Monster Mods FAQ

"
ebrl wrote:
Whatever. The average 4-mod rare under the new system will now be about as dangerous as a current magic monster, if not less. Congratulations on pandering to everyone who just wants to blast mindlessly on a second monitor while giving the game 10% of their attention.

Go play ruthless mode, problem solved.
Ok, so same mechanic, different names.. bye
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
I hope you feel free to iterate on the number of mods per monster even into the league -- it's a major change, and there's no shame in getting it wrong the first time.

Heck, add "rare monsters have +X mods" as a roll in map modifiers. That'd kind of be neat.
about as expected
(سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س
"
We are trying to make the rewards from rare monsters not so all-or-nothing

This stuck out as a breath of fresh air; it's far less "we're right, and what we're doing is right, but we might change our minds later, but not because of anything you said" than a lot of these updates come across.

That said... while I think most people would agree that evening out the drops is a good thing, without undoing the completely idiotic global nerfs to drop rates, it's hard to call it anything but rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.
"
ebrl wrote:
Whatever. The average 4-mod rare under the new system will now be about as dangerous as a current magic monster, if not less. Congratulations on pandering to everyone who just wants to blast mindlessly on a second monitor while giving the game 10% of their attention.

Ruthless hcssf for you sir
this for the rest of us

cya!
(سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س
"
RitualMurder wrote:
"
ebrl wrote:

Ruthless hcssf for you sir
this for the rest of us

cya!

You know, I'm pretty disappointed with what the AN reversal might represent as a future trend for the game, but worst of all is that it gives people like you the feeling that not only you were right all along but also that you are being witty with that inane "suggestion".
Really hope fractured items keep dropping from rares, but ideally NOT in clumps of 8+ of them. One here, one there. Fractured jewel drops have become a huge part of rolling jewels now.

The "converts all items to utility flasks" should stay but only affect 1 item, ditto "converts all items into 20 units of quality currency". Utility flasks and quality currency are useful, they were just too common in 3.19.

Le Toucan Will Return
#InChrisWeTrust
#MakeWraeclastGreatAgain
#InChrisWeTrust
#MakeWraeclastGreatAgain

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info