Will the Sanctum League go Core?

"
Possu81 wrote:
"
Wait a second, so all our existing relics (including sanctified) are useless? That's crap, especially if it's coming back later on. We should be able to take our sanctified relics to standard.

If that is the case then why in the heck weren't they tradeable this league if they were all just getting deleted anyways!!??

This was stated in the beginning very clearly. Relics and especially invocations are probably too much power creep which I agree. They wanted those to be this league's spice.

Incorrect, they said they were probably too powerful which is why they made them not tradable...which I was fine with.

Now, knowing that they are just going to be deleted at the end what was the point of having them in the first place? I've been running all league, probably 300+ sanctums to try and get 2 or 3 specific relics. Haven't gotten them yet. Now, there is no point in even trying. Granted I wasn't going to use it in Standard anyways, but just like anything else, it's a collection piece. If I'm being honest if I would have know up front that these would be deleted at the end of the league I probably wouldn't have done a single sanctum over the required amount for the challenges.

It used to be that I would look forward to leagues as they would progress the overall game, but over the last couple years leagues are nothing more than a testing ground for POE2 where they give us something fun (sometimes) and then just take it away for the "future" which in the case of some leagues might as well be forever.

Standard IGN: _DipDodgeDuck_
"
_shinnen wrote:
Just need to nerf the loot a bit and its fine, make it accessible on demand like Delve (with tradable access item) and dont let it block other map spawned mechanics. Not sure what to do about the relicts, maybe make it so they are time limited like for the next 30 maps or something like the flask enchantments.

Relics are completely fine the way they are as long as they are account bound.

Standard IGN: _DipDodgeDuck_
"
albert2006xp wrote:
Never bring it back. Resolve does not belong in PoE. It ignores all the work you put into defenses. It's the only mechanic I just don't have the will to 40/40 since Heist.

Worst league you've done in years. It's just for bad players that build squishy characters and only invest in damage. Keep it away from the game.

Yes, thats my thoughts exactly. I wish i never see it again. Absolutly the worst league ever. I have never had a leagu where i skipped it 99.9% of the time, and i have played all leagues since launch and for me this league rank as the worst ever.

Fair enough.

Edit: Nerf the loot?!? What's to nerf? Sanctum was fun for a while, but I don't think I ever found anything better than a few chaos orbs.

"
_shinnen wrote:
Just need to nerf the loot a bit and its fine, make it accessible on demand like Delve (with tradable access item) and dont let it block other map spawned mechanics. Not sure what to do about the relicts, maybe make it so they are time limited like for the next 30 maps or something like the flask enchantments.
Last edited by ScreenName on Mar 2, 2023, 5:30:27 PM
"
melkoriii wrote:

Making it so in the main game "Keys" to doors drop and are tradable then you go to the Sanctum to just Run it till you run out of keys.

This... was a great idea!

I hated that the suckyhole alway was in the middle of where I was supposed to be, expedition, ritual..
I personally didn't liked Sanctum that much, tried to avoid the hole :)

Love POE! Only game that I play nowdays..

Have a nice day!
Oohh.. Look at that!
YES! what a bored league for melee, just for minions totem and spark exploiters it was fun
sedantes
take my relics, they're all worth nothing. also the best drop from sanctum has been an alchemy orb in ruthless :)
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Mar 2, 2023, 5:27:24 PM
Good choice. in its current form its way too disruptive to the main game and enlarges the gap between build achetypes.

I think currently we have enough good leagues (starting to miss Ultimatum) those just need some tweaks let it be either rewards or QoL. The work that Sanctum requires to be a core feature is probably best spent somewhere else at the moment.
So "Ultimatum treatment". Gotcha. See you in 5 years/never, Divinia.
Remove the nimis and sin rings
BluntHonesty at your Service.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info