Monster Mods FAQ

Loot was and is the #1 issue driving people away from the game, and you failed to meaningfully address it in this FAQ, despite the fact that Chris justified (or partially justified) the 3.19 loot changes by saying that they would have put AN monsters over-the-top in terms of potential rewards.

You either haven't made a decision on loot, (in which case, it's been 2 months, so why the hell not?) or you have and are being opaque about it.

When can we expect to see some real answers on loot?
Just tell me if loot is still nerfed, and if loot goblins are still a thing.

If either of these answers is yes, that's all I need to know to stop having hope for this games future.
~ Seph
conversions still in, rarity converts upwards into currency, culling still in the game, mf squishlords still in the game, will be the same game as 3.19 with cull meta/party meta/loot goblin meta. rewards need to be reverted to pre-archnem integration into the game, it's clear that the mf rework experiment has massively failed. also, bring back deterministic crafting and harvest mods. vault all of magic find if the game needs that to be balanced with party play and multiplayer, two elements that cannot leave.
this is coming from someone who played solo squishlord windripper to headhunters in spider forests over and over. it was pretty broken then. it's more broken now.
"
sephrinx wrote:
Just tell me if loot is still nerfed, and if loot goblins are still a thing.

If either of these answers is yes, that's all I need to know to stop having hope for this games future.

I mean it's quite vague, could be sort of buffed, could be about the same?

Loot goblins atleast as described still exist, just the loot tag is now random and hidden.

And since this has been the direction and theme, I am going to assume the altar rework is going to butcher loot further (if you haven't kept up on meta post-loot goblins, sources of guaranteed rewards ala altars, heist, legion etc was the farming meta)

Hopefully I am completely wrong
Sounds good. Don't forget to make the monsters also drop loot again.
Ok this sounds dope how ever I guarantee the monster scaling dmg from rares when they do have extra mods and ghosted buffed etc will 1 shot more H/C players with in this 1st 2 weeks than ever before... pickafknboo face

Exciting about the end game HH buff will have to test this...

So Chriss all im saying is it would be nice to grind a new MELEE skill over the chrissy holidays my man... Because even if all of this isnt "Fun" a new skill always is. Oh BUFF MELEE esp STRIKES !! yeooow THE FORBIDDEN SANCTUM of new skill
what part of we do not like or want to have to run mf do you not understand? leave mfing to mf characters and let us blast in peace, stop ruining the game because of your bullshit vision
So basically lots of questions with no answer. Very... helpful.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
"
Rextec wrote:
what part of we do not like or want to have to run mf do you not understand? leave mfing to mf characters and let us blast in peace, stop ruining the game because of your bullshit vision

You don't have to...
"
ASpiRingFX wrote:

Exciting about the end game HH buff will have to test this...

Headhunter is literally worse now. They didn't increase the number of rares spawning. It doesn't matter if 60 AN mods becomes 300+ mods. In a system where mods don't stack and the number of rare monsters are equal, 60 would be better than the 300.

e/ oh and each rare currently only has 2-4 mods. Which is equal to 1 archnemesis mod. Definitely worse.
Last edited by KaseyM21 on Nov 17, 2022, 7:37:58 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info