Ruthless is a mistake and will likely kill the game

Ruthless for masochists seems like a great idea but the game shouldn't revolve around 0,01% of players. GGG has already a hard time balancing the game and with ruthless they won't even know what's a nerf and what's a buff anymore. They will constantly mix up normal and ruthless mode.

Ruthless has in the grand scheme of things no right to exist in the first place. As the world does not revolve around a single human the game should revolve around 0,01% that like to be tortured. Ruthless will sensitize those 0,01% that they are special and will get what they want while the rest 99,99% will left behind with nothing but nerfs because those 0,01% are the biggest paying costumers.

Yeah GGG said it was a side project that didn't take long... but do you actually believe what they are trying to sell to you? Haven't you had enough of their deceitfulness? Was it just a side project? What if it took way longer? The important thing is not what GGG says but what GGG does NOT say. With GGGs idea of a good game ruthless is like their baby and surely you wouldn't want your baby to have little attention right? Especially if your high paying costumers are on the line.

Be that as it may it's scary to think that GGG has to focus now on 2 different type of PoE games (even 3 of you include PoE 2). Balancing was utter garbage in normal PoE and with their latest Manifestos it seems that this is really the hill they want to die on.

I really hope DE will make a great Duviri Paradox expansion.

cheers
Last bumped on Jan 15, 2023, 10:53:25 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
don't worry, ruthless is a big meme

i give it 2 weeks tops before everyone goes back to normal league
Hope you realize that ruthless has nothing todo with the base game.

I mean the same would apply to HC and SF. Not a lot of people are interested in it and yet both exists.

Your post is just nonsense cause nobody forces you to play ruthless, nobody is left out cause you can continue to play the mode you like. Ruthless is just a additional more PoE legacy like mode and not the entire base game.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
A post made entirely of doomsday assumptions based on... Fear?
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Pashid wrote:

I mean the same would apply to HC and SF. Not a lot of people are interested in it and yet both exists.

Your post is just nonsense cause nobody forces you to play ruthless, nobody is left out cause you can continue to play the mode you like. Ruthless is just a additional more PoE legacy like mode and not the entire base game.
"
Pashid wrote:

Bold assumption that base game will stay the same.
Last edited by Fallbringer on Nov 26, 2022, 6:24:16 AM
"
Pashid wrote:

Bold assumption that base game will stay the same.
would be more fun to do some predictions cause we cant know for a fact, will the main trade game go towards ruthless or the other way around now that ruthless is in the game ? will they find it so fun they will implement some of this in the trade game ?

Serious question OP: why would an opt-in mode already fervently advertised by the devs as 'not for everyone' kill the game? I've seen a myriad of posts over the years saying 'THIS will kill the game' but few have been about optional features. Compared to 'not implementing instanced loot' or 'trivialising mana management', Ruthless seems pretty damn harmless.

Oh, and given how superficial it seems, I would be shocked if they were lying when they said it was a side project. Virtually no new assets at all. Effectively just a whole lot of stat tweaking and switch-flicking (most of which should probably have been options for private leagues, really). I've seen player made mods for other games a hundred times more impressive than Ruthless.

Or was this just clickbait to shill Warframe and Digital Extremes? Heh. Nicely played if so. You do realise that Digital Extremes and GGG are owned by the same people, right? :)
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Nov 26, 2022, 7:47:09 AM
You can take my word - i'm only playing HC Trade Ruthless from that day Ruthless is released.
Best addon ever to PoE
The only mistake Ruthless made was the timing of it. It should have been made a year ago, not RIGHT NOW when it reads like an extension of what they've been doing to the base game. The actual mode is great and needed for the game and should have come out when it was an even bigger contrast to what PoE was then.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info