at a top level, including a monk in top 5 HC after season end as others.

D4 is blatantly designed to be a mobile/cross platform mass appeal shiny "ARPG". Now I am not saying for casual playing or some people this can't be worth the price tag but I don't thin D4 will even compete with POE1 let alone 2.

Their dev team keeps changing, it shows. They are more worried about political appearances and mass appeal than doing anything innovative or risky.

They are too scared after their lawsuit to even have a sexy female model/customization. All the faces and body types for females are masculine, this political body image and keeping up appearance has created a 4th wall in all their gaming. They are spineless, it's insulting to your playerbase. I won't even go to the other blatant virtue signals evident in their gaming, this post isn't about that.

For the love of god the itemization is atrocious (and end game) it's all like d3 just dmg modifiers and reduction in dmg. Very console.

The art and design is fully Diablo 3, walking down stairs and traveling around if you played D3 a lot you'll keep going "Wow this looks like D3". Even the item text down to blacksmith materials are all still the same from D3.

Maybe the later acts it gets better but honestly I would rate it 5-5.5/10 based on the beta, maybe a 6 at best based on all end game information we have. I don't see how it could jsut radically be a different game because it's A5, it's very clear the designs and systems in place are exactly how they want it to be.

So why do people sh*t on D4 so much? Because 23 years after a franchise installment they still haven't superseded it. They clearly don't have the passion and are going the more laziest route for mass appeal - like all their games now.

POE2 has NOTHING to fear - and I am not a POE fanboy, in fact I don't really enjoy POE1 anymore but D4 I wanted to gouge my eyes out of boredom.
Last edited by poeGT on Mar 25, 2023, 9:05:18 AM
As soon as i saw that d3remake/d-immortal hybrid abomination with the same gameplay and little bit more complex skills i just went back doing maps..

Poe has nothing to fear from that meme game.
"
Ivanovv83 wrote:
As soon as i saw that d3remake/d-immortal hybrid abomination with the same gameplay and little bit more complex skills i just went back doing maps..

Poe has nothing to fear from that meme game.

Yeah it's shocking how far they have fallen when 2 installment on a franchise after 23 years adn they can't beat it.

They truly are now about a corporate political image, they are in damage control and are 100% going for mass appeal, mass profit, with minimal development efforts.

This is now a shareholder owned corporation who are so scared of social politics that they redid a characters "ass" because some few projecting idiots said it was "sexist" sexist to look sexy, absurd and any gaming company with integrity would simply state that's their design and you're welcome to not play. But no, they redid it completely lol.

It's quite a farce really, and sadly this is the first major Diablo game I won't buy. No more a PC passion gaming company.
Last edited by poeGT on Mar 25, 2023, 11:04:52 AM
Actiblizzard should be avoided at all cost..

The quality of their games is all times low and their greed is limitless..
I deleted my wow account ,which had sc2 and diablo 3 in it . Also i litteraly throwed the game disks into the garbage. For me personally d3 was a massive scam , and they are doing it again.

I am much more willing to buy resident evil 4 remake than that trash called d4..
Infact i just bought the r4 remake. Its awesome.
Would have never said that but for me D4 was a buy after like the first 10 minutes of the open beta.

It's got that D2 rpg vibe together with all these modern little things from the newest games going on and at the same time it's so reminiscent to what poe was before tencent
Gives streamers & friends queue priority and leaves supporters who spent hundreds $ packs in the 100k queue.

GGG: Don't you guys follow streamers?
Last edited by ZaeN on Mar 25, 2023, 1:17:51 PM
I've tried all the classes except rogue now. Necro and sorc feel good. Barb felt good once I got to level 15 or so. Druid is unplayable. Just terrible and clunky in every way possible. If a skill doesn't feel as good to play as a skill in Diablo 3 then Blizzard needs to go back to the drawing board and copy from Diablo 3.

Diablo 4 could be a really great game in the future. I don't think there's any chance that it will be great at launch. It will take at least a year for them to put together something that people will want to come back to every 3 months. I'll still be playing it at launch and so will everybody else though. Everybody will play the first season whenever that is released too.
Played the beta, its nothing special which is scary considering the amount of resources that Blizzard has. They hired Rod Ferguson to lead, the guy who ruined Gears of War as executive producer. Here's his contributions.

According to Blizzard employees speaking under anonymity, Fergusson held weekly Zoom meetings (dubbed "Rodcasts") during development of Diablo IV, where Team 3's attrition rate was discussed, and employee survey results shared. According to said employees, not much came out of these meetings. When asked about the issue by the Washington Post, Fergusson refused to comment.

He also prefers to play Diablo on console instead of PC so the 6 button skill limit increase is gonna get smacked down hard. Thats just "one" of the talented execs spearheading production on this whacky game. Past leads were the likes of David Kim "the WoW systems designer and the guy who ruined SC2 for 6 years" and others. Blizzards like the Wal-Mart I use to work at when I was 18. Its full of incompetent idiots whose seniority got them promoted up higher and higher till they just ended up ruining everything.

D4 is good for casual and console players. dont get delusional that you get something ells in end game then few world bosses and same 5 dungeons to grind with insane backtrackings.

All in all as long POE and D4 rotate they seasons with like 2months apart its all good. As it is i cant imagine playing D4 more then 50-60H at best.

(still no idea how cash shop looks. i wonder if blizz is stupid or greedy to add gems in cash shop)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info