Ruthless is a mistake and will likely kill the game

I honestly think that Ruthless is an attempt to anchor player expectations (as regards to loot drops) way lower as a way to avoid addressing the larger loot-dropping problem the game has.

I anticipate future conversations about loot to turn into "well, Ruthless is really what the devs want, so you should be happy with the way loot is in the main game."
- here's my sig
"
I honestly think that Ruthless is an attempt to anchor player expectations (as regards to loot drops) way lower as a way to avoid addressing the larger loot-dropping problem the game has.

I anticipate future conversations about loot to turn into "well, Ruthless is really what the devs want, so you should be happy with the way loot is in the main game."

I think this next league coming up will be very loot generous! I think Ruthless is just a way for those who want to play more difficult content with much less loot...

I think GGG learned their lesson the last league. The player retention was very low, and GGG does NOT want to see that again. Sure GGG may prefer giving less loot, but if you build it and they don't come, then it's not a win situation for GGG. They want to be able to continue to sell supporter packs and stash tabs, but they can't do that if numbers are dropping. It's all about the $$$$ bottom line, and you can bet your ass that GGG was not happy with what the tons of negative feedback they got last league and the low retention numbers. If you think that GGG wants to repeat that same mistake, you are kidding yourselves.
No.
"

This is probably true as this sentiment lingers even though no one said it explicitly.

I would say with 99% certainty that it's not "pet project". Too much time so far has been devoted to it.

ps
I just don't trust them anymore.
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Nov 26, 2022, 3:15:22 PM
"
Alendert wrote:
We all know that Standart is a waste bin and everyone play Leagues. I hope non ruthless will become a waste bin too.

If you want non ruthless, which is basically leagues to truly became a wastbin like you want it to, then you obviously want GGG to fail as a company, because players would leave in droves and GGG would be in lots of trouble, and we know that they don't want that to happen..
Last edited by Mentoya on Nov 26, 2022, 3:25:38 PM
"
Mentoya wrote:
"

I think this next league coming up will be very loot generous! I think Ruthless is just a way for those who want to play more difficult content with much less loot...

I think GGG learned their lesson the last league. The player retention was very low, and GGG does NOT want to see that again. Sure GGG may prefer giving less loot, but if you build it and they don't come, then it's not a win situation for GGG. They want to be able to continue to sell supporter packs and stash tabs, but they can't do that if numbers are dropping. It's all about the $$$$ bottom line, and you can bet your ass that GGG was not happy with what the tons of negative feedback they got last league and the low retention numbers. If you think that GGG wants to repeat that same mistake, you are kidding yourselves.
Player retention doesn't actually support the game, they only care about the sales they make during the hype period before a league drops which is why they are able to make unpopular changes to the game because most of the money comes from people that will buy their things regardless.
"
Player retention doesn't actually support the game, they only care about the sales they make during the hype period before a league drops which is why they are able to make unpopular changes to the game because most of the money comes from people that will buy their things regardless.

That might be true, but I've talked to many people who said that unlike previous leagues they don't plan to buy any supporter packs or anything else until they see how the league/loot table turns out, and that' only from the handful of players I've talked to. So there are probably lots of other players who feel the same way...Previously it wasn't an issue and players were more than willing to buy blindly, but due to lack of game reward, times have changed. I myself stopped buying stash tabs and I use to buy them every league to support the company, but after this last league and significant loot reduction, I'm going to wait and see if I want to give them anymore money...

I mean, POE doesn't look good if there are very few people playing it. It will trickle down to their finances eventually...That's why I think this next league will be loot generous...
Last edited by Mentoya on Nov 26, 2022, 3:42:42 PM
How many times must we have this discussion?

Ruthless is a SIDE PROJECT. Nothing to do with the base game. Are people really blind and deaf or do they intentionally do not want to understand?
"
lupasvasile wrote:

Ruthless is a SIDE PROJECT. Nothing to do with the base game. Are people really blind and deaf or do they intentionally do not want to understand?
Those people somehow believe that the existence of Ruthless will hold the base game hostage or something.
"
lupasvasile wrote:

It clearly doesn't matter, because people "just don't trust them". So if something CAN be interpreted as a negative, people will do all they can to portray it that way.

Ruthless is more or less a side project made by two guys at GGG outside of job hours you say? "Don't believe it, and they are poring WAY too much resources into it".

Ruthless is a side pet project and will in no way influence the main game you say? "Don't believe it, and it will affect the main game in the worst possible way".

Ruthless is made for a handful of players, seeking a niche, old-school experience you say? "Don't believe it. It's made because of X negative reason".
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Nov 26, 2022, 3:50:32 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info