Ruthless is a mistake and will likely kill the game

"
Phrazz wrote:
"
lupasvasile wrote:
How many times must we have this discussion?

Ruthless is a SIDE PROJECT. Nothing to do with the base game. Are people really blind and deaf or do they intentionally do not want to understand?

It clearly doesn't matter, because people "just don't trust them". So if something CAN be interpreted as a negative, people will do all they can to portray it that way.

Ruthless is more or less a side project made by two guys at GGG outside of job hours you say? "Don't believe it, and they are poring WAY too much resources into it".

Ruthless is a side pet project and will in no way influence the main game you say? "Don't believe it, and it will affect the main game in the worst possible way".

Ruthless is made for a handful of players, seeking a niche, old-school experience you say? "Don't believe it. It's made because of X negative reason".

[Removed by Support] So if i say i am god will you believe me? GGG has a poor track record of being honest. As i said before it's important what they DON'T say. They don't have "transparency" whatsoever.

Why don't they show us the drop rate of every item?
Why don't they show us the mod weightings without it being data mined?
Why don't they show us the numbers of anything RNG based?
Why don't they release all the numbers BEFORE a league?

Other devs (e.g. Riot Games or Digital Extremes) do that because they know players WANT to know these numbers.
Last edited by Lisa_GGG on Nov 26, 2022, 4:01:20 PM
"
Fallbringer wrote:
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
lupasvasile wrote:
How many times must we have this discussion?

Ruthless is a SIDE PROJECT. Nothing to do with the base game. Are people really blind and deaf or do they intentionally do not want to understand?

It clearly doesn't matter, because people "just don't trust them". So if something CAN be interpreted as a negative, people will do all they can to portray it that way.

Ruthless is more or less a side project made by two guys at GGG outside of job hours you say? "Don't believe it, and they are poring WAY too much resources into it".

Ruthless is a side pet project and will in no way influence the main game you say? "Don't believe it, and it will affect the main game in the worst possible way".

Ruthless is made for a handful of players, seeking a niche, old-school experience you say? "Don't believe it. It's made because of X negative reason".

[Removed by Support] So if i say i am god will you believe me? GGG has a poor track record of being honest. As i said before it's important what they DON'T say. They don't have "transparency" whatsoever.

Why don't they show us the drop rate of every item?
Why don't they show us the mod weightings without it being data mined?
Why don't they show us the numbers of anything RNG based?
Why don't they release all the numbers BEFORE a league?

Other devs (e.g. Riot Games or Digital Extremes) do that because they know players WANT to know these numbers.

Why would u need numbers? Its just a game for us to play after a hard day of work.
Or its a job for you? lol
Last edited by Lisa_GGG on Nov 26, 2022, 4:01:49 PM
"
Fallbringer wrote:
GGG has a poor track record of being honest. As i said before it's important what they DON'T say. They don't have "transparency" whatsoever.

I agree, they have a bad track record of being honest, at least lately. But what exactly AREN'T they saying about Ruthless that you would like to hear? What exactly ISN'T transparent about Ruthless? No matter what they say, you're not going to believe them anyway.

Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Nov 26, 2022, 4:16:36 PM
"
shadowthedead wrote:

Why would u need numbers? Its just a game for us to play after a hard day of work.

So i don't try to make t1 phys claw with 20div budget, that's why.
"
shadowthedead wrote:

You clearly never crafted any items right? Have you ever gotten to maps yet? That would explain your ignorance.
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Fallbringer wrote:
GGG has a poor track record of being honest. As i said before it's important what they DON'T say. They don't have "transparency" whatsoever.

I agree, they have a bad track record of being honest, at least lately. But what exactly AREN'T they saying about Ruthless that you would like to hear? What exactly ISN'T transparent about Ruthless? No matter what they say, you're not going to believe them anyway.

Why I don't believe them is because it's been hyped and talked about too many times by now for something that is unimportant as someone's pet project.

Arch-Nemesis was the real waste of dev resources, a good year of trying to make it work only to finally have to toss it out because it never will. Ruthless is by design something that promises you won't beat so after it rolls out they'll probably only make bug fixes and balance changes that also affect the base game and hardly touch the mode beyond that.
"
Fallbringer wrote:
"
shadowthedead wrote:

You clearly never crafted any items right? Have you ever gotten to maps yet? That would explain your ignorance.

I've done more than a lvl 88 SC character, yes
I did craft but please do understand, that SC crafting is... a little different to HCSSF crafting
On a side note, didn't I hear that the balance manifesto suppose to have been out this past Friday? Or is it next Friday? Regardless I thought one suppose to have dropped this past Friday.
"
Fallbringer wrote:
"
shadowthedead wrote:

My dude, your account shows a single level 88 necro with two 4 links. Please bless us ignorant with your deep knowledge. Is this a bug? Do you have a bunch of super meta crafted gear that could have been better if GGG emailed you the tier weightings?

You don't need the drop rate percent of every item, or the tier weighting of every mod. GGG not showing these numbers isn't some sort of anti-transparency issue, discovery is part of the game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info