Monster Mods FAQ

"
MaxW81 wrote:
Instead of play-testing it like you "playtested" previous leagues why not do the following:

Start test league with the following:
1.Level up and ascension system like in endless delve so players wont waste time in lab
2. have Lily sell all scarabs, super rare legendary gear, woke gems and crafting mats for scrolls of wisdom
3. Listen to players testing your new monsters at various states of "gear level"

Please don't tell GGG to use logic... We may end up with a good game with buffs like that...
Last edited by Drimli on Nov 20, 2022, 9:31:10 AM
Finally
So everything is pretty much the same except we're not going to call it archnemesis anymore? Similar number of modifiers on rares, loot goblins but hidden loot goblins. I'm just glad that the community at large seems happy about the changes. Honestly I think loot and end game juicing isn't in a very good place. Loot just feels bad with historic bonus removal. Poe, even with the GGG recent failures is still so far ahead of other ARPG's that I'll keep playing, still had fun last league. However it feels like they are doing a lot of free advertising for blizzard lately. Wont be hard to jump ship if D4 is a solid game.
MF trinkets that increase risk and rewards depending on the tier level. Map owners trinket modifies the map when opening it. Number of players increase number of rewards or reward level. If a guild is MFing together, they shouldn't dwarf what a single player can get, but playing with a party can increase the reward level as they increased the risk reward. A well articulated guild shouldn't be able to milk this, but they ought to be able to have something that makes it fun and interesting.

I could imagine there'd be 7 people in a party, but only 6 are going in while the guilds trader is rolling maps, crafting items, and auctioning off the guild premium tab.

A guild shouldn't be able to overwhelm a market, but kind of have their specialty on what they're offering.

To combat abuse and mismanagement an officer or whoever is in power would authorize the trades, divvy up the rewards to members based on member contribution to the guild. I believe that would encourage more guild interactions and a feeling of what I'm doing matters not only to myself but to others. A feeling of togetherness and "what can we do to get better?"

Still think AN mods should play a roll and have their place, but it just needs to be more digestible and give a player the ability to have an idea of what to prepare for and the ability to prepare for it fast.
"
MaxW81 wrote:
Instead of play-testing it like you "playtested" previous leagues why not do the following:

1.Level up and ascension system like in endless delve so players wont waste time in lab
2. have Lily sell all scarabs, super rare legendary gear, woke gems and crafting mats for scrolls of wisdom
3. Listen to players testing your new monsters at various states of "gear level"

Nr. 1 Yes but for every character first. Playing the story once every 3 months isnt too bad. Maybe even make it a choice for first char. But personaly i prefer the first suggestion.

Nr. 2 No. Just no. whats the point of grinding then? Dropping uniques and knowing where to find them is the appeal of the game. Getting to fight a boss for the rare loot is what this game is. You got to work for your character at least a little.

Nr. 3 Appealing to everyone all the time is bad. Make your own game. Listen to majority (+70%) if you have to. But rather than appeal to masses, attract your audience. AN wasn't too bad, except for a few mods. The loot changes this manifesto are neat as well. But changing all of them was not necessary.
Last edited by SirLolo1 on Nov 21, 2022, 8:18:56 AM
"
Greebo wrote:
Please, please, pretty please KILL MF.

Or at least nerf it. I don't want to be forced to choose between running with two Ventor's or being significantly under performing in terms of wealth generation.

Totally agree.
Current form or next changes anyway will be work as "ok", only for party.
As single player if you want good and effective equip which needed for comfort play you dont want MF, but for farm good equip, you need MF. Looks like cancer d2 system.
ign: Triant (Golemelist)
"
MaxW81 wrote:

Point 2, wtf? Is that suppose to be a joke?
I truly wonder how much more life per mod does that mean?

I hope rares don't end up being even fatter than before or even than bosses... And oh dear... Campaign rares will become beefier than before thus making campaign even more tedious, right?

While I want to be happy about the simplified mod version, I know I shouldn't.
GGG somehow always manages to make it sound better than it will turn out to be.

It might end up being more or less the same or even worse than before so won't keep my hopes up. At least I won't be disappointed.
Stupid PoE2 Particle System Patch...

New mute system is another hot garbage.
Last edited by y3lw0rC on Nov 21, 2022, 8:14:16 AM
started reading and then realizied that information is incomplete, you are clueless still yourself, and once you do i really dont have the trust anymore, you will more likely lie and deceive the player base about the mods than tell the truth.
sad state of game
"
ebrl wrote:
"
RitualMurder wrote:
"
ebrl wrote:
Whatever. The average 4-mod rare under the new system will now be about as dangerous as a current magic monster, if not less. Congratulations on pandering to everyone who just wants to blast mindlessly on a second monitor while giving the game 10% of their attention.

Ruthless hcssf for you sir
this for the rest of us

cya!

You know, I'm pretty disappointed with what the AN reversal might represent as a future trend for the game, but worst of all is that it gives people like you the feeling that not only you were right all along but also that you are being witty with that inane "suggestion".

That feeling that they were right all along, is because they were right all along.

Don't really know what to tell you except that you're the vast minority and if they make the game you want, it will die even faster than it already is. Suppose I could have just told you to read my sig below?
For more detailed information, I do beta testing for $75 an hour.
Last edited by geoffreytuck on Nov 21, 2022, 5:54:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info